sgt hartman has some words for you maggots

imo, perhaps the most underappreciated movie in the last 20 years...sgt hartman's role in the first half makes every previous attempt at capturing a drill instructor his bitch...and matthew modine does the same in vietnam

plus...the sarge could not be any fucking funnier

:lol

the introduction...absolutely brillant scene

http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/so...instructor.wav

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: I am Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be sir. Do you maggots understand that?
    Recruits: Sir, yes sir!
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Bullshit I can't hear you. Sound off like you got a pair.
    Recruits: SIR, YES SIR!
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human fucking beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian shit. Because I am hard you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on ******s, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Corps. Do you maggots understand that?
    Recruits: Sir, yes sir!
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Bullshit I can't hear you.
    Recruits: SIR, YES SIR!

i will teach you private joker

http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/so...t/teachyou.wav

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: [after hitting Private Joker] You little scumbag. I got your name, I got your ass. You will not laugh, you will not cry, you will learn by the numbers I will teach you. Now get up, get on your feet. You had best un-fuck yourself or I will unscrew your head and shit down your neck.

just quit pyle!!

http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/so...acket/quit.wav

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy fucking walrus-looking piece of shit. Get the fuck off of my obstacle. Get the fuck down off of my obstacle. Now. Move it. I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world. I will motivate you, Private Pyle, if it short-dicks every cannibal on the Congo.

the virgin mary

http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/so...acket/dump.wav

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: When you two pukes are done here, I want you to clean the head.
    Joker and Cowboy: Sir, yes, sir.
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: I want that head so sanitary and squared away that the Virgin Mary herself would be proud to go in and take a dump.

and finally a grossly underappreciated scene...joker's exchange with the colonel about the duality of man

http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/so...alityofman.wav

Colonel: Marine, what is that button on your body armour?
    Joker: A peace symbol, sir.
    Colonel: Where'd you get it?
    Joker: I don't remember, sir.
    Colonel: What is that you've got written on your helmet?
    Joker: "Born to Kill", sir.
    Colonel: You write "Born to Kill" on you helmet, and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
    Joker: No, sir.
    Colonel: Well what is it supposed to mean?
    Joker: I don't know, sir.
    Colonel: You don't know very much do you?
    Joker: No, sir.
    Colonel: You better get your head and your ass wired together or I will take a giant shit on you.
    Joker: Yes, sir.
    Colonel: Now answer my question, or you'll be standing tall before The Man.
    Joker: I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man sir.
    Colonel: The what?
    Joker: The duality of man, the Jungian thing, sir.
    Colonel: Who's side are you on, son?
    Joker: Our side, sir.
    Colonel: Don't you love your country?
    Colonel: Well how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and c'mon in for the big win?
    Colonel: Son, all I've ever asked of my Marines is for them to obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese because inside every ****, there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've got to try to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.
    Joker: Aye aye, sir.

"how tall are you private?"
    "Five foot nine sir."
    "five foot nine!? i didn't know they stacked shit that high!"

what a classic movie

awesome!

http://www.moviesoundscentral.com/so...ket/cowboy.wav

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: How tall are you private?
    Cowboy: Sir, five foot nine, sir!
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Five foot nine? I didn't know they stacked shit that high! You tryin' to squeeze an inch in on me somewhere, huh?
    Cowboy: Sir, no sir!
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Bullshit. It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your momma's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress! I think you been cheated! Where in the hell are you from anyway, private?
    Cowboy: Sir, Texas, sir!
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Holy dog shit! Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Are you a peter puffer?
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: I'll bet you're the kinda guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around. I'll be watching you.

fun soundboard here
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

I don't know, but I've been told.
    Eskimo pussy is mighty cold!
    Mmm, good!
    Feels good!
    Is good!
    Real good!
    Tastes good!
    Mighty good!
    Good for you!
    Good for me!

I admire your honesty. Hell, I like you, you can come over to my house and fuck my sister.

