Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    Picture the sounds and images of this nighmare my dear:
    My singing in the shower tonight, "Cruel Summer"

Ouch, thats gotta hurt ugly.
    But I don't know what you look like so I can't picture you All I know is that you're one of those lame knuckledraggers who claims to be a teacher of sorts also

Besides, I'm almost out of here.... gotta go race my new mtn bike down in New Mexico!
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

have fun at the sufferfest. Eat those other girls puke for breakfast, shit out their dreams and win that mofo.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by lemon boy
    have fun at the sufferfest. Eat those other girls puke for breakfast, shit out their dreams and win that mofo.
    Will do! I'm OUT. So get back to talking about skiing now.... no more picking on me when I talk to my skins or the snow.
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Can't fault you for singing. Of course I'm usually so winded that it is only in my head and usually activity specific.

The hills are alive....has definitely come up, but one that always makes me feel like a dork is "doe a deer, a female deer....." while hunting.

Nice line you guys. Beautiful. That summit is a fun place to be. Did you guys get out of school already?

NICE!!!
    I looked into that route, longingly, one summer after hiking Pacific. Looked like it would go with the right snow.

Way to bring your knowledge of the snowpack + all the honed mtneering + skiing skills to absolutely kill it this season!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iskibc
    I gingerly side slipped into the upper section and after 10' or so I got my tips and tails caught on the walls of the couloir. Damn! I quickly realized it was going to be a lot harder than I had expected. It's always interesting trying to fit a 188cm ski through a 168cm wide ski route. I worked my way down inch by inch. The entire time the only edges that were in contact were the tips and tails scraping on rock. I could feel my skis bending dramatically underneath my feet as I bounced a bit after each step. Sweat began to roll down my face as I was caught in an awkward position and there wasn't much I could do to make it easier. Hindsight began to kick-in and I had wished that I had rappelled through the crux to make things a bit easier. Oh well, nothing I could do about it now. After some time I made it through the narrow rock band and things began to open up. The 168cm ski route was now at least double the width! A sense of relief came about and I continued to ski down past MBSC.
    I really admire you for writing stuff like that. You could've lead me to believe that the crux was incredibly nasty but for you it was a piece of cake. I would've believed you. Instead you exposed yourself and made it real and therefore very engaging.

great line to be schralped. i used to stare at that peak growing up in eagle county, and am pleased to see you guys doing all these fine peaks justice.

Cool

Stunning stuff d!

What a beautiful line!

props to mbsc on the skiing and photog skills too!!!
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

Absolutely amazing TR again! I didn't know I was amongst two legends when in CO earlier this year

Question: Did you have hot cocoa and Oreos after nap time and did you have a nap-mat? I remember those kindergarten days

B)

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    I love this pic:
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Good work, guys. I have been drooling over this one in the 13ers book forever. Got to get my uphill skills closer to my downhill skills first.
    Chocolate? This is doodoo, BABY!

DefJef Guest
    Fucking awesome!!!!

Wow, I'm glad this TR got bumped. Awesome line.
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

anyone have a recent report/photo of this line from this spring?

top 5 tgr posters ever

It's a bit thinner this year, despite Breck's "huge" snow year, there was even more wind. Crystal's NNW face doesn't even go clean this year, and Drift is thin (but skiable).

Saw this on FB the other day:
    http://iammattkennedy.com/137684/315...tic-peaks-2014
    o--/\
    --/(. \
    -/ .) ' \ go with respect, get to know your mountains
    /' (. ' |'\
    ' ' .) ' ,'

I magine that, people used to ski some cool shit, take fun ameature pictures, geek out about lines and likely have a hilarious awkward time of it. I guess most of that was well before my time, but still have met some of my most solid people here, whether they be near or far.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra