Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I just met a freelance engineer for BD a couple days ago. If no one else can get you a direct contact with a full-timer, I could try to track him down.

Particle works for BD, maybe pm him.

anyone know about renewable energy-related jobs in ski towns? i'd imagine there's higher than average demand for clean energy in mtn towns with all the hippy and earthy folks plus the wealthy designing their dream houses.

i remember visiting central oregon (bend/bachelor) and it was everywhere. the companies are probably still located in the bigger cities i.e. portland, bay area, but you could probably get projects in ski towns.

i'm still in school in the east though so this is all pretty much speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I just met a freelance engineer for BD a couple days ago. If no one else can get you a direct contact with a full-timer, I could try to track him down.

Particle works for BD, maybe pm him.
    Hey thanks for the response. I'll shoot him a PM and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by JBN999 View Post
    I thought I would resurrect an olde tyme thread instead of making a new one. Since the original post I have graduated and I have been doing contract engineering work to make ends meet. I am still looking for that full time position so that I can have a steady paycheck coming in. I suppose its the same thing the rest of the country is doing...

Anyway, along those lines, does anyone have an email contact for an engineer at BD they would be alright with me talking to? I want to discuss opportunities with them, but would like to have a dialog going before I cold call and take up someone's time.
    http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com...rs/index/index

If you have worked in product design, this might be up your alley. A couple of months ago I saw a different posting for an ME/backcountry skier so keep pestering BD since it looks like they're hiring. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by donkeykong View Post
    anyone know about renewable energy-related jobs in ski towns? i'd imagine there's higher than average demand for clean energy in mtn towns with all the hippy and earthy folks plus the wealthy designing their dream houses.

i remember visiting central oregon (bend/bachelor) and it was everywhere. the companies are probably still located in the bigger cities i.e. portland, bay area, but you could probably get projects in ski towns.

i'm still in school in the east though so this is all pretty much speculation.
    You could check out the NREL student opportunities. Last one posted is 9/18/09

I have called almost every snowboard company what a mech eng job, but most contract their work out. I have been looking for a job out west since Igraduated in May and now have given up to anywhere in the country. I wanted a job so bad in Denver but nothing would ever come through. Anyone else know of one in anything in Denver or SLC? I am willing to pay for my own relocation. Yes shameless plug that's what happens when I no one in the country will hire you.