Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by slim
    It also doesn't do much for your heterosexuality either.
    But now I'm ssssso ssssenssssitive.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

I've been doing the hood river steps lately, c'mon out and join me.

Also I got coerced into getting a 24 hr fitness membership--had a free 3 month pass, but they gave me an "expires tomorrow" offer and I took the bait. Been going before work--6 am--if going back and forth across the bridge during rush hour interests you I'm there 3 days a week. Trying to get a head start so I can keep up with the utards hiking this year!

Spinning class works pretty well for me.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee
    Spinning class works pretty well for me.
    to pull a Seinfeld; "What's the deal with Spinning?"

Serioiulsy? Isn't it just riding a bike in a room with other people? My gym charges extra for these "classes". I must be the shit since I can do this on my own for free.

The googz led me to this page, so I'm going to bring it back from the dead. You're welcome.

Now that I'm out of Bozeman, I'd like to maintain what little conditioning I have in prep for the ski season. I'm a bit leery of CrossFit; not only for the cost but, well ... everything else that gets said about it around here. Plus, I don't feel compelled to have it take over all of my social media and I certainly don't want to whine about it all day. Any of you PDX mags have any gyms, trainers or programs that you've used that you'd recommend?

I'm not in PDX but I love the 5/3/1 program - super flexible and lots of room for high rep stuff and conditioning work.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I'm not in PDX but I love the 5/3/1 program - super flexible and lots of room for high rep stuff and conditioning work.
    Interesting. I'll give a Googz search.

I switch from drinking cans to 40ozers. Trick is to lunge before each gulp.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    rest & rehab from the summer stoner tour takes time, hitting the gym instead of the bong takes a strong constitution in the pnw.
    I'll take that as a compliment

If you must take a class, go to spinning, tabata, asylum twice a week then just lift the other 3 days with 2 rest/ recover days. All that will mean fuck all without proper eating. Why does everything have to be a class these days?.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    If you must take a class, go to spinning, tabata, asylum twice a week then just lift the other 3 days with 2 rest/ recover days. All that will mean fuck all without proper eating. Why does everything have to be a class these days?.
    It doesn't. I'm finding that I have less time since moving and a class would help keep honest and on time. Plus, it would give me a structure to follow outside of class.

Prior, I would simply mountain bike, hike and get a bit of skinning in before the season started. Much of that is no longer in close proximity so trying to fill it in with other things.

Nice girlski thread bump. Miss ya K!
    Move upside and let the man go through...