WWMD, trying to get boots warrantied

So I've got some Northwave boots that are a big PITA. The tounges shifted on the shells after 2-3 turns, rendering the boots loose and unsupportive. Sent them back and they stiched some velcro in, which helps keep the shell tounges in place. Only now the tongues on the liners move, having the same effect.

Basically, I get my boots all snug and after making a couple turns they're loose again. Grr.

Bottom line: I want 'em replaced. I've had other NW boots and they've all been rad. Also borrowed a buddy's NWs for a run or 2 and they were fine.

I wrote this letter to the warranty dude, and am about to send it. Wondering what y'all think

[Warranty Dude's Name]:

I sent my Resets back to you over New Year's (RA# #$%#). They're still giving me problems.

-- Tounges in Liners now shift
    -- Boots are loose after about 10 seconds of riding

The boots are entirely compromising my riding, and it's extremely aggrivating. As I mentioned before, this is my 3rd pair of Northwaves, and I've never had a problem with any other NW boot.

These boots have 50-60 days on them. There's no way they should be so problematic. Top-of-the-line boots should last at least 100 days. One of your riders on your website is touting he's been on his for over 200.

I'd like them replaced with an APX-9, the most comprable boot with similar fit. Also, I borrowed an APX-9 from a friend and rode for a few hours with no problems. (The Reset is a similar boot, but seems to fit more narrow than the static.)

You're not going to lose any money by replacing the boots, but you may lose money by not. Like I said, I've been a loyal NW customer for the past 5 years and will continue to be one if your products are of the same fit and quality as they had been in the past. I buy boots every 1-2 years, and plan on riding for at least the next 20 years, so that's a lot of boots.

Please get back to me ASAP.

Thanks,
    Jayfrizzo

quit snowboarding
    fine

don't count on it...

Hopefully the snowboard guy is different than the cycling shoe department prick. I had some northwave mtb shoes that saw the sole fall off after about 5-6 mos. of moderate riding (winter months). They didn't replace them...they offered me pro deal on another pair.

If they didn't fit sooo great I'd tell 'em to fuck off. the replacemtnts have lasted for over a year and a half of pretty good abuse.

Re: Re: WWMD, trying to get boots warrantied

Originally posted by Tap
    spell "aggravating" correctly
    And "tongues."

Use a spellchecker.

drC

Homerjay that sucks nuts. They didn't replace them, and still cut a profit by selling them to you at proform.

I'll shit in them and send them back before I do that.

Boots are gonna be half off in a month or so. I'd like to stick with NW as this has been my only pair with problems, but if they hose me I'm done with 'em.

Sucks, too, as I've been stoked with their boots for a while now.

Tap, Burton's don't fit me well. Has been a few years since I tried some on, though, so if this doesn't work out maybe I'll go back to the Borg. They are rad about their warranty. Like 3 days to get stuff back.

Yes yes, I spellcheck stuff before I send it out. And this board only needs one Pinner. (No offense to the Pin-man.)

J-
    Last edited by jayfrizzo; 01-29-2004 at 05:00 PM.

Originally posted by jayfrizzo

Yes yes, I spellcheck stuff before I send it out. And this board only need one Pinner.
    maybe you need an editor as well.
    fine

Originally posted by tuffy109
    maybe you need an editor as well.
    Maybe you need a foot up your ass.

Already edited it, beyotch. And changed some stuff and spell checked it and sent it out.

j-

oh yeah, they ignored my emails, so I had to call them repeatedly to get anything done...I was riding/racing/training alot and time was of the essence. It really took alot of hounding, so I'd try calling them if you don't hear back soon.

good luck

OH YEAH!!! So I had to ride Northwave, but they replaced the boots.

Sent off the letter weeks ago, no response. Emailed again, no response. Called and left message, got response. "Send your boots back." So I did, and just got these in the mail today.

http://www.boardtactics.com/s/img/prod/l/5905.jpg

Been wearing them the past couple hours. I've jumped around in my living room, dorked around on the balance board, and played 20 minutes of Scrabble with them on. Seem to fit well, and no tongue shifting. Tomorrow, the hill.