Thread: Adrenalina!

Adrenalina!

After being pent up due to some very questionable Marte closures this week, we decided to hike and ski the mighty Adrenalina. Car to Summit was about 5,600 vert. Top 2,000' was great winter snow and turned into money corn from there down. The last 300' vert was a little sticky. We got lucky with a sucker whole as it was actually snowing a bit on the summit. Here are some pix.

Nice, ELA. I was really hoping you would get to that one. It looks really steep from the valley, any guess on the steepness? I still regret skiing cerro las lenas instead of adrenalina when I was there.

fuck yeah!!! 5,600' of chalk and corn sounds soooo good right now . the jones is mighty strong.

I would say mid 40's off the top. Definetly a big mountain feel but not too steep, definetly alot steeper slopes available around the valley.

Quote Originally Posted by enlosandes View Post
    I would say mid 40's off the top. Definetly a big mountain feel but not too steep, definetly alot steeper slopes available around the valley.
    That's about what I was guessing looking at your pictures. Looks steeper than that from the valley, but regardless of steepness, Adrenalina is one aesthetic classic.

How long will they be running the lifts there, in theory (everything in LL is just theory, right)

Just curious, how long did the hike take you? Ive heard 6-8hrs.

LL closes on Monday the 16th. 50 cms of snow in the forecast. Looks like we are going out with some pow.

The hike took us 6.5 hours and we are regular folks. Would take longer if you had to start farther away.

A couple more photos. The first one of a beautiful sunrise over Sans Nom. The other looking across to the ski area's frontside. The problem when climbing something like this is now that we ticked off one objective, we found about five more that we have to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by enlosandes View Post
    The problem when climbing something like this is now that we ticked off one objective, we found about five more that we have to do now.
    .....And such is the life of the roaming Andes nomads.

Thanks for the stoke All. Summer. Long. We will try to return the favor shortly.

Looks like there's still plenty of snow to be skied after the bullwheel stops, eh?

Adrenalino = awesome... bummed not to have hit it last September/August... oh well.

Edit: oh... forgot to say

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra Cement View Post
    .....And such is the life of the roaming Andes nomads.

Thanks for the stoke All. Summer. Long. We will try to return the favor shortly.

Looks like there's still plenty of snow to be skied after the bullwheel stops, eh?
    Yes, there is plenty of snow up high and the forecast just was bumped up to 2 feet new thru Saturday morning. Stand by for more action. Adios!

Since some of you maggots are getting your panties in a bunch over a Las Leñas trip, put this on your hit list, you won't regret it.
    Attached Images Attached Images