A JELLY DOUGHNUT!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

"you're going to be dissappointed to find that they don't serve fried chicken and watermelon on a daily basis in my mess hall"

Following my graduation from Basic Training, we watched that video on the VCR inside the bus, taking us to Technical School up in Wichita Falls, TX (Basic was in San Antonio, so we had some time to kill). It was amazing how vivid and realistic those scenes from FMJ were, considering I'd just come from that environment! One of my most memorable experiences!

You know, half these whores are VC! And the other half have TB. Make sure you only fuck the ones who cough.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

Quote Originally Posted by wookalar
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy fucking walrus-looking piece of shit. Get the fuck off of my obstacle. Get the fuck down off of my obstacle. Now. Move it. I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world. I will motivate you, Private Pyle, if it short-dicks every cannibal on the Congo.
    Heh. I used this exact quote on my final paper in my communications class in college. Most fun I've ever had writing a paper.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

WOOKLAR, GADDAMMIT SON YOU HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 3 YEARS NOW.
    YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE REALIZED WE HAVE AN ENTIRE FORUM FOR POSTING ABOUT MOVIES.
    DO YOU THINK YOU ARE SPECIAL?
    DO YOU THINK YOU GET TO MAKE YOUR OWN RULES?
    YOU HAD BETTER STRAIGHTEN UP AND FLY RIGHT OR WE WILL BANISH YOU TO EPICSKI WHERE YOU CAN TALK ABOUT YOUR FORM AND YOUR CONDO IN VAIL.
    NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20.
    Last edited by Woodsy; 06-19-2006 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy
    NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20.
    Neidermeyer...dead!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy
    NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20.
    Recently for work I was at an Army airfield, loading a Chinook helicopter for transportation halfway accross the world. If anyone's ever seen a Chinook, they're HUGE!!! Anyway once we arrived there, this Sergeant First Class came up and briefed us on the operation. Usually it's the other way around - we brief them on how we want it done, since it's our airplane their cargo is going into, and we'd rather not have our airplane damaged since it's our responsibility and also it is our ride out of there. But anyway he was the team leader for the Army loading team, and he was definitely a Type A, rottweiler personality they Army so loves in their SNCOs. Since his team was definitely going to be following HIS lead for the operation, not some dumbass Air Force loadmaster puke's, and the fact that he'd done this a couple times in his life, the other load and I said "fuck it, you've got the lead, we'll stop you if we see anything wrong/unsafe."

Anyway the helo was going in just fine, and the SFC came around to the back, and all I heard was "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!!!?" then a whole bunch of screaming and shouting at this one younger guy, who'd just been standing there w/ his hands in his pockets, then I definitely heard him say "GET ON YOUR FACE! GET ON YOUR FUCKING FACE!!!", and he starts PTing the shit out of this kid right there on the flight line, simultaneously directing the onload of this HUGE helicopter. It was unreal!!!

That SFC was a badass mutherfucker, a modern embodiment of the spirit of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.

And that proved, once again, I'm glad I'm not in the Army.
    Last edited by Jumper Bones; 06-19-2006 at 02:19 PM.

"Why should we do a story about you?"

"Cause I'm so fuckin' good! That ain't no shit, neither. I've done got me one hundred fifty-seven dead gooks killed. And fifty water buffalo, too. Them're all certified."

"Ever any women? Or children?"

"Sometimes."

"How can you shoot women and children?"

"Easy! You just don't lead 'em as much."
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by wookalar
    imo, perhaps the most underappreciated movie in the last 20 years.
    Let's see, on imdb it gets 8.2 on a scale where Pulp Fiction gets 8.7 and it's rated in the top 100 films of all-time.

Peple who know anything about film appreciate it plenty. Your average run-of-the-mill american retard thinks the Mission Impossible trilogy are great movies.

I'd say Naked is more underappreciated.
    [X] Grind on the mind.