Really Old Ski Trips

I finally got around to scanning in my photo album from a trip I took way back when I was 15 with my high school. 30 boys. 1 teacher. 2 guides. 1 pasta eating champion (yup - me: 5 plates, $25 francs).

This trip pretty much sealed the deal for me. I started the sport when I was 3 but it was all New England up to this point. Once I stepped onto the sideways stand-up two person chair thingy at Grindelwald, everything changed. Rugen Brau might have had something to do with that, too.

Here's what I've got from that trip. Note the Pre Skis. So cool.

It got me thinking. What trips did it for you?

One day at Sugar Bowl...

Yep, just a day trip to some awesome powder with good friends in college changed my life. The deepness, the sunshine, the bros; oh yeah and the cave!

Two weeks later I broke my collar bone in the half-pipe, but kept comin' back for more.

After 25 years of skiing, that day (and the flick Harvest) were pivotal.

Very, very cool.

Mürren is where I learnt to ski. It's a cool area. I'll never forget the afternoon when my Dad took me up to the top of the Schilthorn for the first time and we skied all the way down to Lauterbrunnen - about a 6000ft descent and awesome!

Very nice report. We have some slides of some original ski trips tp JH from the mid seventies that I'd like to get scanned so that I could throw together some retro TR.

Quote Originally Posted by JMO
    I finally got around to scanning in my photo album from a trip I took way back when I was 15 with my high school.
    You went to a better high school than I did. I think I got to take a field trip to Detroit once.