Snowmobile Snowboard Rack

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...o/FSCN1475.jpg

just put 2 bolts in each of the running boards with a nut and washer on each side of the bolt, run some rope/webbing and walla! A 10 dollar rack, that in my opinion is twice as good as a commercial p.o.s.

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    personally, I would get pissed off kicking the two eye bolts on the running boards when riding. Second using rope gets annoying because you have to keep taking your gloves off. Maybe a tiedown or something easier to use with gloves. I started using a rigged system sort of like that for about half a season and couldn't stand it anymore. I ended up buying a cheetah rack and it was very nice. Your way it alot cheaper and if it works for you then awesome.

I was planning on webbing, possibly a cinch strap, I'm hoping the bolts are far enough to the side or I may end up like you.

KNIGHT RIDER Snowmobile Snowboard Rack

Looks like you could have saved some money by not buying eyebolts and hooked two bungy cords through the holes in the tunnel, how are they secured on the other end? I wouldn't like my steel edge bouncing of the aluminum tunnel either, looks like you have some time for tweaking the setup before it snows.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

ummm yeah, the eybots act as a guide dealio too, because it is impossible to keep the board flush with the machine with just bunjee cords, it works ok, and it got me through a bit of machine powered riding, and it was cheep. It rubbed on the edges a bit, but my edges rested on a peice of plastic on the machine so not too big a deal, but it is an issue. I definitly should and will invest in a better system.

Pretty cool...

I had all these lofty goals last winter to build something custom for my sled, and... didn't (rueful grin). We cam-strapped our shit all season.

Definitely looking for a better solution for this winter...

Anybody who has a M series can do what ive been doing just take 2 NRS straps and loop thru holes either side of bindings. Set over seat/ tunnel. Just sucks when you if you cross a small transition creek or windlip. It catches you and the board stops you. Works most of the time ,ultra cheap.
    Works fine for tandem and can even lash base to base for two boards. Keep a ice scraper to scrape lash straps free of snow and ice. No wobble or shaking at all really.

This thread has me thinking of getin a block of plastic or last resort block of wood,bolting it between the loops to avoid heat exchangers. raising the height of the setup a foot to get the board off the snow,equal with the seat. Then it would do the job of a 300 $ rack.

And I have replaced that piece of shit attak 20 track incase anyone is LOLing at it.
    Last edited by Sponge McBragg; 09-23-2008 at 09:05 PM.
    Blabity bla, woofity woof.

My son decided to learn to board this winter so I will be tinkering with a ghetto rig for his sled also. Thanks for the ideas and if I come up with any cheap alternatives I'll post it up. My ski setup cost about $30 and works well for us.

I've got some old Thule snowboard rack attachments that might work somehow. I kind of like Sponges setup but carrying the board on edge instead of flat.
    Last edited by mtcham; 09-23-2008 at 11:10 PM.

Hello to all of you.

We are Tiny Mo Pros and would like to bring your attention to a new kind of snowmobile ski and snowboard rack system, the Ajoosta Sled Module.

Our company is based out of a giant pillow zone called Washington and offer 2 types of snowmobile racks (small and large versions) which are extremely configurable to meet a users specific needs.

We try to support as much help to others we can whether it's: Selling the universal brackets to make your own rack ($80) or offering our full kits (starting at $279) with tunnel support and maximum adjustability. Additionally, the rack is entirely pre-drilled which makes installation......simple.

Attached are some pictures of the Ajoosta Sled Module along with a break down of capabilities. If you have further questions please do not hesitate to post comments below, we'll answer them the best we can.

Thank you,

Tiny Mo Pros
    www.tinymopros.com

no place for my kewler and margarita machine = FAIL
    watch out for snakes

Quick update to an older post out here. We have some new things being added within our product line for the 2014/2015 season, some new product changes are:

1) 5 Year Ski/Board Bracket Warranty

2) Rack Skins - To keep your racks looking prime without the need to polish or clean

3) Metal or plastic ratchets, so you can decide what you want based on your preference of material and release types

Hope you guys check out the site, http://www.tinymopros.com, for more information and details to our products!

Checked out your site. Love how adjustable the rack system is.
    Last edited by chiller; 10-13-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chiller View Post
    Checked out your site. Love how adjustable the rack system is.

Thanks Chiller!

It has been great working with you and stoked to see the set up is supporting what you guys are doing in Idaho.

Stoked on my rack! Love adjustability and beefing up my tunnel strength for heavier loads. Thanks!

Hey Guys, hope everyone is getting slammed with POW. Keep it safe out there, the more snow that comes....the more consequences.

Have a look if you have a minute for more information at www.mo-pros.com

Just remember to keep you and your buddies in check when out in the mountains.
    Last edited by MoPros; 08-26-2016 at 05:02 PM.