Thumbs up Props to Blackburn's customer service

So five years ago or so, I bought a Blackburn Trakpump Max TP-3 from Campmor. It was a great deal. I think that the pump retailed for $50ish, and it was on sale for less than $20, IIRC.

Early this year, one of my dogs chewed the pump head to bits.

A few weeks ago, I was cleaning out the garage, and almost put the pump in the garbage pile, but figured I should check the warranty information on Blackburn's website. Turns out they had a lifetime warranty. The following email exchange ensued:

Quote Originally Posted by alpinedad, 7/30/06
    My dog chewed up the valve assembly of my Trakpump Max TP-3, but the rest of the pump appears serviceable.

How can I get a replacement valve assembly?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber in BellSports customer service, 8/4/06
    Hi [alpinedad],

Thank you, for your email. Does the pump head look like a t or an upside down l? where are you located?

Thank you,
    Amber
    CustServ
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinedad, 8/4/06
    The head looks more like a T -- there's a Presta on one side of the top of the "T" and a Schrader on the other, and the body of the "T" has a rotating thing that points towards one or the other.

My address is:
    [alpinedad]
    [casa de alpinedad]
    Redwood City, CA 94062

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber in BellSports customer service, 8/4/06
    Hi [alpinedad],

We are sending out the replacement head. You should see it within a couple of weeks.

Thank you,
    Amber
    CustServ
    While I was on vacation last week, a complete retail package arrived, Priority Mail, with a $0 invoice and packing slip. No documentation of the purchase, no nothing.

Major props for treating the customer right.

Blackburn customer service is AWESOME! The schrader valve side on my at least five year old air tower 2 pump no longer functions correctly. I called customer service and they are sending me a new pumphead!

Now that is a lifetime warranty.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB