Raisin' it up
    Waxing it down.
    In a little white box
    I can sell uptown.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    I resemble that comment.

The fishing sucks in MT anymore, move to AK.

I'd bet a ff forum would see more action than the surf room gets now, give the surfers the boot!

Everything sucks in AK. Don't move here.

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    hey gonzo...you still a regular poster at Paula's Ski Lovers?
    When I saw he was starting to post here more I wondered. How long until Gonzo has a 'foot in the mouth refuse to back down extendo bickerfest with someone he's offended and then takes pride in further offending instead of simply apologizing'? Maybe a little longer than I anticipated but not so long really. Maybe another name change is coming for a 3 week stint of civility and then right back at full asshat mode. I better go out and buy a six pack.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohillsnearby View Post
    And raise up dental floss?
    They're all tycoons. yippe yi oh tay a
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Quote Originally Posted by uncle crud View Post
    Yeah I think there should be a thread giving up all the best fishing spots so that every fuckin' gomer yuppie Orvis boy can just hit TGR and find out where he should take his Eddie Bauer SUV loaded down with Abel reels and Sage rods with House of Hardy creels and Filson fagwear.
    Um, I have a Sage and drive the same variety of SUV that you can get in the Eddie Bauer edition, though mine is not.

Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty View Post
    Um, I have a Sage and drive the same variety of SUV that you can get in the Eddie Bauer edition, though mine is not.
    Does the Winston make me even yuppier?

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Does the Winston make me even yuppier?
    Only if it's S.F. bamboo.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by powderchick View Post
    i must say that just pissed me off. my brother is an orvis guide and in no fucking way is he a yuppie.
    For those of us that fish a lot, the last thing we want to see while on a river is the guy that watched "A River Runs Through It" got all excited, picked up the Orvis catalog, and ordered one of everything. Then he shows up on the river, or worse yet calls my guide service, and expects his experience to be something like a day at Augusta National Golf Club, and doesn't understand why it's not his river and has to share, or in other words not walk into the pool I'm fishing. These "Orvis" references have nothing to do(or very little, with the exception of them off-shoring production of a ton of product) with the Orivs company or their endorsed guides. More the "type" of person that shows up looking like he fell out of the catalog. You could replace Orvis with a ton of other brand names but even non-flyanglers have heard of Orvis so it's stuck.

Where's your brother guiding? I might have to look him up this summer.

Jay
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

Oh and I suppose I should vote, Yes I believe there should be a Fly Fishing section, or to please LB, perhaps a hunting and fishing area. Would make my life easier from cruising back and forth between here and the Drake. Those guys hate winter, and I can't listen to them whine about snow while a huge number of them live in and around Jackson. Ok, huge is realitive.

So, please suit how about a little section for us???
    Jay

Those Drake guys have a whiny little bitch type forum in the winter!!!! Lots of good anglers though!

Quote Originally Posted by mnflyfish View Post
    For those of us that fish a lot, the last thing we want to see while on a river is the guy that watched "A River Runs Through It" got all excited, picked up the Orvis catalog, and ordered one of everything. Then he shows up on the river, or worse yet calls my guide service, and expects his experience to be something like a day at Augusta National Golf Club, and doesn't understand why it's not his river and has to share, or in other words not walk into the pool I'm fishing. These "Orvis" references have nothing to do(or very little, with the exception of them off-shoring production of a ton of product) with the Orivs company or their endorsed guides. More the "type" of person that shows up looking like he fell out of the catalog. You could replace Orvis with a ton of other brand names but even non-flyanglers have heard of Orvis so it's stuck.

Jay
    We honestly don't get many of those around these parts. Though I know what you mean. We have good water, but it just isn't the type you see in all the magazines when you see photos of fly fishing in Wyoming. I'd say 75% of the time, when I am out on the local river or lakes casting a fly, the next angler nearest to me is in jeans sitting on the tailgate of his '79 Chevy chuckin' hardware and drinkin' a Budweiser. And that's completely fine with me. But for this same reason, I think it would be nice to have a specific forum to direct the fish-talk so that I can get tips and info that I otherwise might not get from another fly angler I encounter on the Big Laramie.

1 yes vote.

