Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Job Rant Thread

Job Rant Thread

I fucking hate building departments

I fucking hate Project Mangers that don't know how fucking buildings go together.

I fucking hate Consultants that say they are going to get shit to me at a certain time and then don't do it.

I fucking hate Contractors that keep bugging me about the same shit I've already explained to them.

I fucking hate sitting in this office right now.

So what do you "fucking hate" ?
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

I was going to ask for a raise on Tuesday.

Today, I received a memo stating that the department is already 60K over budget.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

Repeat after me....

all together now...

I love my job.
    I love my job. I love my job.
    I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.
    I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

I hate the call that comes 5 minutes before I'm off and takes 2 hours to solve.

I hate telco lineman who fuck up my wiring because they don't know what it is for!

I hate the demanding fuckers who call at 5AM and don't understand why I am grouchy.
    Last edited by Summit; 08-11-2006 at 12:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I HATE people who constantly come into my cube to interrupt me!!!

Sprite <--will surely make national headlines for her response to one such idiot some day
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

I hate work period. I just want to ski.

Edit to add, I hate most of my co-workers too. Who knew people could be so, fat, smelly, ugly, rude, power hungry, bossy, loud, obnoxious, know it all's. AND they live in a ski state near ski resorts and don't ski, and bitch about how much they hate the snow.

What is this world coming to?
    Last edited by bumpskier; 08-11-2006 at 12:02 PM.
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

I hate not having any leads in a slowing housing market... Oh yeah, 100% commission sucks too.
    Kansas - First Of The Rectangle States

I hate the fact that I really like everything about my job except the fact that I get paid absolutely shit. I could be making twice as much anywhere else.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

I hate cocksucking, greedy, ranting, unappreciative independent financial professionals who are never satisfied with the work you do for them.

I hate bureaucratic insurance companies who don't understand how business works.

I hate micromanaging, bitchy, uneducated bosses who tell you what to do even though they don't understand the first thing about how to do your job.

I hate cocksucking, greedy, ranting, unappreciative independent financial professionals who extort older folks on false promises.

I hate this industry.

I love that I have two weeks left.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

I hate whiney fucking engineers who don't know shit about how things go together in the real world

I hate even more those whiney pussbags known as architects who know even less about how things in the real world are constructed

I especially hate whiney cube jockies who zip over to the site in their little rice grinding POS to yell at me when it is their stupid fucking drawing that won't work in...yep you guessed it: THE REAL WORLD!

Hey HEY! <---- note those smilies motherforker!

in reality, what I hate is my computer that has crashed four times today.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy
    I hate whiney fucking engineers who don't know shit about how things go together in the real world

I hate even more those whiney pussbags known as architects who know even less about how things in the real world are constructed

I especially hate whiney cube jockies who zip over to the site in their little rice grinding POS to yell at me when it is their stupid fucking drawing that won't work in...yep you guessed it: THE REAL WORLD!
    That sums it up pretty well.

But I will add, having to deal with 15 different public departments each with their own conflicting agenda, who won't budge on little shit so you can get the building done.

Talking

Yeah, I fucking hate being so much better than everyone else.

It hasn't happened today, but I hate the ASAP attitude.

A customer might ask me to provide him with some sort of answer, I ask this question: "Realistically, mr. customer, when do you need this done by"? Mr. Customer answers: "ASAP" every fuckin time. GIVE ME A FRICKIN TIME.

Rant #2: Product lead time bitching. Things are NEVER done quick enough in the construction industry. Here's a fuckin hint; START EARLIER for fuck sakes.

People who don't get that shit changes in business.
    Elvis has left the building

I fucking hate that they make me come here every day!

I fucking hate pushing paper around that never accomplishes anything.

I don't want to draft your fucking proposed order.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember
    Oh, I get that part and have no problem with it. It's the guy who needs to change something but tries to scam it out of me by telling me that it was part of the original scope so there's no money or time allowed for us to accomodate the change. On small stuff, no big deal. But when it's a building height, load changes, things like that, it pisses me off. Often times their response is, "You should have known." Exactly how we would know some of this stuff is beyond me but that's the attitude. Well, if I should've known, they should have too and should have taken the time to let us in on their little secret. It all tends to break down to a construction-karate match.
    that was only partly aimed at the above rants - the shit you mentioned I deal with and it pisses me off.

Mines more: We've a new "Quality Assurance Manager" who started last Monday who's ranting about planning, saying no to shortened lead times, blah blah blah. Typical QA dipshit stuff. We're a small company in an industry dominated by big overseas firms. Our only advantages are speed and flexibility fucktard! We say no, we go under. Your job is to help us keep those and produce a better product!
    Elvis has left the building

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember
    "You should have known."
    You ever get the bullshit response of "well, that's means and methods?" It's even worse when trying to clear up contradicting spec's.

Email! I fucking hate email!

That is all, thank you.

I don't hate getting free food at work and 50% off food when not working

I don't hate 4 10hr shifts a week

I don't hate serving hot guys every second customer

I hate drunk customers that don't tip
    Believe.

Fuck this fucking job.

That is all.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I hate when the engineering admin locks the employee entrance 2 minutes before I get there so I have to go around to the front entrance because they are too cheap to buy card reader ID's.

I hate that the old bastard working next to me can't hear the high pitched whine from his amplifier because his ears don't work that good anymore.

I hate when he uses the fucking Disney cd to test (ok the jungle book and lion king stuff is OK but the pinocchio song and "Its a small world" blow). And enough with the William Tell Overture also, find something else with a lot of notes in it.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy

Yeah, I hate those fuckers too!

But you see, I am the Construction Manager in this architecture firm that actually knows how shit gets built in the real world, so I have to sit here and fix all the mistakes that the Construction Document team made because they don't understand detailing or how shit actually gets built.

I am definetly not one of those guys who yells at the guys in the field because you can learn alot from those guys and how shit gets done. Plus, I know our drawing is fucked anyway.

And yes LB, your smilies are noted!
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

I hate co-workers who always have lame-ass excuses for why they can't get their shit done right or on time.

I fucking hate it when I held the position they are currently in for four years and know they are fucking lying to cover their laziness!

A few of them probably fucking hate me for calling them on their bullshit.

I hate pond scum who can't turn my drawings into reality, and then I have to go to the job site and scream at them.

I'm in no way a racist or a bigot. I hate everyone equally. However, I fucking hate how Europeans, Asians, Mormons, and most youth groups don't fucking tip. Fuck you, tipping may not be the norm where you're from, but you're not there anymore. You're here. Here, we tip people when they spend eight fucking hours babysitting us and making sure that we don't die while we're rappelling off a fucking giant arch. I think we should change the custom and make it so people tip right at the beginning (this goes for restaurants/cabs/etc. as well). That way a shitty tip equals shitty service. A good tip gets you some extra service. Everythings in the open and everyone knows what to expect. Oh well, at least I don't work in a fucking cube. I hate those even more.