Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jackson ticket discounts?

I know that I am going to head up there sometime this winter, so I figured now might be a good time to seek out discounts. Last year, Arby's had some coupon that I grabbed, just wondering if anyone knows of any promos this year, or if there is anything that I could get a local to help me out with...

I'll be skiing the Pass at least one day of any trip, so if need be I'd suck it up and pay full pop for the lift, but it can't hurt to ask first.

Dream, Dream, Dream...Drea-eam dream!

(there are a few out there, but almost ZILCH in town proper)

opening week(dec 2nd?) you can get in for $40. That is the only one I know of.

Last year there were some $15 off coupons at Lone Pine Sports down in Afton. Bart is the guy that owns the place. 307-885-9581 might be worth a shot to give him a call and ask if u can work out some way to get them from him. Tell him Aaron that moved to AK says hi if you talk to him.

Ticket deals in Jackson ? ? Unless you find someone with an extra voucher, try clipping a ticket in the parking lot. You'd be suprised how many ticket buyers are off the mountain buy 10:30 or so. My days off used to consist of a dawn patrol on the pass and a clipped ticket at the village for the afternoon. I rarely got skunked in a handfull or so of seasons on that plan.
    Of course, it is cheating the resort out of some cash but they make a hell of a lot more than I do!

You mean there is still snow on the runs at the village after 12:00?
    Say it ain't so....

These guys rule. They take out of state memberships:

http://www.onewest.net/~psa/Membership.htm#JH

dream on, indeed.

Good find, Benny!

I snagged some $15off coupons from posting an identical thread last winter. They were giving them out at REI's in Idaho or something. Someone will come through, just bump this periodically.

You'd think they'd be at least a third off all ready with out the tram in action.

i picked some 15$ off coupons yesterday at a ski shop in town. actually ended up taking the whole pile.

Quote Originally Posted by workinforturns View Post
    i picked some 15$ off coupons yesterday at a ski shop in 'MY' town. (Bozeman) actually ended up taking the whole pile.
    Ain't no vouchers round' heah', that I know of....

Often you can go to Ebay and find discount tickets for sale- usually pretty cheap. Sure buying them reduces the cost of the discount, but hey- every little bit is something.

Last year some guy was selling King Scooper (a grocery store???) receipts that had a $20.00 or $25.00 discount ticket on the back. They were selling pretty consistently for around $4.00 dollars.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    Often you can go to Ebay and find discount tickets for sale- usually pretty cheap. Sure buying them reduces the cost of the discount, but hey- every little bit is something.

Last year some guy was selling King Scooper (a grocery store???) receipts that had a $20.00 or $25.00 discount ticket on the back. They were selling pretty consistently for around $4.00 dollars.
    Bump this thread from the grave.

Will be in Jackson hole over next the days. Any insider tips to reduce the lift ticket sicker shock.

Act fast if you end up getting them online from JHMR. (Minor) discount requires 48hr lead time.

won't help you if you're trying to get FIRST TRAM, but fwiw, i also never had a problem scoring tickets off gapers at the bus stop any time after about 10:45. "hey, you done for the day? can i snag your ticket?" they love it, it gives 'em a story to tell about scruffy depraved ski bums to the folks back on ohio.

as someone mentioned up above, you can have a real nice day skiing a few glory laps then snagging a ticket in the parking lot and skiing the resort til you're ready to get drunk.

Can you still buy the Mountain Collective pass this late?

Targhee

Idaho falls ski club.must be purchased at the club in idaho falls. call them for info

If you stay in the village, any resort-affiliated hotel can give you a 10 or 15% off ticket. They require some advance notice.

Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Targhee
    I will be there next week first time (fucking thrilled actually) --- any Bogo offers, or discounted tickets from local retailers, etc.?
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

If you buy your ticket on the jhmr website the daily cost is $104 whereas at the ticket window it's $116 so that's a bit of savings right there and then it goes down a bit more with multiple day tickets too.

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    I will be there next week first time (fucking thrilled actually) --- any Bogo offers, or discounted tickets from local retailers, etc.?
    Idaho Mountain Trading in IF sells Targhee tickets for $59, which has to be a bit below ticket window prices. Don't get too excited about the Ghee, it's a fun mountain, but it's nothing special. It would be great if the whole place were literally 5 degrees steeper, and/or didn't face primarily southwest. Snow conditions there tend to suck unless you hit it mid-storm or immediately after given the huge amount of sun and wind the mountain gets. Skiing crusty, refrozen bumps on a 28 degree wide open slope is only fun for so long. Sure, there are some steeps on the north side of Peaked, if you like making 3 turns, doing a quick billygoat, then getting in 2 more steep turns before a 2 mile long gully runout.

If you're planning to spend some time at Targhee after you've skied a day at Jackson, plan to only spend 1 day at the Ghee. If you're going to the ghee first, you could be entertained for 2 days, but skiing them back-to-back will probably send you back toward JHMR in short order.

Just realized we have a handful of vouchers for full days. PM if anyone is interested $75

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    This probably won't help you this time, but every time I've visited Jackson, I've booked through central reservations. I end up with a room/cabin at Elk Country Inn and a lift ticket for about $120/day +/-.