Thread: red ptex

red ptex

where can I find red ptex. Extensive online search has yielded nothing. 07 goats got here, and im planning ahead.

I'll package some clear ptex and red food coloring for ya...
    (I've only seen clear and black)

yeah....i think lots of folks are going to be in search of that. (and i think someone brought this point up when the 07 gots were unveiled...)

i'm guessing you might have more luck using clear ptex.

maybe volkl should include a ribbon of red ptex with every purchase??

I've heard colored ptex throws off some wicked fumage. I don't know if this is true, but I've heard it a couple times now. Clear on colors works fine. Black make sit look like acid-inspired abstract art.

i am not worried about using clear ptex, but about the inevitable core shot that will happen sometime. Clear ptex wont fix that, at least in red.

I have only ever seen ptex in clear or black, if you repair the core shot the standard way just use the ptex string and a solder penicil for the final job and dye it red. You can get the stuff you need here.

http://www.tognar.com/surgery_repair...snowboard.html
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

I think you guys are taking this queer eye for the "straight" guy thing a little too far. For fuck's sake! they're skis not prada pumps.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    I've heard colored ptex throws off some wicked fumage. I don't know if this is true, but I've heard it a couple times now. Clear on colors works fine. Black make sit look like acid-inspired abstract art.
    Depends on the colorant being used. Like any additive it will add some flamage.

Look for RED HDPE, stock material, you can get it from any plastics distriibutor, for cheap.
    The Ski Journal theskijournal.com
    frequency TSJ frqncy.com

I have a bunch of red p-tex that I've been using on skis I don't care about just to get rid of it....didn't know it was in demand!

I'll look tonight and send you some if you need it.

take it easy man. it's important to look good in your 3-sizes-too-big burberry plaid jumpsuit when you're throwing mad trix down Big Mountains

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy
    I think you guys are taking this queer eye for the "straight" guy thing a little too far. For fuck's sake! they're skis not prada pumps.

Do you seriously care what color your p-tex is??

Just wax routinely with graphite wax and your bases will be so black you'll be able to see your reflection in them.
    [quote][//quote]