Please critique my website and all your wildest dreams will come true

Hey folks, Sportzshot's new website is up and running. I would like to know what everyone likes, dislikes, and how user-friendly it is. I'm really serious, this isn't just a cheap ploy at spamming... I have another thread for that.

Please let me know what you think... especially any problems or errors you might encounter. I'm really interested in knowing if you run into any errors with the drop-down menu system and the way the picture links open up(the technology is dubbed "thickbox").

I already know the links to the shopping cart aren't working (the store is still under construction) but everything else should be up 100%

In your reply's please let me know what browser you are using... very important. Your help is greatly appreciated and for you cooperation every attempt will be made to make all your wildest dreams come true... eventually and within a 66.6666% degree of accuracy and we are not responsible if you should accidentally get someone elses gender specific wildest dream.

http://www.sportzshot.com

Thanks all

Just a little thing - maybe I'm just blind. It'd be nice to have some samples vids up...

edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

Yes, a video page will most definitely be added as soon as possible. I felt the videos from my old site needed to be re-edited and updated to compliment the the new site. Plus I need a video guy. I have tons of footage.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    At the top of the page the white lettering on top of the dotted light grey background sort of gets lost.
    Other than that, it looks good and seems to load quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
    Plus I need a video guy. I have tons of footage.

Interested in trading a cam for some editing? I might know a guy....
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

Quote Originally Posted by bcrider
    Interested in trading a cam for some editing? I might know a guy....
    yes... does this guy have a sample of his work?

Just looking at a few pages, there are some spelling mistakes ("away" for "a way", and stuff like that). Also... there is an overreliance on... the ellipsis...

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMan
    yes... does this guy have a sample of his work?
    I'll upload a couple for ya.
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas
    Just looking at a few pages, there are some spelling mistakes ("away" for "a way", and stuff like that). Also... there is an overreliance on... the ellipsis...
    If I understand you and the word ellipsis correctly (I had to look it up)... the reason for that is purely for the search engines. It's important to have a good balance of keywords in the contents.

But a person who uses such big words probably already knows that. If that's not what you're talking about please simplify cause I'm Utarded.

Bcrider... yes, lets see what you got. Do you need a server to upload to?

Nice site MonkeyMan.I do agree with Vets though that you should go darker on top.Looks like a winner to me but I`m Utarded also.

How the hell are you gonna explain the naked twins in my bed to my wife? HUH?

Quote Originally Posted by edg
    Just a little thing - maybe I'm just blind. It'd be nice to have some samples vids up...

edg
    First thing that crossed my mind. If you rotated the images with links on the home page between different sports with a "Click here for MTB/Skiing/Whatever Footage" that would be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    First thing that crossed my mind. If you rotated the images with links on the home page between different sports with a "Click here for MTB/Skiing/Whatever Footage" that would be a bonus.
    ha ha... that's funny you mentioned that. That's pretty much what we want to do. I just wanted to get the site up as soon as possible looking presentable and then start adding "bonus" features. I was planning on rotating the pics in the right side panel and also add some type of video feature there as well. Wasn't exactly sure how it was going to be laid out but your suggestion is definitely the easiest, slickest, and probably the most attractive way to do it. Thanks for the feedback.

Tippster - just tell her it's a package deal and you're willing to share.

Good site, easy to navigate, cool pics and nice quickview on you items.
    Have fun or get hurt bad. "MFT" A.K.A. Dr. Doom

There are but three true sports--bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. "Ernest Hemingway"

very nice, i like the clean look and everything loads up fast.

A couple little things I saw:

http://www.sportzshot.com/compare.php - Seeing as everything but the helmet cam and the price are the same, isnt the comparison kinda irrelevent? Its a good way to show what is included in each package, but maybe a "included in each package is..." and pictures of each item? Also on the same page you have capitals on the chart titles towards the top, but they go lowercase towards the bottom (on the left margin of the chart).

Some of the descriptions at the top of the pages (first paragraph below the title) drag on a little and repeat itself ie. http://www.sportzshot.com/contact.php and on the compare chart page.
    Last edited by taynton; 07-10-2006 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    Splat offering advice on updating the website.....*snicker*
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Thanks for all the positive reviews everyone.

Taynton - yes the compare packages page is quite redundant right now but the plan is to have another 5 or so different models available. It has been noted.

Thanks for pointing out the other mistakes and the repeated statement on the contact page. Ya that's quite redundant.

It's good to hear it's loading quick for everyone... a certain code monkey will be glad to hear that.