FS - 56 cm Bianchi Veloce road bike

Great steel frame road bike w/campagnolo veloce components. Approx. 5 years old and 1,000 miles on it. I'm in Chicago but driving to CA next week. Celeste green.

SOLD
    Last edited by gonzo; 05-22-2006 at 09:29 PM.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

price range?

gonzo, depending on price i may be interested, i'm not too far from you either.

i've got almost exactly the same frame built up with ultegra and it rides like a champ and is a great bike for winter training/high miles/beginner roadie.

what do u want for it? How has the bike been cared for?

I've got it on Craig's List for $500. Solid bike for sure. It has been cared for well - not uber roadie techy well though, but well nonetheless. I tune it myself periodically and have gotten a pro tune on it every year or so. I'll get some pics up. I am guessing shipping will be a bit, so local might be better - never shipped a bike though.

So I just gave her a wipe down and snapped these pics. I definitely think it is worth approx. $500, but please let me know if you think I am nuts. The frame has normal topsheet-esq. scratches - no dents. I tried to take pictures of the biggest scratches to give a sense of the frame condition. There are definitely smaller ones here and there from rocks and stuff - also a little superficial rust on the stem. The inside of the frame was filled with frame saver anti-rust treatment 3 years ago. It has definitely been used but has lots of miles left on it. Some of the scratches are from clamps from a bag carrier I had on the back - they were padded, etc but rubbed nonetheless. Campy Veloce components. Seras grooved seat to keep away the sleepy wee-wee. Basic Avocet 15 computer. I can't get the Look pedals to come off so those will be included. I can take it to my LBS to see if they can get them off if necessary though (and will come down to $450-ish if they have to come off).

Super solid road bike. Give her a new home!

Last edited by gonzo; 05-21-2006 at 08:29 PM.

Gonz, I am interested in the bike. I don't have need for the look pedals. And could meet you to pick-up. I just need to figure out the money. Can you hold off a week or so? If you get a solid offer in the meantime, by all means get the money, but if you have no takers, I need, well, want a road bike and this would be perfect. Now how to buy this without the wife finding out....

I am actually hitting the road to CA a week from today/tomorrow so I am going to try to move it before then. I have one buddy here who is very interested - not sure if he can go for $500 though. I am sure I can get my LBS to get the pedals off and if so I can go for $450 w/o them. After riding mtb and road for a while now I am just going to put mtb pedals on my road bike in the future and use the same shoes - I don't think it makes much difference. I could also meet you halfway or something this week. I have an exam on Wed. morning so Thurs, Fri, or Sat would be best.

OK - my buddy is out. Would love to get this ride to a maggot!

Get this bike, shave your head, and ride like Marco Pantani!!

...just stay away from the other white powder...

Gonz, i want the bike, but budget reasons right now are causing me to hold off right now. If you have other offers take em. If you still have it when you get back, then I may be in for it. I am just waiting on a few slow pay clients right now. which is causing me to postpone my bike purchase as well as put off a Boston trip by a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by INDY GS
    Gonz, i want the bike, but budget reasons right now are causing me to hold off right now. If you have other offers take em. If you still have it when you get back, then I may be in for it. I am just waiting on a few slow pay clients right now. which is causing me to postpone my bike purchase as well as put off a Boston trip by a couple of weeks.
    Actually just sold it...sorry it didn't work out mang.