Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Movies arrived, movies watched. The result? Great Big Smiles
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

We've only watched 1999 so far, but the kids' favorite sequence is Bunny, followed by the Palo Alto Kids.

Bump

I thought the home-movie feel was cool. As though they're skiing because it's fun, not a job.

stoke on film

thank you scott for re-releasing the greatest stoke footage ever! watching 1999 for the first time in 4/5 years (since my VHS collasped) was absolutely incredible... sent tingles down my spine.

Finally finished watching Walls tonight, after my laptop battery crapped out on the flight back from Dallas last week.

Wow.

Those hop turns really took me back.

Excellent stuff.

bizzump for good stuff, cheap.

bunny gaffney

does anyone know how bunny is doing these days. she is a true inspiration that age knows no limits. if anyone should see her please tell her this ole mag is really impressed and wishes her well.

One Week Turnaround!

Thanks, Scott. Watched "1999", some of "Walls...", and "Immersion" is on the queue. Good action, light on the narration(unlike W@rr#n M*ll@r"). Great deal.
    "this thread is an odd combo of win and fail." -Danno

bump for the question, can we just send you cash?
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Bump since I finally sent the check and received the movies today, and also got to meet huck for about 10 seconds at the Push show in SF yesterday.
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

huck...ass sent me the DVD a few weeks back, and i keep forgetting to post up about it.

it's been years since i'd seen '1999', and the night i got i decided to drop it in. i was a little worried that it wouldn't hold up -- that my memory of it would have softened the rough edges.

*i was wrong!*

this is definitely one of the best/funniest ski movies ever made, in my opinion. it features amazing skiing and just has the attitude that life -- and skiing -- aren't all that serious. my wife, who has a realistic attitude and thinks that most ski movies blow (well, they're just kinda boring), was totally entertained.

i especially love the intro (seemed timely w/ the powmag article) & "bunny's" segment.

i'm sure that my own memories of squaw and "being there" make it a bit easier to relate to the film, but i still think this is definitely in my short list of best ski movies (top 3, for sure).

if you haven't jumped on this deal yet, send in your check! '1999' is worth the price of admission; 'walls' is a bonus.

thanks, huck, for going through all the trouble to make the DVDs and bring this back to life.

seriously, a bunch of friends and I here at UVM just watched walls and 1999, and by the time we were finished it was practically a whiteout here in burlington. By morning, the top of stowe had more than a foot. I think your ski movie may have brought the snow back to the east coast, so thanks.....and all the people who wondered how the california kid wasn't afraid of anything at stowe now understand why I ski like I do since they saw where I grew up skiing, and they all want to go to squaw now.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Hey, thanks guys. Hadn't seen this thread in a while. Again, I appreciate everyone supporting the cause. But if you keep talking these flicks up so much, people are bound to get real disappointed at some point. I like hearing it, though...
    or don't

Huck-For the love of God, please set up a paypal account. It'll definitely be worth the couple of minutes it takes, and I'll instantly put money in it.
    I'm too lazy to write down your address, go get a money order, (I don't use checks) buy a stamped envelope from the post office and mail it. I'd bet you sell several movies right away if you did that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    Huck-For the love of God, please set up a paypal account. It'll definitely be worth the couple of minutes it takes, and I'll instantly put money in it.
    I'm too lazy to write down your address, go get a money order, (I don't use checks) buy a stamped envelope from the post office and mail it. I'd bet you sell several movies right away if you did that.

add it would sure make paying you a lot easier for us Canucks.
    Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy

So, now that it's ski season, and t'is the season for giving, any takers?
    or don't

Quote Originally Posted by huckasoreass View Post
    So, now that it's ski season, and t'is the season for giving, any takers?
    Missed this the first time around.

Order on the way mang!
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by huckasoreass View Post
    t'is the season for giving, any takers?
    I'm always a taker during the season for giving. But that's just how I roll.

My kids got a massive kick out of showing the extended family the Bunny sequence in 1999.
    not counting days 2016-17

i missed it as well. consider my anticipation mounting as your check is now in the mail. grazie in advance.

As did I. Check sent out today.

Thanks Huck!

Thanks guys. Your special prize is 8-10" new. Bizzump.
    or don't

check in da mail!

^Bump fer Mr. Gaffney^

I finally got around to sending in my check. That is all...
    Fighting foot fungus one public bath house at a time!

My site

Totally enjoyed 1999. Brought back lots of memories from Squaw in 1989! Your Mom rocked/s like no other! I'm so blown away and inspired... promise to never whine about being (almost) fifty! Great films!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Hello all,
    Was wondering if this offer still stands? Anyone know?