Do snowmobile goggles have the sticky straps like moto goggles?

Moto goggles have little rubber strips or something similar that keep them in place on smooth helmets. Is there a similar system on snomo helmet goggles with more snow specific lenses?

thanks
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Kid,

I actually created the same thing myself for my daughter's goggles this season. It worked well. Sorry that I don't have hi-res photos for a full how-to, but you should be able to understand from this description. I got the idea because a pair of Spy goggles of mine had the silicone strip on the inside and it works great for keeping goggles from sliding up and off the top of the helmet.

I slightly stretched the goggle strap - not as stretched as when on the helmet, but not completely relaxed either. I think I used a box or something to stretch it around. I took some basic clear silicone sealant that you can get at any hardware store. I applied a zig-zag bead to the inside of the strap with the peaks/valleys of the zigs about 1" apart and a bead of maybe 1/8". Then I took a popsicle stick and knocked down the bead, smoothing it onto the strap and making it smooth. Let it dry overnight and it has worked perfectly ever since.

You can do this to any pair of goggles and they'll stay on any helmet - with or without a goggle retention device.

Thanks man.

I was a little concerned with the solvents in that crap degrading the elastic in the strap but if hers are still working after a while, I guess you would have seen any issues.

Much appreciated.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Buy Oakleys. All their goggle straps are like their MX goggles......
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Sinecure, that is a great tip. I used to wear my Pro-Tec bmx (no goggle retainer strap) helmet skiing and always hated how I had to perfectly position the ski-goggle strap(I think they were Smiths), but with moto goggles, they gripped the plastic and would stay on great.

Many, if not all Spy goggles have this feature already built-in to their snow goggles.
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

I had some Leedom ski goggles that came with the grippy silicone strips on the elastic band.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Sounds like I just don't own the right brands.

I'm never buying oakleys though. Moto, snow, glasses........everything I've owned of theirs scratches with a light breeze.

Thanks for the info guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    Sounds like I just don't own the right brands.

I'm never buying oakleys though. Moto, snow, glasses........everything I've owned of theirs scratches with a light breeze.

Thanks for the info guys.
    I wouldn't buy the Leedom ones again; they were kind of fragile (foam disintegrated quickly), but at least they were cheap ($15ish).

I'm 100% with Smith now. Quality is great, and their warranty service (lifetime warranty!) is second to none.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra
    I wouldn't buy the Leedom ones again; they were kind of fragile (foam disintegrated quickly), but at least they were cheap ($15ish).

I'm 100% with Smith now. Quality is great, and their warranty service (lifetime warranty!) is second to none.

Plus the leedom ones look kind of goofy.

A buddy of mine reps smith stuff so that's what I have......just none with the silicone.

I'll try sinecure's trick tonight.

I was a little concerned with the solvents in that crap degrading the elastic in the strap but if hers are still working after a while, I guess you would have seen any issues.
    Given the typical lifespan of a pair of goggles, I can't imagine that being a problem even if it did degrade the elastic. The pair my daughter used worked great all last season no problem.

Plus the leedom ones look kind of goofy.
    Yeah, but they were $15...

Great deal here on Smith Fuse w/ sensor mirror lens:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=60821

The Smith moto goggles come with sticky straps. Identical with the snowsports goggles, except frame/strap colors.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy
    The Smith moto goggles come with sticky straps. Identical with the snowsports goggles, except frame/strap colors.

But moto goggles are usually one layer lexan no?

But moto goggles are usually one layer lexan no?
    Smith's snowmobile goggles all have dual-lenses. The moto lenses are typically one layer, since they run tear-offs and whatnot. But because they are the same frames as the snowsports ones, you can easily change the lenses to whatever you want. Like I said, just different colors and sticky straps.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by BakerBoy
    Smith's snowmobile goggles all have dual-lenses. The moto lenses are typically one layer, since they run tear-offs and whatnot. But because they are the same frames as the snowsports ones, you can easily change the lenses to whatever you want. Like I said, just different colors and sticky straps.

tanks yo

The Quick Straps are a necessity for any off road rider or racer thanks to their convenient and easy to use goggle release system.The Quick Straps system works easily with the industries biggest goggle names like Oakley, Smith, Scott, Spy, Fox, and Dragon.No tools are required to install the Quick Strap system. Everything you need is included for simple installation.With the Quick Straps installed your goggles can quickly and easily be disconnected on one side while the other side remains connected. This innovative system allows for quick cool down without the worry of handling your goggles.

^^ hmmm spam?
    I like the silicone idea thanks

I still do the silicone thing on most of the family's goggles that don't come with it. I've gotten better at it over the years. I lay down a squiggly bead, then smooth it down a little with a popsicle stick or similar. Which reminds me, I need to steal some tongue depressors next time I'm at the doctor's office.

I have noticed that the silicone comes off on some straps. Mostly the bling ones with metallic woven into them.

And yeah, what's up with thread resurrection spam?
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Buy Oakleys. All their goggle straps are like their MX goggles......
    i did the same thing and it worked out great. every once in a while they would get fogged up though and i wish i would have had like the quick velcro straps... take it fwiw

Just got some new smith stance goggles. Same basic shape as the fuse and sticky silicone on the inside of the strap. $$$

Found a bunch on amazon for around $50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Bro View Post
    ^^ hmmm spam?
    I like the silicone idea thanks
    Probably was spam, but the quick straps work awesome on moto and snowmobile helmets. I am sure they would work on some ski helmets just as well. They work really well with visored helmets which don't allow you to put your goggles up.