You know there's a large market for those saturday morning fishing shows. Even the crappy one's, which is 95% of them.

I wanna slap somebody every time I hear " who hoo she's a beauty " Yea, thanks for that insight Jethro.

I mean how hard is it to come up with a decent script, damn.

It's something I'd think about if I was in the filmin bidness... and had all those camera's laying around....

Just sayin...

You mean you don't like watchin' Bill Dance Outdoors in your underpants and your breakfast Budweiser?

More to my taste

Yes, I FF forum is an excellent idea!

I'm all for a noodling forum too. And maybe a 'fishing with dynamite' forum as well.

I like the idea of a huntin' and killin'/fly fishing forum.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

I wouldn't mind some fly fishing action.
    backcountry makes my wee wee tingle...
    "What was once a mighty river. Now a ghost." Edward Abbey
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It's not wyoming...it's Jackson.
    Different rules apply.
    My Adventures

"Feeling good is good enough."

It's pretty easy to avoid them up this way as well. Most folks in MN think they are destin for the Pro Walleye tour, AKA Al Linder, so our streams see little action. But I think I can speak for every fly angler here that I have run into them from time to time. I do some light guiding(just enough to get free shit from a few mfg's) and I just "love" it when I meet my client for the day all decked out in his brand new orvis waders, matching wading boots, new rod and reel, a box of "sure fire" flies from the latest Cabelas catalog, and a list of all the good spots he's read about in some book on the river we intend to fish. Yeah, that's great. For him, we go to a particular spot where he'll catch trout all day long, but with few exceptions, the little ones, he goes away thinking he's mastered the sport, and my good client spots remain a secret. 'Cause you know it'll be 45 minutes after he gets home that he's running his mouth off on some internet chat room about this killer spot his guide took him and he just slughter 'em. Then there are the spots I save just for myself, and very close friends that won't share with anyone.

Good Luck,
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty View Post
    We honestly don't get many of those around these parts. Though I know what you mean. We have good water, but it just isn't the type you see in all the magazines when you see photos of fly fishing in Wyoming. I'd say 75% of the time, when I am out on the local river or lakes casting a fly, the next angler nearest to me is in jeans sitting on the tailgate of his '79 Chevy chuckin' hardware and drinkin' a Budweiser. And that's completely fine with me. But for this same reason, I think it would be nice to have a specific forum to direct the fish-talk so that I can get tips and info that I otherwise might not get from another fly angler I encounter on the Big Laramie.

Quote Originally Posted by mnflyfish View Post

Jay
    PC doesn't know shit, the place he works in just endorsed by orvis. Sure they get lots of yuppie texan clients there, but that side of CO gets hit hard with texans. Her bro guides Three Rivers in Gunninson (er Almont). Anyhow, I'm sure he'd love to fish with you. If you head that way send me a PM and I'll hook you up with him, we grew up fishing together.

I don't fish near enough any more but +1 for fishin / killin(don't tell AKPM about the forum though).

Quote Originally Posted by powwrangler View Post
    PC doesn't know shit, the place he works in just endorsed by orvis. Sure they get lots of yuppie texan clients there, but that side of CO gets hit hard with texans. Her bro guides Three Rivers in Gunninson (er Almont). Anyhow, I'm sure he'd love to fish with you. If you head that way send me a PM and I'll hook you up with him, we grew up fishing together.

I don't fish near enough any more but +1 for fishin / killin(don't tell AKPM about the forum though).
    Cool, thinking about a big loop through a few states this summer. I will let you know where the travel plans end up going.

Jay

Check out my new avatar.

Heh, 47 reply's, hell it is a forum already.

sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by L7 View Post
    When I saw he was starting to post here more I wondered. How long until Gonzo has a 'foot in the mouth refuse to back down extendo bickerfest with someone he's offended and then takes pride in further offending instead of simply apologizing'? Maybe a little longer than I anticipated but not so long really. Maybe another name change is coming for a 3 week stint of civility and then right back at full asshat mode. I better go out and buy a six pack.
    I see you're still the pus-dribbling whorecunt you always were. Nice move!

Oh, and that "asshat" comment? How very creative. More proof of the continued infected gash attitude.