Knee Pain (not sure wtf)

I was out doing this battle ship box the other night at my local hill and caught an edge switching up from frontside to backside... I ended up twisting my knee pretty good. I didn't hear any popping sounds but that might have been because my board was hitting the side of the rail and I heard that... Anyways, I got up and I knew I had done something.. I could walk fine and even put all my weight on it.. I jogged up the hill fine and went up the lift again to go down once more... Than the pain started so I checked if there was any swelling present, which there wasn't... I called it a night and went home and wrapped it up and than noticed it hurt whenever I fully extended it or turned it to the left (my left knee) at a certain angle.... I slept on it and woke to no swelling again.. I'm thinking it might be my meniscus or cartilage.. But like I said, there are no signs of swelling, bruising, or disfigurement...? I'm very confused and distraught.. I have the Jeep TPC to compete in next weekend and don't have any idea if I'll be able to..

Comments, Ideas?

pain location?
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Knee pain can come and go quickly or could be a lot more serious. If you have insurance or can afford a visit you should definately have it checked out. Otherwise wait a week and see if the pain goes away.

I was in the same boat as you and had no health insurance. Normally my knee problems would go away within a couple days. I twisted my knee getting into the car since my foot did not pivot. It hurt for three months but finally repaired itself (but probably not as well as before).

Good luck. I know my advice isn't helpful at all but definately see a doctor if you can afford to.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
    pain location?
    Heres a pic of my knee.. I went to school today and walked on it all day and even jogged a bit and it felt fine.. Only slight pain when I fully extended it and twisted it the wrong way..

the knee's look basically identical.. I fucked the left one up awhile ago at mammoth when I was like 12...

Quote Originally Posted by Crass3000
    Knee pain can come and go quickly or could be a lot more serious. If you have insurance or can afford a visit you should definately have it checked out. Otherwise wait a week and see if the pain goes away.

I was in the same boat as you and had no health insurance. Normally my knee problems would go away within a couple days. I twisted my knee getting into the car since my foot did not pivot. It hurt for three months but finally repaired itself (but probably not as well as before).

Good luck. I know my advice isn't helpful at all but definately see a doctor if you can afford to.
    Any advice is good at this point . I don't have any insurance so I'm not going to the doctor unless I REALLY need to :P
    Last edited by GeNe_; 01-08-2007 at 10:31 PM.

based on your description and location of your pain, I would take an educated guess at MCL or medial meniscus. Since your knee does not look very swollen I would lean a bit more toward the MCL.

As for what to do about it, as with any new injury, ice only for the first 3-4 days. After that if it starts to feel better try some heat/warm soaks. Also try to give it some rest for about a week and just see if it goes away on its own.

But, if after a week it is not better, feels unstable, you have clicking/catching/locking, pain with deep knee flexion then it would be time to think about going to have it examined by your doc.

good luck

WhiteRoom Skis

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
    based on your description and location of your pain, I would take an educated guess at MCL or medial meniscus. Since your knee does not look very swollen I would lean a bit more toward the MCL.

As for what to do about it, as with any new injury, ice only for the first 3-4 days. After that if it starts to feel better try some heat/warm soaks. Also try to give it some rest for about a week and just see if it goes away on its own.

But, if after a week it is not better, feels unstable, you have clicking/catching/locking, pain with deep knee flexion then it would be time to think about going to have it examined by your doc.

good luck
    It's on the top of the knee.. My mcl is fine as for what I know

It's gotten progressively better over the past few days so I think I'll be good for the comp this weekend...

arrow looks like inside of the knee...... but what ever same treatment applies. good luck at the comp if you decide to ride.

WhiteRoom Skis