Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dude--I freakin' love Fall

I used to like fall because it meant winter was on it's way. Now--I like fall for fall. I love the crisp air in the morning and the evening. I love how the sun gets lower, and the light gets softer. I love the telltale smell of smoke in the air. I love all my secret spots to shoot spectacular fall foliage. I love fall ski swaps, and ski sales. I love talking about new gear in the fall. I love ordering new gear in the fall. I love trying on new gear in the fall when it arrives, just to make sure it's legit. I love the fact that in Utah, fall can turn to winter overnight. I love fishing BWOs under golden aspens. I love seeing summer trails blanketed with fall leaves....

The Griz

Griz I gotta tell you, you have some mad skillz with a camera. There are a lot of great photos & photogs on this site, but you bring some amazing shots.
    Fresh Tracks are the ultimate graffitti.
    Schmear

Set forth the pattern to succeed.
    Sam Kavanagh

Friends of Tuckerman Ravine

I agree. Fall is my favorite season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by H-man
    Griz I gotta tell you, you have some mad skillz with a camera. There are a lot of great photos & photogs on this site, but you bring some amazing shots.
    Thank you sir.
    The Griz

Man, I am with ya. I love fall for everything you just said. Plus it is welcome relief from what I consider torcherous (sp) summer temps. It is great to get up and see dustings on the mountains and drink fuller bodied beer.

Great pics mang!!

nice pics griz
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

I completely agree and if I didn't before your pics would make me a believer. awesome shots! Leaves are starting to turn and cooler air is definitely here.

Griz,

great shots as always!

thanks.

We're still a couple of weeks away here in southern NE. Leaves changing color means ski season is only a short time away...

Fall is like foreplay.
    "Go Balls Deep!"

Great eye and technical expertise! I love seeing your photography.

What the hell is fall? It's supposed to be 97 today.

Nice pics, keep it coming.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

friggin sweet griz-nizzle. colors should start changing around here in a week or so, I hope.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

PREACH ON GRIZ!!!
    Fall really is great. I’ve always liked it because it meant the end of summer’s heat and humidity and that winter was on its way. Now that photography is a big hobby of mine, I eagerly await fall and the leaves turning. I’ve got a couple new spots picked out this year that haven’t been put on a million postcards, so hopefully I can create some nice and unique photos.

Your pictures are amazing as usual.
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere.

Great shots!!! Fall Rules. Bring on Winter!!.
    Ski Fast, Take Chances

ooooooooooooh ya Grizz-Natch!!
    been waiting to call you back from a month ago 'till we can get out again to that "secret" spot
    cool you posted this as I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday when hiking with the little one up at Cecret Lake and noticed some reds showing up in LCC.
    plus Powstash and I saw a huge patch of reds on our way back from Maple Canyon last Friday

p.s. when you gonna let me pull that Toyata outta the water??
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Rad, fuck-yeah, awesome, incredible, too cool, amped me up, killer.
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Awesome pics! Fall is my favorite as well for all those reasons and the fly fishing is prime!

Quote Originally Posted by Xover
    ooooooooooooh ya Grizz-Natch!!
    been waiting to call you back from a month ago 'till we can get out again to that "secret" spot
    cool you posted this as I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday when hiking with the little one up at Cecret Lake and noticed some reds showing up in LCC.
    plus Powstash and I saw a huge patch of reds on our way back from Maple Canyon last Friday

p.s. when you gonna let me pull that Toyata outta the water??
    Oh man--what I wouldn't give to get in the water right now. Haven't done anything but paint. cut baseboard, go crazy with a nail gun and any number of other home remodel tasks for the whole summer. Gonna have to be next year my man.
    The Griz

Those are some incredible pics. Really nice, and captivate what's fun about fall nicely.

COngrats.

It's been very rainy & gloomy here for about a week now. I look forward to the sunny fall days, there is nothing like that. I love how the sun lights up the leaves like they are on fire. Especially if you are walking in the woods and the whole canopy is like that.

I still haven't gotten that pic of the neat tree that was already orange which I saw in VT 2 weeks ago, but I will. Hopefully on a very bright day, for that blazing effect.

They won't be as good as yours though, Grizzle. Nice stoke & thanx for posting it.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Second star to the right and straight on till morning
    DEEEEFinitely some money shots.

Carpet skiing rules.
    Days on snow 06-07: 3
    Days behind a boat summer 2006: 24

"Coming here and asking whether you need wider skis is like turning up at the Neverland Ranch and asking Michael if he'd like to come to Tampa with the kids" -bad roo.

Octoberfest, thats one of my favorite parts of fall!
    Some people see skiing as a sport, to me its a way of life.

Cool stuff Griz. love that shot looking down to heber? buy one of those 'intensifier' filters. you will be happy you did. yes you can add things in photoshop like that but why do it when you don't have to.

Gota love the classic long shutter exposure with running water!
    But yes...fall is in the air and it feels glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by H-man

I'll second that. Those are some beautiful shots.

Fall has always been my favorite time of the year. The colors, the smells, winter right around the corner...I just love it.

Hey chump, I want to buy two more of those photos.