Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blackcomb today

Blackcomb today

we've all died and gone to the land of itneverstopssnowing. I'll be lapping glacier all day, see ya out there and enjoy!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

have fun toby, I was going to slog it out through the snowy lower mainland to get back up there again...but baker got 20" and it's an hour away. Going to give that action a try and see what's what
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

I've finally given myself a day off! It sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Tomo should be good, however, so I'll see you up there then.
    Believe.

Next semester, I will be joining the University of Whistler, because this just sucks. I hate my carless weekend warrior life.
    Enjoy

baker was off the freaking hook today, waist deep fluffy pow EVERYWHERE.
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Quote Originally Posted by PulverSchwein View Post

knee deep blower and NOBODY on the hill. found some really deep stashes in diamond bowl. props to shirk for pulling off the wildside straightline in walk mode
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    knee deep blower and NOBODY on the hill. found some really deep stashes in diamond bowl. props to shirk for pulling off the wildside straightline in walk mode
    heh, sounds like it was GOOD. I'd a payed to see that straightline tele action. nice job Brian.
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    knee deep blower and NOBODY on the hill. found some really deep stashes in diamond bowl.
    I hate you both.
    Last edited by Spark; 11-27-2006 at 12:05 AM.

Dudes, Whistler wasn't shabby either, even deeper blower out on Flute than yesterday... Took Alex(alpinepronghorn) and Colin(nhtele), our visiting mags, out for another spin on Flute, was fuckin' sick!!!
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

Toured out in blackcomb. Sorry i missed alex and colin - didn't even realize you guys were visiting

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydave View Post
    Dudes, Whistler wasn't shabby either, even deeper blower out on Flute than yesterday... Took Alex(alpinepronghorn) and Colin(nhtele), our visiting mags, out for another spin on Flute, was fuckin' sick!!!
    yeah and what's up with your blazing skin pace, start fucking smoking or something.

yeah whistler was pretty nice today, minus the drive up. sometimes i think vancouver drivers are more treacherous than the weather conditions themselves. today's pow stashes were nothing compared to my first few laps on glacier chair when they opened it on friday, or the hike up to 7th heaven for that matter. really wishing i had made the hike to flute today! most epic start to my season.... EVER

heh, sounds like it was GOOD. I'd a payed to see that straightline tele action. nice job Brian.
    No tele action. Straightlined the chute, shut it down after the run out, went to ski off and the Freeride was in walk mode.

The floppy little touring skis will only be used for touring not skiing gnar with powder11. Thats my new mantra.

can only imagine. you guys are living it up

See y'all up there tomo? Not sure what mtn yet, bottom of gondy at 8 is what I'm planning now, but its 3am and things can sometimes change.
    Believe.

It's a snowday in Vancouver, UBC's closed, anybody willing to risk going up to the local mountains or Whistler and crossing the havoc that Vancouver will be? I'll chip in for gas, donuts, whatever...

A huuge thanks to Dave and Pulverschwein for the tour guiding - definitely made the trip so much better. That last run on Flute yesterday was what dreams are made of.

Yeah, Lee it would've been great to meet you. Next trip will hopefully be a bit longer with more advance notice.

Sorry for taking off on you Paul. As it was I damn near gave myself 3rd degree frostbite (again) and we faced some serious traffic on the way home.
    Last edited by nhtele; 11-27-2006 at 01:05 PM.

it was brisk today

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    it was brisk today
    You can say that again. I ripped a Ruby Bowl lap, then inside Redezvous for a tea and defrost- then did Diamond once (via that crazy lil funnel chute that you get to if you were going to do rope line) managed to straightline to partial explosion, good times, finished off with another spin through Ruby bowl. Quick day but my toes wouldn't let my stay out there any longer!
    Believe.

right at the lights, straight on till night
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtrubs View Post
    You can say that again. I ripped a Ruby Bowl lap, then inside Redezvous for a tea and defrost- then did Diamond once (via that crazy lil funnel chute that you get to if you were going to do rope line) managed to straightline to partial explosion, good times, finished off with another spin through Ruby bowl. Quick day but my toes wouldn't let my stay out there any longer!
    brrrrrr....

so cold

but so very, very sweet.

nothin like cold smoke powgasms...
    when everything in the world is at its darkest, it takes a big man to kick back and party.

Hoping to make it up there on a miles ticket around new years. I'll see what happens, but in the mean time, no matter how tired you lucky fuckers are, keep hitting it bell to bell.

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    it was brisk today
    What are the temps like on the mountain now? It was minus 40 in Calgary today with wind chill.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta_hoser View Post
    What are the temps like on the mountain now? It was minus 40 in Calgary today with wind chill.
    http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/live/index.htm

-25C at roundhouse

hmmm, well it's official, this weekend cost me frostbite on my 2 big toes and possibly my gf...
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

hmmm, well it's official, this weekend cost me frostbite on my 2 big toes and possibly my gf...
    Just think of the money you'll save on Christmas presents.

Have fun cougar hunting in WB this winter.