Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    This half hour long wave machine rolls through every 12 hours, year round. Lots of wave time 5 minutes drive from house.

90 min drive gets waves 10 times a year

and another 30 min jet ski ride gets you to open north pacific

3 minutes drive the other way puts you on a half decent ski hill

25 minute drive and 10 minute sled ride gets you here

A little DH biking to mix things up. Pic #1 was right there behind my right elbow

Culture?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/12/us/mos...ce-in-america/

Surfing CA depends on where you are. If you don't mind cold and sharks there are still barrels and reefs galore that rarely see a pack greater than five. Hell, there are days I am wishing someone else is around.

Skiing is decent to very good four hours away.

Driving up on Fridays suck balls tho.

That bore is beautiful.

Obviously not ocean surf, but in Innsbruck you have a lively city, more english-speaking jobs than you'd expect (some fairly well paid), 100s of ski resorts within 1 hour drive (glacier skiing 10 months a year), quality touring (photo from a couple of weeks ago)... and river surfing. Silz wave (below) is 20 mins drive, the famous Eisbach wave in Munich 2-3 hours I guess. Some other 'secret spots' (surfers think they're secret, but they've been in kayaking online guidebooks for 15+ years) within 30-60 mins drive too. Not much bikini factor, but plenty of skimpy sundress factor in the summer.

If you're a skier more than a surfer it works, anyway.

Great thread.

Surfed Davenport for a decade and skiied Kirkwood every winter. Almost to the breaking point, given the price of housing in the Golden State. Love the suggestions. Big Thanks

-Be excellent to each other

Seattle

2 hours from skiing amazing terrain and just over 2 hours for good surfing that usually isn't busy. Find friends in the city who have wakeboard boats and surf on lake Washington if your not feeling the drive. Best city to live in the lower 48 hands down.

2 hours is WAY too much driving each way to play, imo. I'd much rather live one mile from very serviceable year round surfing and less than 2 hours from good skiing. Being a mile from the surf means always being able to nail good tide, wind, and swell windows at the drop of a hat on any given day or hour. Skiing is pretty easy. Snow just sits there. Or it snows.

Having zero traffic to deal with, ever, is key as well.

I don't mind the four hour drive and being a mile away from consistent high quality surf. Traffic can suck when we head up to the mountains on my wife's school teacher schedule, but mid week days it is easy.

Ya I meant that 2 hours is too far to drive to both activities. Got live right at one or the other to be ideal, imo

Must suck to live hours from the ski area......
    I live 30 or so meters from a gondola in france in the winter and like today I am across the street from the beach.

How do you say, "jajajajajajajaja" in French?

ROGROGROGROGROGROG

I don't get it. How'd that flight to hnl go? Forum time from the channel?

Why even respond to jet set boy? His life is better than yours. He tells us about it everyday. Living the dream is lonely it seems. And is prone to third grade style of dick waving.

My five year old loves fantasy play too.

Being new here, now I know. Thanks for the tip👍