Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Couple new releases just came out.(not going to count Blink cuz blah)
    These guys are getting old but still put out good stuff imo.

Green Day has softened a bit but this is a decent album and this song as at least reminiscent of the old days.

I think there's new descendants too, unless I mixed up what I heard

Came out a couple months ago I believe.

Face to Face has a new album this year too...

I've been really enjoying that new Descendents album lately.

Also saw Pennywise with Strung Out and Unwritten Law last week. Pennywise absolutely crushed it, Strung Out was decent, and Unwritten Law was great even though I had never been a huge fan of their music. NOFX, Descendents, and Bad Religion were all excellent at Riot Fest too.

Punk's not dead, just all the punk rockers are getting old.

ALso Feelies are playing in NYC in May. Definitely gonna check it out!

Been digging this Peruvian band lately from the 60s... Salvaje gives me the chills

Real gritty recording of the Heartbreakers

ALso Feelies are playing in NYC in May. Definitely gonna check it out!

Been digging this Peruvian band lately from the 60s... Salvaje gives me the chills

Got to see John Doe play this fall:

As well as SHonen Knife. It was like the Japanese Ramones!

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Face to Face has a new album this year too...

I've been really enjoying that new Descendents album lately.

Also saw Pennywise with Strung Out and Unwritten Law last week. Pennywise absolutely crushed it, Strung Out was decent, and Unwritten Law was great even though I had never been a huge fan of their music. NOFX, Descendents, and Bad Religion were all excellent at Riot Fest too.

Punk's not dead, just all the punk rockers are getting old.
    Well I'm pretty young...I actually love going to good punk shows and being half the age of most people there!

Want to feel old? I had Greg Graffin as a college professor a few years ago. Then I got to see BR in Montclair, NJ - probably one of the wildest shows I've been to.

I saw Ian MacKaye give a Q & A this fall (similar to this: ). If anyone on here ever gets a chance to see Ian speak I would highly recommend

Quote Originally Posted by Plakespear View Post
    agreed. Best British punk band was the Clash.

Check out Husker Du. Some may question their "punkness", but they were one of the bet bands ever to record for SST.
    Sex Pistols sucked and mostly ripped everything off the New York Dolls. Never was a huge fan of the Clash.

Some better U.K. punk rawk:

Last edited by Groomer Gambler; 02-02-2017 at 07:28 PM.

GG appreciation?

Even if you hate GG it's hard to deny these two particular songs are catchy as fuck:

The Jabbers (pre GG) were actually pretty damn good too:

Few decent NYC bands still playing

The Cuts (formerly Minor Cuts before they ditched the singer) The drummer has a grad degree in like Swedish drumming or some shit and plays fast as fuck. My head has been ringing for days after seeing them play

Awesome rock n roll, rockabilly, bluesy band The Hipp Pipps. Really fun to see them play live

Havent seen either of these dirty fuckers play yet but more decent modern musica rawk

Never heard of these guys until yesterday, not that I should have heard of them:

Nice touch with the '77 worship and Pure Hell, check out Death's first album from Detroit "Politicians in my eyes" for more Pre-Bad Brains Brother punk. And, really? Lots of Green Day, Nofx worship here? I believe those bands belong in the Brittany Spears, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift thread.... Not that there's anything wrong with that.... Signed, old-opinionated-music-lover with furry puppies as my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    Nice touch with the '77 worship and Pure Hell, check out Death's first album from Detroit "Politicians in my eyes" for more Pre-Bad Brains Brother punk. And, really? Lots of Green Day, Nofx worship here? I believe those bands belong in the Brittany Spears, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift thread.... Not that there's anything wrong with that.... Signed, old-opinionated-music-lover with furry puppies as my avatar.
    Death!

Cool American guy!

What's this thread without The Cramps. Anyone on here get to see them live? I was born in the wrong era

Few more for tonight:

https://youtu.be/DLIkM4wvcC8

https://youtu.be/KFjlx9JFLFA

And the greatest rock n roll band of all time

Let's not forget what OZ contributed
    Radio Birdman

The Saints

So? Do I need to stay a certain level of hardcore? I am old, they are old, and I am guessing we are both just not that angry anymore. I still have a bit of a lot of the usual on the pod that come on with regularity. (Adolescents, Minor Threat, Descendants, Gorilla Biscuit, Sick of it All...) Just don't pigeonhole me. Or do, idgaf.
    Here, I did find this a few months ago and am kind of fond of it. It's a little more aggro.

Punk Music Is Good

Didn't read the whole thread.... but good friends of mine will say punk died with GG Allin, and they were there in the gas station.

Was good to see Authority Zero in the list, but I thought that was ska core.

Wendy O Williams....oh how I loved her live performances.

THE BRAINWASHED DO NOT KNOW THEY ARE BRAINWASHED
    UNDERMINE THE STATUS QUO!

And, really? Lots of Green Day, Nofx worship here? I believe those bands belong in the Brittany Spears, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift thread.... Not that there's anything wrong with that.... Signed, old-opinionated-music-lover with furry puppies as my avatar.
    There is something wrong with that, let's just say it. Although before Green Day sold out they were not bad. I saw them live somewhere in the East Bay with a sold out show of maybe 50-75 people. Was fun, except for being the only long-haired there. (I was a bit of a target.)

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer Gambler View Post

Dang, is that real??? Love FEAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer Gambler View Post

What's this thread without The Cramps. Anyone on here get to see them live? I was born in the wrong era

No, I wish.

Quote Originally Posted by iceclimb View Post
    Didn't read the whole thread.... but good friends of mine will say punk died with GG Allin, and they were there in the gas station.
    GG Allin sucks.

GG was a shitty artist.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    GG was a shitty artist.
    The Jabbers were alright. GG and the murder junkies artistically sucked (not sure how much 'artistic value' there is to flinging and rolling in your own feces and cutting yourself onstage),but nevertheless you gotta admit somewhat hilarious and amusing to watch in hindsight (not sure I'd have wanted to go to a live GG show in his final years). Shoving a banana up his ass and flinging it at NYU students is pretty funny too.