Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: FUCK YOU BP

Boogey, Boogey Boogeyman bitches!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Bring on hurricane season in the Gulf of Mexico! Those offshore pumps don't do so well in all that wind, neither do the refineries and processing plants in Texas, Louisiana, etc.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser
    In the technical sense, no. Mainly because of OPEC's ability to collude and drive market prices as they see fit with little or any oversight.

Opec has no interest in driving oil prices much higher or even this high for that matter. If that so called tipping point is reached and demand starts to fall OPEC is out of business because they will have to compete with non-opec producers like Mexico and Russia. Opec wants steady prices and demand so they can continue to develop a non-oil based economy. Look at Dubai. They are investing very heavily Western style infrastructure and tourism to counter the inevitable end to an oil based economy.

Check it out and that's a very small part of their development:

In my view if there is any collusion is among the US refiners. Why is all gas priced the same? The oil companiies have long term fixed prices for oil. They sell gasoline based on last gallon sold pricing which explains the skyrocketing profits. OPEC oil is sold at fixed prices on long term contracts..

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy
    Did anybody mention Bush's best friend is the grandson of the founder of Exxon? Google "William Farish". He just retired from the ambassadorship to England last July, and there is a serious connection to the Bush fam. Gave em their dog, x-mas dinner the last 30 odd years, etc. Coincidence oil is going through the roof? Probably.
    Are you implying Bush has ties to the oil industry?
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este
    Fug you BP, nexttime dont fix it until it breaks!
    Uhh maybe you haven't been getting the right news but the reason they are shutting it down is because it is broke and has already leaked a couple of times.
    http://www.adn.com/money/industries/...-7948041c.html
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Sarcaism, Ak Pogue, sarcasim. Just like the horse and carriage i am buying.

edit:shit that was a thousand posts. Things are going to start happening to me now!
    Last edited by Cono Este; 08-08-2006 at 04:37 PM.

Oh my bad! Hard to get on the internet sometimes!
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Things are going to start happening to me now!
    Another thousand and you'll be a liberal
    Elvis has left the building

edit:shit that was a thousand posts. Things are going to start happening to me now!
    I'm just here to say: Wow! You wasted your 1,000th post on that?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankZappa
    I'm just here to say: Wow! You wasted your 1,000th post on that?
    Your right. I didn't see it comming, I am too fuggin mad these days.

CJ, call me whatever you want come 2000, just so long as the same old jibber jabber is not in the news everyday, and I am living the dream again.

Drop and give us twenty.

or...

take the mad edge off & give us one decent one in X's the turn thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic
    Opec has no interest in driving oil prices much higher or even this high for that matter.
    No but they drive the market as they see fit. The direction they drive it wasn't the point. I should have made that a little clearer, sorry.

just saw "Who Killed the Electric Car" last week: great documentary - go check it out @ our local indi cinema.

I had totally forgotten that Saturn had put out that electric car about 10 years ago, there was sizeable demand, as it was a nice looking car + had some real get up and go, the technology 10 years ago was good enough to start moving to these electric cars vs the combustion engine platform.

But that didn't happen (gee, wonder why) - this is for those that get critical of anyone that thinks that big oil, Detroit and the US Gov might collude to drive profits based on antiquated technologies....

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB
    Are you implying Bush has ties to the oil industry?
    All I'm saying is Bush probably has a thing for hummers...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by freshies
    just saw "Who Killed the Electric Car" last week: great documentary - go check it out @ our local indi cinema.

I had totally forgotten that Saturn had put out that electric car about 10 years ago, there was sizeable demand, as it was a nice looking car + had some real get up and go, the technology 10 years ago was good enough to start moving to these electric cars vs the combustion engine platform.

But that didn't happen (gee, wonder why) - this is for those that get critical of anyone that thinks that big oil, Detroit and the US Gov might collude to drive profits based on antiquated technologies....
    Most are still around at a not-so-secret Arizona desert location. I've been there several times. Just rotting away in the sun.

AKA is offline These meaasge boards suck
    Quote Originally Posted by freshies

the funny thing about electric cars is that they run on electricity which is produced, mostly, by burning fossil fuels.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA
    the funny thing about electric cars is that they run on electricity which is produced, mostly, by burning fossil fuels.
    Sshhhhhhh......That's a SECRET! Kind of like how some large solar arrays require pretty much similar energy to be manufactured as they will be able to provide during their service cycle...
    Last edited by P_McPoser; 08-08-2006 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKA
    Better yet, many of the major cities that would benefit the most from electric cars also suffer from brown-outs due to excessive electricity use. Great...now I have to plug in my car and hope that it's charged in the morning...hope there was no power outage overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbakerskier
    Hasnt anyone heard of preventive maintance in this country?
    Maybe you'd like to explain how you perform maintenance on an oil transport line without shutting it down. It's clear that you have a fool-proof plan for this...so let's hear it. Maybe you'd like them to weld on a line full of oil and/or gasoline?
    [This Space For Rent]

It's all Bad Roo's fault. They are his peeps...............Oh, BP stands for Butt Plug

Everybody bend over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Signature removed for non-payment

Quote Originally Posted by SkiingBear
    Maybe you'd like to explain how you perform maintenance on an oil transport line without shutting it down. It's clear that you have a fool-proof plan for this...so let's hear it. Maybe you'd like them to weld on a line full of oil and/or gasoline?

Had to chime up hear man. They (are supposed to) use a device called a pipeline "pig", during production, to check integrity and perform some corrosion control. http://www.ppsa-online.com/about-pigs.php
    Last edited by johnnya; 08-08-2006 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnya
    .. pipeline "pig", during production, to check integrity and perform some corrosion control. http://www.ppsa-online.com/about-pigs.php
    you pig to push out the crap in the line which has increased the pressure drop in the line. Now there are intellient pigs that can UT the line to determine thickness and take a look at the inside of the lines. Sometimes gathering lines aren't set up for pigging.

What is the production drop due to the line shut down? I thought it was only 400,000 BPD of crude. Why should this make a difference. Thats nothing in gobal terms. If it was refinery production which is in short supply I could see it making a difference.

I'm working on a project that will produce 200,000BPD of crude... but not till 2010.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

mtbakerskier is hereby completely revoked of his rights to complain until he stops driving an SUV, regardless of whether his dad gave it to him or not.

The first step is with you, and right now, you're not much better than the Earth First fucks who drive an internal combustion vehicle to burn down a car-lot of Hummers in a gas-consumption protest.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser
    I could write pages, but a simple answer is sufficient.

Supply and Demand drive a psuedo-capitlist country's economy. It is the basis for all trade and markets.
    It's great business when in the shadows of record profits your neglect and lack of reinvestment in the industry's infrastructure lead to controlling the supply and the escalation of the price of your product.

BRILLIANT!

I may have just gotten laid off because of this BP thing. I work in that oil field. I wont know for a few more weeks, but rumors are starting to fly regardless

Quote Originally Posted by johnnya
    Had to chime up hear man. They (are supposed to) use a device called a pipeline "pig", during production, to check integrity and perform some corrosion control. http://www.ppsa-online.com/about-pigs.php
    Thats the thing is that they have known for years that the pipeline was corroding. They have also had access to the "pig" for years and government inspectors have been filing reports saying that the pipeline is corroding. They just now- at the height of driving season and two wars in the mideast chose to run the pig and declare that the pipeline is corroding.

They know what they are doing.