Lightbulb FREE SKIS To the right maggot

I was thinking about thinning out the quiver to get some new touring bindings and I came across these old things. I thought to myself man I should just give those to some poor dude, like maybe that lift maintanance dude you met on the lift last year. That dude was rippin, he was a cowboy who had only been skiing for three years and he was keeping up on some shitty skinny ass skis with lots of side cut and we were going OB in day old pow. He was a bull rider, only did two runs with him, but I liked the guy. Hhmmm, I guess I dont know if he'll work up there again this year. I thought who should I give them to? Should I? Is that crazy? What are they worth? I know I'll never use them, I got newer, better skis. Maybe one of thoes freaks on the web site I've been checking out would be stoked to use them. Some of them for sure would never, but a few might. I dont want to give them to some asshole, but I would give them to the right person.

What constitutes the right person?
    Well, someone who absolutely loves to ski, someone who has a completely unbridled enthusiasm for skiing.
    Someone who is in an unfourtunate situation financially and is otherwise unable to obtain a decent pair of powder skis.
    Someone who shares their love and stoke or skiing on this site.
    Someone who lives near a good ski area who skis a lot.
    Someone who goes fast and catches air.
    Is this you? Post a reply if you want these telling us why you should get these skis. If there are multiple worthy candidates you will be judged on the wit and humor of your reply and remember, posts without pictures suck.
    If you know a non maggot who should get these skis you can post on their behalf.

Oh, BTW they are pretty much mint, barely ever used, with demo bindings so will fit most any boot. They are the 185's so a little big for small or younger people. I reserve the right to recind the offer if no worthy replies. If multiple good replies, all maggots will vote for the winner.

Now for the bait and switch.
    I would like to sell these for $500 firm.

They have never been used, ever. 185 X-Tra Hot. Skis and bindings, these were about $1100 new when they came out. This would be good all mountain ski. Not a full on pow ski, but good in all conditions. It is stiffer than other Salomon models.

Mint.

Fuckin spammer

Give the bigs to max so he can turn around and sell them because they're not cool.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

very cool move.

You might get more for the Bigs.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

I heart those skis: my first fat skis ever - they ruled. Once I had killed them alpine style i mounted them as an AT rig and they served me well for another season BC...

I hope someone deserving scores these and has a sweet winter riding fats for their first time...

Cheers to you for giving away skis to the worthy. I gave away a pair of tuneups and I can't feel nearly as cool as you will once these get in the hands of some demonic maggot who will destroy middle earth with those babies.

I'm an asshole, so don't give them to me. You should try EpicSki for the Salomons.

i think i'm a candidate, but a weak one at that.
    i have msps first of all, i got them off a mag last year, but destroyed the bases out at alta, and fuckgin discovered an edge crack right under the boot apres season. this summer i worked alot and made about ~$2400 as an overall budget for the year (in terms of college and skiing, not just skiing), and i decided if a sick deal appeared i would have to pull the trigger to replace my wilting msps (which i love), and because i wanted to get a slightly wider ski than 90mm waist....the skis i mainly focused on were ~100mm twins that got sick reviews...goats, scratch bc, or prophet 100s. I found one! julian carr was selling his scratch bcs for the sickter deal of $330 with shipping, however before i can receive tehm and get all stoked...

1st saturday back to school, i manage to get the drunkest i'v ever been (yes my own fault another reason why i'm a bad candidate, and i'm just a fuckign pussy); i black out from 10:30 on, and judging from my phone records i was up til 3am, a solid chunk of time for me to fuck somehting up. I wake up at 4pm with the worst hangover of my illustrious career, I talk to my friend and discover that last night i almost got in a fight, because at one point i wandered into some kids room, and poured/spilled water/beer all over his computer somehow, which i have no memory of whatsoever. fuck, i call him and it turns out to be true, he's going to get it checked out and see if its fixable/how much damage i caused. he called me yesterday, turns out i caused $900 worth of damage...fuck. so my schoolyear budget is now down to fucking $1500, after working fuckign two jobs all fuckign summer....weak sauce.

i'm going to sell the scratches as soon as they arrive because i need the money, and i'm gona get a job. if i can make ~900 i'm going to try to buy them back from my friend because that way i can come out even.

I'm going to ski bum out at alta for a while, but can't pull a whole season out there becasue of school (we have a kickass trimester break)...yet another detractor from my candidacy. I think there is definately some poor guy who is way worse off through no fault of his own who deserves these way more than me, but I'll give it a shot, plus its good to get this fucking weak shit off my chest.

edit-for clarity and to make sure i said "weak" enough
    Last edited by lax; 09-18-2006 at 08:31 PM.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

Very nice. Good karmic move. Bigs are great! Wish I had not sold mine. I am sure you'll find someone worthy to give them to. Very nice move indeed.
    The snow doesn't give a soft white damn whom it touches.
    ~ e.e. cummings

^^^ Gotta give Lax props for being honest

So the only pair of skis I've ever owned is a pair of 173cm (173cm!!!) K2 Enemys (not the AKs even). My boots are actually retired rentals, but thats another story for another time. My Dad bought these for me back before I had any clue what I really wanted/needed. Since then they've seen roughly 150+ days and have taken *alot* of damage (core shots, etc.) mostly from the PNW travesty winter of 2 years ago. This last year we were blessed by Ullr and I was stuck riding my less-than-80mm underfoot Enemys' which are falling apart. Anyway, I'm in college right now a little more than an hour from Mt. Hood in Oregon and am currently about $5K in debt which is only going to get worse next year and the year after that. I ski whenever I can and got about 30 days last year, I'm stuck without a car this year so I have to rely on friends to get me up the hill but I've organized a car pool at school already in anticipation of the season to come.

oh, and did I mention that my skis are mounted with Markers?
    Last edited by belgian; 09-18-2006 at 09:00 PM.

lax if you ever make it to alta, as of right now you got a pair of skis. I mean you are only an asshole for ruining someones computer if your not drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kanone
    lax if you ever make it to alta, as of right now you got a pair of skis. I mean you are only an asshole for ruining someones computer if your not drunk.
    thanks dude, but honestly there has to be someone way more fucked than me, belgian for one...let this thread run for a day or two (the msps will be fine as long as the edge holds)

edit-i'm retarded
    Last edited by lax; 09-18-2006 at 09:35 PM.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

oh the offer is still open you are just the leading candidate. Pictures count heavy for me. I dont feel like it a big deal either because I got them for free and have more and I honestly would just assume give them away. Hopefully a few more guys will want them and put up some entertaining posts.

Ya El Kanone!! Solid entries into maggotdom. Great stories and pics, and skis.