Sweaty cold feet

OK so I figured out why my feet get sooo cold when everyone else says their toes are toasty…my feet sweat. I thought I had poor circulation because most girls do but realized my ski socks get damp and so my feet cold.

I guess a good foot powder should do or some better ski socks?

you using cotton socks?

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Good wicking socks and dry your liners EVERY night. Don't wear the ski socks in the car up to the hill, put them on there. I use baby powder before I put the socks on. Some people use anti persperant. Absolutely NO cotton socks.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

Spray underarm deodorant on your feet. Works for me.

I think the ski socks I have contain a mix of fibres but no cotton for sure.
    Learnt not to wear the ski socks up on the car drive up a couple weekends ago. Its weird I never had this problems before.

Gonna give the baby powder or anti-perserant a try. Thanx.

Wool.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

I have a similar problem. Not really sweaty feet, just always slightly clammy. I used to do the anti-persperant thing, but I didn't feel like it helped. One thing that does help, although a PIA, is to change socks at lunch. Even just taking your socks off during lunch helps. Also, thinner socks seem to help.

Chance your feet might not be sweating if water and/or cold air is getting in that overlap on shells by your toes. Stick a piece of duct tape over that spot in front of that front buckle that is closest to your toes. While I haven't had to do this on my Salomon's, it has made other I've had in the past better.

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    I think the ski socks I have contain a mix of fibres but no cotton for sure.
    Learnt not to wear the ski socks up on the car drive up a couple weekends ago. Its weird I never had this problems before.

Gonna give the baby powder or anti-perserant a try. Thanx.
    What changed? New boots maybe?
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

after realizing that hydration has helped me regulate core temp easier, I think that it has also helped me out with sweaty or non sweaty feet / and hands.

One of the side effects of severe frostbite for me was greatly enhanced sweat production.

My podiatrist prescribed regular application of a chemical similar to formaldehyde in an attempt to kill the sweat glands on my feet. I never finished the course of treatment, as it was 2x/day and pretty long. I also got kinda weirded out by the chemical itself and possible side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by nhtele View Post
    One of the side effects of severe frostbite for me was greatly enhanced sweat production.

My podiatrist prescribed regular application of a chemical similar to formaldehyde in an attempt to kill the sweat glands on my feet. I never finished the course of treatment, as it was 2x/day and pretty long. I also got kinda weirded out by the chemical itself and possible side effects.
    You could also try cauterizing your feet in acid or boiling oil to close those suckers up.

seriously........that's wierd
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Spray underarm deodorant on your feet. Works for me.
    ditto this - but make sure it's anti-persperant, not just deoderant, or else you'll have nice-smelling sweaty feet. I've used right guard unscented spray for my feet, worked great and not too smelly.

some foot powders also have anti-persperant in them (but most do not), so you could look for that too.
    Last edited by davep; 12-11-2006 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    ditto this - but make sure it's anti-persperant, not just deoderant, or else you'll have nice-smelling sweaty feet. I've used right guard unscented spray for my feet, worked great and not too smelly.

some foot powders also have anti-persperant in them (but most do not), so you could look for that too.
    The Peeps at Gapic swear by Right Guard.I use the Cheaper Suave brand to get the job done.Stuff a cling free sheet in your boots when they are stored.Keeps them smelling sweet.Ditto on the Smartwool ultrathins.

Oh my so many ideas...I guess I'll tackle them one at a time and see what works and doesn't.

- Already tried the thin vs thick socks didn't help.
    - Tried thin wool socks also and that didn't help.
    - Interesting info about the increased sweat gland production with the frostbite...I think I'd recognize frostbite if I had it this year or the last, so that's probably not it.
    - Could try the ducktape on my atomic boots but my new ski boots are finally in so maybe this clamy / sweaty foot thing will be eliminated. But it's a good idea.
    - Definitely intrigued to try an anti-persperant powder or Right Guard.

So overall I'm hoping the new Lang boots will eliminate this....fingers crossed.

Do you use a boot drier? Start out with warm, dry boots. If you drive for some time to the slopes, get a cigarette lighter boot warmer setup.

I mean, everybody's feet sweat, so we all have wet feet to a certain extent. Just keep the boots dry and warm, and don't be a fool and take them off once you're cooking in there until 4 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    atomic boots.
    There's your problem. Non-breathing, impossible to dry, leaky. Worst. Boots. Ever.