Squaw Valley can kiss my A$$!!

I purchased a Ski Lake Tahoe 6 pack of tickets in October 2005. It had 6 tickets I could use at various resorts. I had one left for use at either Squaw Valley or Alpine Meadows. I was pretty psyched to ski some corn at Squaw this past weekend. I was at the ticket booth at 8:45 with my voucher in hand. Whoops, apparently the voucher expired April 30. It is writen on the voucher, I just assumed it would be valid until end of season, my fault. Squaw Valley wasn't budging.

I went over to Alpine Meadows, showed them the voucher and told them it had expired. No big deal. They said I could use it till the end of the season, just as I had told the "pleasant" folks at Squaw Valley they would. Since I have a Spring pass for Alpine the voucher was of no use to me.

I talked to the people who market the 6 pack and was told that 5 of the 7 resorts do close before April 30. I pointed out that SV and AM stay open through Memorial Day every year there is sufficient snow. They said they have had some other complaints on this issue and will make it more clear as to the expiration date on next seasons product.

Definitely my fault for not paying attention to the expiration date. Stupid of me to assume when I buy something for the 2005/2006 season that it is for the whole season-I think most people would make the same assumption.

I'm more pissed that the arrogance of Squaw Valley shines again. Alpine Meadows gave me no hassles whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by gageyk
    I'm more pissed that the arrogance of Squaw Valley shines again.
    Stunning insight
    Elvis has left the building

Quote Originally Posted by gageyk
    I went over to Alpine Meadows, showed them the voucher and told them it had expired. No big deal. They said I could use it till the end of the season, just as I had told the "pleasant" folks at Squaw Valley they would. Since I have a Spring pass for Alpine the voucher was of no use to me.
    That's why Squaw routinely gets its ass kicked by Northstar.

Anyways, if you have no use for the voucher would you mind passing it on to someone who does?

Squaw Valley USA, We care!

Squaw sticker seen halfway up Granite Chief chair this weekend.... "Nancy Hates You"

Squaw - "LIKE We Care"

Squaw Valley - Guests first, locals last
    Turning is for when things get in your way ||

I'm not sure why you're so pissed at Squaw when you ought to be more angry at the people who market those tickets, or yourself for that matter. You didn't read the expiration date, it's your fault. Don't blame Squaw or Nancy... at least they are open past April 30th. Yes, I know Alpine is too. Use it there.

Quote Originally Posted by jdl
    I'm not sure why you're so pissed at Squaw when you ought to be more angry at the people who market those tickets, or yourself for that matter. You didn't read the expiration date, it's your fault. Don't blame Squaw or Nancy... at least they are open past April 30th. Yes, I know Alpine is too. Use it there.
    Agreed. Riping on squaw is such a tired old bandwagon.

Kirkwood has accepted my expired vouchers, replaced old tickets I didn't use with new day passes, accepted vouchers during blackout dates,...

Now if only they would stay open past April 30th.

crap that doesn't sound pretty.
    I was going to go to squaw valley next year with a friend who had a cabin there or something, but it sounds like the service isn't too great.

Quote Originally Posted by AudioSkier
    crap that doesn't sound pretty.
    I was going to go to squaw valley next year with a friend who had a cabin there or something, but it sounds like the service isn't too great.
    It's still got great terrain despite lackluster management.

I do agree Squaw management sucks: why have Emmigrant, Broken Arrow, and Silverado been closed the past month???!!!!!
    But here's one incident where they played nice:

My son was in a ski lesson at Squaw last Saturday. An out of control skier took him out 15 minutes into the lesson. One of his poles was snapped and the other bent. My older son saw it from the chair lift and said my younger son was airborne in a major way. (One way to get gnar points. )

The good thing is this : without my asking, the ski school refunded his lift ticket and lesson fees even though he continued wih the rest of the lesson.
    It could have been the magical power of the Liger.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

i worked in the ticket office for some years awhile back

tons of people get screwed by their policies

but...

if you go in there when they aren't busy...say tues. afternoon...and play the bummed out nice guy...i'd bet dollars to donuts it gets fixed one way or another...

no guarantee...some things are out of their control

the people who staff that special tix office get more abuse than tina turner... good folks

or they were anyway...maybe it's more gestapo now...

Quote Originally Posted by wookalar
    the people who staff that special tix office get more abuse than tina turner... good folks...maybe it's more gestapo now...
    Bwah ha ha ha. I have seen them take a beating and felt bad for them.

Still, I think sometimes the magic-marker message board at the closed lifts when the conditions are exceptional should display this:

Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim S
    Still, I think sometimes the magic-marker message board at the closed lifts when the conditions are exceptional should display this:
    Nothing?

I'd think that'd be worse than telling you what's closed.

But what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by wookalar
    if you go in there when they aren't busy...say tues. afternoon...and play the bummed out nice guy...i'd bet dollars to donuts it gets fixed one way or another...
    What he said. The regular ticket booth people have zero power to bend the rules, special tix do.

Case in point: Squaw has the Frequent Skier Card program -- fifth day free, Tues-Thurs discounts. The cards say if you don't have it with you, you're SOL. Well, last season, we went up for a four-day weekend and I had three or four tix on the card at that point. Except the card was sitting on my kitchen table, a couple hundred miles away. The booth couldn't do anything, but suggested I go to special tix. Special tix looked up my FSC number and did everything by hand for each of the four days -- I skied one discounted day and one free day, neither of which I'd have had without their help.