Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Westcomb

I have a 34 waist, but long legs. Got the Large Chemical Pants - they fit but are just a tad too short. I am going to go with an XL as you get an extra inch inseam. They will be bigger in the waist, but can use the velcrow and belt to tighten.

First impression with the Chemical Pants are that they are bomber as hell.

I am going to call Westcomb again and see if they will just sell me a jacket outright. I leave for SA in less than 2 weeks and would LOVE to have the shell for that trip.

Bump:

So I had initially called Westcomb and they noted this years shipment to retailers is going out in 2 weeks or so. They noted that Vahalla in Vancouver had some left in stock and to try them, but if they didn't have what I was looking for to give them a call back.

After contacting Vahalla in Vancouver (that didn't have my size), I called Gabriel (Customer Service) at Westcomb today. He checked and they had an extra Mirage in XL and the color I wanted (Sage). He is shipping to me directly and said they would get it to me before I leave for South America next week.

Basically, Westcomb is AWESOME! I love working with companies that care about the consumer and are willing to help you out (rather than blindly sticking to some protocol). I am super pumped for this jacket, and without even seeing it, I would 100% recommend these guys just based on my experience with them to date on the phone.

Good on you Westcomb.

I had a similar experience when they had their warehouse cleanout sale. I got their email and not being in Vancouver couldn't attend. I wrote back asking if they had something I was looking for and he came back with a couple of great options. I ended up dropping the ball, but the personal service was outstanding.

the bc.com special edition mirage has no pit zips and a much lighter exterior fabric, making it overall a lighter and smaller packing shell.

The normal one has pretty beefy outer fabric and pit zips. I like mine and I am glad I have that over the SE. My only complaint is that I wish the hood and collar area was bigger, but then I have a large head. I really like the hood and collar style of the arcteryx alpha sv, its gigantic.

Curvy zipper, I could take it or leave it. If I had a choice I would just go for a straight one.

Well - the guys at Westcomb are awesome! Shipped it overnight to me to make sure it fits in prep for my trip next week. The Mirage is AWESOME! You guys were correct above - XL fits me good as a L would have been a little tight with layering below.

Will post pics tonight and a preliminary first impressions review - but it is simply bomber looking and definitely the best jacket I have ever owned.

FYI - Sage color is really good - definitely more like the 2nd pic that was posted above.

FYI - I am now debating sending back for a L. Putting on layers last night below it, the XL is pretty baggy in the body for me. Definitely not what I would call an "athletic" fit. Sleeves are actually pretty long as well - think the L will work better.

Otherwise, this thing is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer View Post
    FYI - I am now debating sending back for a L. Putting on layers last night below it, the XL is pretty baggy in the body for me. Definitely not what I would call an "athletic" fit. Sleeves are actually pretty long as well - think the L will work better.

Otherwise, this thing is awesome.
    You sound like a chick who just got home from Nordstrom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Ha - well it is a sweet jacket, so may as well get the correct size!

westcomb mirage

Anyone know if they made any revisions to the Westcomb Mirage Jacket this year? Fit?

UCL what did you end up doing? I have the same dimensions as you, curious if you went with the L?

Went with the Large. Fit much better. XL was way too big.

When I free up, I will eventually post a full review with pics. Just swamped at work now.

Do you have the 2007/2008 XL or the new 2009/2010 model???
    Last edited by matixsnow; 09-30-2009 at 10:04 PM.

Got the new 09/10 XL, and returned for 09/10 L.

I wasn't aware there were differences.
    eating and sleeping is serious business

yeah i am not sure. i am curious if they made any revisions to the 2009/2010 model...

wonder if they are going to update their website.

Good question.

Quote Originally Posted by kbuzz View Post
    wonder if they are going to update their website.

Quote Originally Posted by matixsnow View Post
    Good question.
    thanks...im trying to consciously buy as much "made in north america" as I can....

I'm interested in the Mirage.

Can anyone confirm if there were any changes to the 09/10? They still have pit-zips right, it was just the BC.com version that didn't? I sweat like a hog so pit zips are a must for me.

I'm 5'10 200#, stocky build and want a loose fit, not park rat baggy but not tightly fit, so I can layer etc. I figure the large will be the way to go since the XL will be way too long arms/waist.

Finally, where are people buying from? I see BC.com has them but I'd rather get it in Canada. Next time I'm in Vancouver I will try to go to Valhalla but that might not be for a while. It would be nice to buy it online from a Canadian retailer so I could ship it back if there was a sizing problem.

The new Armada event shell looks interesting, but first year run product for more $$ than the Mirage is too much (but they'll sell a ton).

cheers

I have the 09/10 and it has pit-zips. Got directly from Westcomb and I am in the States (but I got it before any of the retailers had them in stock). Just give them a call (but if it doesn't fit, you will have to go out of pocket to ship back).

I will try and post pics tonight.

How do you get in touch with them? I have a warranty issue but they haven't emailed me back. I sent it like a week ago. Is there a not international number?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer View Post
    I have the 09/10 and it has pit-zips. Got directly from Westcomb and I am in the States (but I got it before any of the retailers had them in stock). Just give them a call (but if it doesn't fit, you will have to go out of pocket to ship back).

I will try and post pics tonight.

Thanks, I emailed them, since they are Canadian (not sure why I forgot that), shipping will be no problem since I assume they have a Vancouver warehouse, so it wouldn't cost much/take long to send back. Guess I know one of my Christmas presents now.

They keep saying their website will be updated any day.... They have a Facebook page and seem to respond to questions on there very quickly, but I've also had poor luck with email.

Summit - I just called customer service. Ask for Gabriel - dude is very helpful and responsive.

604-420-8964

FWIW - Here are some pics of the 09/10 Mirage in Sage. As you can tell from my prior posts, I was extremely pleased with the Customer Service at Westcomb when obtaining this jacket before a South America trip (that actually fell through due to snow conditions). They were willing to ship to me before any stores had the new models.

1. Sizing - I am 6'3", 190 and the Large fits me perfect (note: I thought the XL was too big in the body). The fit is great and moves well with body movements. Definitely an athletic cut, but plenty of room for layering.

2. Construction - The construction is absolutely bomber. Frankly, just holding it and it seems like easily the best jacket I have ever purchased. In fact, seems better made than the comparable Arcteryx jackets.

3. Other Questions from Prior Posts - The hood is enormous and easily fits over my Giro MX helmet. sIt ha taped zippers and a powder skirt. Also, the one I purchased directly from Westcomb has pit zips (shown in the last picture). The Sage color in person is also very sharp.

Hope this helps.