4 days out from Meniscus repair...

And NOW she's getting painful.
    Now that I am attempting a bit more mobility, I am experiencing popping, torsional forces causing pain, etc, etc. I was hoping the unstable 'popping' would go away with the surgery, but I guess not. I am wearing a CT2 brace, but the pain is pushing through, and I am going to run out of happy pills.
    Any similar experiences from meniscusites?

More happy pill's.

I didn't need the surgery, but I rehabbed pretty quickly, still wear a brace wheni ski now though.

I really haven't had much pain through the whole thing. I was on the windtrainer on day 4 and have progressed to where I think I'm at 95%+. I did have some popping early on but now can run stairs, up and down with no pain or popping. When I've tried running light for even a little bit of distance though, I can start to feel some pain. I'm non quite where I want to be but I'm close. I'm planning on skiing on Fri. and Sat. so I'll have a lot better idea of where I'm at after this weekend.

rideit....mine was insanely painful in many situations (trying to get in or out of bed was the absolute worst). the first 2 weeks were rough.

i recommend a couple things that will help:
    * don't eat stuff that will cause swelling (e.g. salty stuff) -- pineapple is good
    * keep your knee above your heard -- way above. for the first 1-2 weeks, i really wasn't keeping it up quite enough. i elevated it but didn't get it above the heart.
    * sleep with the knee above your heart
    * if you can stand it, lay on your back and put your leg up on the wall as close to vertical as you can.

otherwise....if it hurts, back off what you've been doing a bit. did rork give you crutches? as you know, rork's not so great with communicating but he aboslutely does care -- really pester him with questions about what & why.

i feel for you....

Mine wasn't too bad - pretty minor discomfort - but I wasn't allowed to put any weight on it at all for the first 2 weeks (then partial up to full weight after 4 weeks). I went back to work 2 days after surgery and was just crutching around for the first few weeks - elevating and doing PT at night and on weekends.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Luckily I still have my old paraphernalia from the ACL/MCL/PCL disaster...(carbon brace, Ice chest knee thingy, crutches)
    I meet Rork tomorrow for some follow up. He has always communicated well and been very straightforward with me. Things are a little better today, but they were telling me I was going to be on a bike trainer by today...YEAH RIGHT.
    Thanks for the vibeage, the worst part is going to be travelling wed back east...ten hour flight day, two stopovers, one is FIVE HOURS LONG. Hopefully I can scam into the first class lounge and get swilly.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Luckily I still have my old paraphernalia from the ACL/MCL/PCL disaster...(carbon brace, Ice chest knee thingy, crutches)
    I meet Rork tomorrow for some follow up. He has always communicated well and been very straightforward with me. Things are a little better today, but they were telling me I was going to be on a bike trainer by today...YEAH RIGHT.
    Thanks for the vibeage, the worst part is going to be travelling wed back east...ten hour flight day, two stopovers, one is FIVE HOURS LONG. Hopefully I can scam into the first class lounge and get swilly.
    really??

rork told me to do absolutely nothing (i was partial weight-bearing on crutches) for the 1st two weeks. it took me a while to be able to make one revolution on a bike...i think it was 4 weeks or so. it's detailed in the thread i posted this spring/summer.

wow....4 days out and being on a trainer 4 days out. did he not feel the repair was a big deal or in a critical spot?

good luck w/ the upgrade on wednesday... i'll hope that your flights aren't crowded.

i couldn't bend my leg at all, so i had to cancel any trips i had for that 1st month. even when i had to do a trip 2.5 months post-op (JAC-DFW-EWR) it was still a nuisance.

sending positive vibes your way.

Hey rideit, did you have a repair or did he do a trim? Big difference between the two. I just had a trim, which is easier (apparently a LOT easier, after reading uan's thread on a repair... ) to recover from. If you had a repair, it's hard to think about spinning after only 4 days.

i'll see him today and ask "So, when I was knocked out cold last week, did you give me a little trim?"