Can you embed YouTube videos in a thread?

I wanted to see if we could embed youtube videos in a thread. I've seen this on blogs, and I know how to embed a picture/image in a thread, but can't figure out how to get the youtube stuff to show up, showing a static image of the video with the little play button in the middle of it, then allowing it to play w/in the thread window.

Here's some example code I copied from the Gizmodo blog that I thought might do it, but no luck.

<center><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dj0E02NVGF8"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dj0E02NVGF8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></center>

It can be done using vBulletin, but it is an option that has to be installed.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=106239

Could be useful, though I find the ones that autoplay annoying.

Hmmm. I wasn't thinking of making it autoplay, just have the play button in the middle of the screen - that's the way I've seen it. Thanks for the answer.

Here's a hilarious video if you like those things:
    http://www.sugarjar.com/media/49236/

Squatch Guest
    you need to turn html on (see the box on the left at the bottom of the page)

edit: i just realized all the horrible abuses that could happen with html on. think banner ads in posts, autoplay youtube adds, etc. basically this site would need some serious moderation. right now it works unmoderated because there's not much you can do...use really big fonts, attach hideously inappropriate pictures, but that's it. It's not really a viable way to advertise or to spam...but it could be with html.
    Last edited by Squatch; 08-04-2006 at 07:41 PM.

my html is currently off. How do I turn it on. Is this a product of using Firefox as a browser?

Quote Originally Posted by dn4989 View Post
    my html is currently off. How do I turn it on. Is this a product of using Firefox as a browser?
    It doesn't matter what your browser does, because HTML is turned off in the forums.

However, a few months ago, I added a bbcode to make YouTube embeds work.

Format is: [youtube]video id[/youtube]

Example:

To embed the YouTube video with URL "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_gINbnnxls", you'd put [youtube]b_gINbnnxls[/youtube] into your post.

Thanks Suit
    Bump for jongs like me
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Smokey McPole Guest
    Yeah - just do it like Suit says. If I can do it, any gay retard should be able to:

tank ya bump
    Don't take any guff from these swine.

BUMP... is there a way to embed youtube vids and also cue them to a specific section in the video? You can do this on the actual link by adding =5m40s for example (which would start the video at 5:40 if you paste it into your browser).

Adding that to the fragment of the link that the Suit explained does not work (it shows the video image, but comes up as an error when you click it).

well that works. meaning any fuckwit can do it.
    life in the real world does'nt work...back to the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by arewolfe View Post
    BUMP... is there a way to embed youtube vids and also cue them to a specific section in the video?
    PM Advres/SOB

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Is it just me or has the embed feature been missing for the past few days?
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Is it just me or has the embed feature been missing for the past few days?
    not just you, but is being worked on by the webgurus.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    However, a few months ago, I added a bbcode to make YouTube embeds work.

Format is: [youtube]video id[/youtube]

Example:

To embed the YouTube video with URL "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_gINbnnxls", you'd put [youtube]b_gINbnnxls[/youtube] into your post.
    FYI - this still works.

<div doesnt work for example to embed videos from Zapiks.Fr ?

I am unable to find a work-around...any help ?

That's because the form is set up not to give a shit about you whining french pussies. We all chipped in and paid a bit extra for that feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Thanks for your cool and polite answer