Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I bought a chairlift...

No, dammit, not the whole thing. I bought one of the chairs from the fabled and storied Harry's Dream lift from Beaver Mountain. So many good memories riding in those chairs, I had to get one.

The question is, what the fuck do I do with it? Make a swing? A lawn or deck bench? Buy a diesel generator and create some sort of crazy one chair lift up Logan Peak? Paint it Bro Model Blue with planes and PMGEAR logo?

I need ideas. Schematics.Designs. Plans. What should I do with it?
    Last edited by Twoplanker; 08-09-2006 at 06:46 PM.

Folks round these parts use'em to run cableways accross the truckee so's when she floods theys can git tuh the walmart in reeeno.

Wish I had a mountain made of beaver.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Hang it on your front porch.

maybe hang it from your ceiling and replace your desk chair?

Me being a super-genious engineer, I decided to draw you up some plans really quick. If there is anything that's over your head, let me know, and I can try again in a more Layman's type way.

Have you hit it with a sledgehammer and put it out of its' misery yet?

Does it have boobs? If so, are they fake or real?

Can you fit a cube of beer on the seat?

Will it fit in the kitchen as a bacon holder?

Does it have an annoying alias?

Do you need a smart or dumb pig to clean it out?

Will its' wife take nekkid pic with skis and post them?

Does it dream about splat?

Can AKPM take blurry shots of it?

Will it own a season pass that will degrade the mountain experience?

What color is it?

I say you show up at random resorts with the chair and ask them for a 'Bring Your Own' discount.

Hey twoplanker, does Beaver have any more of these gems for sale? I have been looking for one for quite some time.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

maybe make a bench or a swing out of it
    that would look really cool in a chalet

deck bench

Quote Originally Posted by teleee
    Hey twoplanker, does Beaver have any more of these gems for sale? I have been looking for one for quite some time.
    They have a few, but the pickings are slim.

Nice, check your PM's, thanks.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by truth
    One day I will be able to talk the wife into this. On that day she'll fucking swallow too.

bought a couple myself twoplanker, They are ten feet tall so it looks like I am going to have to trim some off the top to make my porch spring. I will post some pics when done. Sounds like they sold quite a few of those things.
    "dad, do Unicorns poop."

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    One day I will be able to talk the wife into this. On that day she'll fucking swallow too.
    Yeah, what is it with marraige and the inability to swallow? It seems like almost all of the good girlfriends either didn't mind, or even really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoplanker
    No, dammit, not the whole thing.
    Well, you could have got "almost" a whole thing...a few years ago anyway!

The remains of the Germania lift litter the Albion Base Parking Lot, Alta UT, September 6th, 2004:

-Astro

Oh, BTW... they are also selling the chairs from the Germania lift too. That's the lift they're installing at Beaver and they have a few extras.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoplanker
    $$$?

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget
    $$$?

Buck for the Germ chairs, buck-fifty for Harry's Dream chairs. The Germ chairs are pretty banged up, but some are good. Looks like maybe they have a dozen or so left.

Interested too...drop me a PM or post here 2P eh?

edit: ya beat me to it. I'll have to call the Beav tomorrow...

There are a couple of houses near me that have old chairs mounted as benches by their front doors. I'll try and grab a couple shots for ya tomorrow to see how they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterski
    bought a couple myself twoplanker, They are ten feet tall so it looks like I am going to have to trim some off the top to make my porch spring. I will post some pics when done. Sounds like they sold quite a few of those things.
    Yeah, the hanger arm is huuuge. I'm thinking about not messing with hanging it and making a bench. Be sure and let me know how you hang yours.

We bought one from Eldora and stuck it in the garden. We now have plants growing all over it. Looks pretty cool. We put some perrenial vine type plant on there that is taking off, so in a year or two it should be all covered in vines.

I wish we had the space and structure to build a swing chair with one.

Quote Originally Posted by truth
    I know it's not necessarily feasible, but I highly recommend this. A local bar has an old chair on their front porch and I've never had more fun waiting for a cab to take my drunk ass home.

Really, it's the perfect place to sit on a nice night with a Maker's in your hand. And preferably a nice lady in the other.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Ski Monkey
    There are a couple of houses near me that have old chairs mounted as benches by their front doors. I'll try and grab a couple shots for ya tomorrow to see how they did it.
    I'd sure appreciate the photos. I have two chairs (got one from a buddy and the other one from The Canyons as a going away gift - one of the triple chairs from Lookout. I'm holding out for an old double on Golden Eagle lift)

Any other plans or schematics would be appreciated. On the other hand, if I end up building a backyard mounting system for the chair so it will swing I'll be sure to post it here for others to follow suit.
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by powstash
    I'd sure appreciate the photos. I have two chairs (got one from a buddy and the other one from The Canyons as a going away gift - one of the triple chairs from Lookout. I'm holding out for an old double on Golden Eagle lift)

Any other plans or schematics would be appreciated. On the other hand, if I end up building a backyard mounting system for the chair so it will swing I'll be sure to post it here for others to follow suit.
    Sweet. I'd love to see some plans. Here's my chair, without the hanger: