TRG Forum History...

Quote Originally Posted by Telemark Talk Webpage

This after some bonehead from Powder's parent company deleted their forum archive, and worse yet, came online and verbally thrashed the members of what has always been one of the most vibrant, interesting and fun to visit online communities on the web.
    Was this in Oct 2003- is that why so many people joined the TGR fourm that month?

When did the above instance occur?

Thanks in Advance.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Everyone was on the Powder Magazine boards before here (although some were already here too) and most had been for several years. Then a giant toss-pot from Primedia (Powder's owners), I think by the name of Daniel, started moderating the forums which were previously maggot-vigilante patrolled with massive smackdowns dished out to idiots. He deleted a goldmine of several years worth of threads and banned anyone who questioned those actions on the forum. Within a couple of days powdermag.com was empty and everyone who wasn't already here migrated. That was in October 2003.

Read young jedi. http://forum.powdermag.com/forum/sho...page=0#Post513. Learn from it, you will. From the dark side, comes the moderator.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Well, that was kind of interesting... I was always wondering why those forums were so dead. Also interesting is that if you check the user's list there, Daniel isn't on there. Kind of too bad for Metcalf that the forum blew up but good for TGR. Such is life in a competitive world. Your customers will tell you what you need to do to thrive. If you listen to them and act on what they tell you, you generally do alright. TGR's done a good job of that with this board.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember
    Well, that was kind of interesting... I was always wondering why those forums were so dead. Also interesting is that if you check the user's list there, Daniel isn't on there. Kind of too bad for Metcalf that the forum blew up but good for TGR. Such is life in a competitive world. Your customers will tell you what you need to do to thrive. If you listen to them and act on what they tell you, you generally do alright. TGR's done a good job of that with this board.
    Do you have an MBA?

I think it would be going a bit far to say that TGR was competing for our business. Hell, this must be a serious loss maker for them (think of the bandwidth charges!) They're truly doing this for altruistic reasons!

edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

I love Ak_pm's post on the first page - you have to assume within 10 minutes of finding TGR, he already had like 2000 "look at my f'ed up pictures" and "I almost got killed in an avalanche" posts...

Quote Originally Posted by yesIsaidyes
    I love Ak_pm's post on the first page - you have to assume within 10 minutes of finding TGR, he already had like 2000 "look at my f'ed up pictures" and "I almost got killed in an avalanche" posts...
    STFU JONG!

Quote Originally Posted by truth
    STFU JONG!
    The classics will never die.

some closure there in the last post:

http://forum.powdermag.com/forum/sho...&Number=104470

I like the colors here.
    Signature removed for non-payment

Quote Originally Posted by Keoni
    I like the colors here.
    Now that's old skool.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo
    Read young jedi. http://forum.powdermag.com/forum/sho...page=0#Post513. Learn from it, you will. From the dark side, comes the moderator.
    I will learn to master the ways of the force...

Great info and thanks to all.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

Hehe, TRG.

edg
    Do you realize that you've just posted an admission of ignorance so breathtaking that it disqualifies you from commenting on any political or economic threads from here on out?

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    There are still some messages available via www.archive.org.

Example from sometime in 2001: http://web.archive.org/web/200106041...i?action=intro
    This is the starting point, but not all links work (not all the content was collected and archived).
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Prior to forums.powdermag.com was the K2 factory team board. That's way-back in the way-back...

heh I only had 587 posts over there and that was in a year, wow I spend to much time on these boards
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    Was this in Oct 2003- is that why so many people joined the TGR fourm that month?

When did the above instance occur?

Thanks in Advance.
    jesus no wonder everybody was so aggro whiny twit when i got here.