Cross Country Drive. WWMD?

OK, I'm taking off from Charlottesville, VA, today and driving west. My ultimate destination is San Diego, which will be my new home. I'm stopping in Omaha, NE, to visit my grandmother.

Then I'm going to Denver, CO, to visit some family. We'll do some wakeboarding an other tomfoolery while in CO. I'd like to grab a beer with a couple mags as I pass through. I was originally hoping to get some turns in at A-Basin but have since learned that it closes this Sunday, 4 May. I was really hoping to get a day or two of late season skiing in.

I'm tempted to drive the 1200 additional miles to get in a day or two somewhere in Tahoe. Or, I could just jam back to SD and hope for a south swell. Any ideas to screw around? Are there still turns worth hiking for in CO? Is the drive to Tahoe worth it?

Ooh, fun... how long do you have to stay on the road? What's your time limit...

I have a bunch of good "road food" places for you to stop and hit up on your trip, if you're into that.

I'm planning a XC-trip next summer for two months for summer break... You're getting me excited already.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaLuv
    Ooh, fun... how long do you have to stay on the road? What's your time limit...

I have a bunch of good "road food" places for you to stop and hit up on your trip, if you're into that.

I'm planning a XC-trip next summer for two months for summer break... You're getting me excited already.
    I wish I had two months. I need to be out in SD by the 19th - probably sooner. I've just got a few days of play on the way and want to make the most of it!

Maybe you can trackdown HDCORESNOWSKIER, or whatever his name is.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

"It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

If you are stopping in Omaha, you can stay on I-80 and end up in Tahoe. But if skiing is your goal, go South on 395 to Mammoth and get lift served turns.

hit Mammy, its going to be your new "local" hill anyway living in SD. Lots of amazing back country shots off 395 (also known as the "Peak Riders Hwy"). If I were you, I would swing into Tioga Pass and car camp for a day or 2 and do some classics from there: Cocaine Chute, Dana, etc. Have fun!

Is it worth it?

Put it this way:
    Whereever you go - DO IT!!!!!
    opportunities for epic road trips only happen a few times each of our lifetimes.
    don't make this one boring.

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    Is it worth it?

Put it this way:
    Whereever you go - DO IT!!!!!
    opportunities for epic road trips only happen a few times each of our lifetimes.
    don't make this one boring.
    That's what the fuck I'm talkin' about!

I can already feel my practical sensibilities laying out the reasons why I should hurry up to SD and get ready to field my pending responsibilities there.