Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1879
    Anyone using sea salt or lime juice in primary or secondary? I've played around with a few things but still trying to work some things out. I really liked the SN Lime Ale aged in Tequila barrels and a "Tacohands" beer I had at Tired Hands in Philly? The Tired Hands beer had cilantro, lime, flaked maize, passila peppers, coriander, Cumin, and tortilla shells. It was pretty good, had it on cinco de mayo of course.

I thought there was a good reason not to use lime juice and use zest instead? I haven't tried either though, just considered it. I don't brew enough.

My rye barleywine from last September is finally starting to be good from the bottles, we did sine funky additions to a few mini batches but I've been waiting until it's well carbed and tasting good before sampling them. The plan was for them to be ready this winter but t there wasn't enough carbonation to make drinking such a thick beer very appealing

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I thought there was a good reason not to use lime juice and use zest instead? I haven't tried either though, just considered it. I don't brew enough.
    Zest and juice are ok, rind is not. "Pith"? Gets bitter when boiled from what I understand. Same with most citrus fruits. I usually add after primary though.

Cool. For whatever reason I thought the juice could get funky, must have confused it with the pith

Brewed on Saturday

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465826450.981504.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  327.4 KB

Then I made spent grain sausage buns and enjoyed grilled Keilbasa for dinner.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1465826498.952024.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  388.0 KB

That looks awesome!!
    watch out for snakes

Haven't brewed my own beer for a while, but just started working at Fremont Brewing which is pretty neat. Just packaging for now, but who knows where it could go.

I built a keezer recently, five taps crammed in to a little 7cuft model. This could be a problem.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    I built a keezer recently, five taps crammed in to a little 7cuft model. This could be a problem.
    Pics?

Question for you hop growers...
    2nd year hops getting a lot of "side shoots". Do you prune these at all or let them go wild? Some are starting to entangle ea other. Imagine that's not best for them?

Every two to three years you "spade" around the crown and pull up the runners. These are usually what the growers sell in the spring.

Brew day, 10 gals of American Wheat that will be the base for my Dandy Shandy.
    watch out for snakes

Just here to claim #1 beer drinker. 630 Keystone Ice in 8 months. Plus 4 cases or so of Sierra plus who knows 7 gallons of rum. Need to find nimh charger for the camera.

The local brewclub had a get together at a park this past weekend to brew together. It was a hot and sunny day. We tasted at least a dozen different homebrews, plus some crafts, and even a sourdough ale from Hong Kong - ganbei!

Name:  13715963_10210354753929713_706689331504649287_n.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  183.4 KB

All me Berliner Weiss sour is gone but Belgians on the Dry Fork is this weekend so time for a liver workout.
    watch out for snakes

Just brewed a Peach Gose. 3.1 ph makes it pretty tart. Hopefully can balance with some peaches.

Getting an order of some South African hops. J17. gonna try to work in a SMASH with J17 and maybe MOPA or something else......

just a shout out for these guys and if you are in need of a SS filter their stuff is da bomb

http://www.utahbiodieselsupply.com/brewingfilters.php
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Just brewed a Peach Gose. 3.1 ph makes it pretty tart. Hopefully can balance with some peaches.

Getting an order of some South African hops. J17. gonna try to work in a SMASH with J17 and maybe MOPA or something else......
    most would say 3.1 pH is just right
    watch out for snakes

I was shooting for 3.3 or 3.4. Just going for something a little more crushable.

kettle sour with lacto?
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    kettle sour with lacto?
    yep, delbrueckii

A week from Saturday, I'm participating in a homebrew festival where they shut down the street and 50+ homebrewers serve their beer. Last year I brought an old beat up jockey box that my friend let me borrow. I cleaned it up the best I could but the outside was still rather janky looking. The cold plate also caused a lot of foam so I ended up mostly filling a pitcher I brought and then poured into the sample glasses from there.

I could use a picnic tap or even the same jockey box this year but want to see if anyone has a better idea. What'chu think?

I've had varying success with these:

Otherwise a CO2 picnic tap works fine and if you have beer leftover you can save it for later.

We actually built a nice wood cover for our jockey box but you could also drape a table cloth over it or something to make it look nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    yep, delbrueckii

Blend it to achieve your goal.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    A week from Saturday, I'm participating in a homebrew festival where they shut down the street and 50+ homebrewers serve their beer. Last year I brought an old beat up jockey box that my friend let me borrow. I cleaned it up the best I could but the outside was still rather janky looking. The cold plate also caused a lot of foam so I ended up mostly filling a pitcher I brought and then poured into the sample glasses from there.

I could use a picnic tap or even the same jockey box this year but want to see if anyone has a better idea. What'chu think?

You know the cold plate goes down inside a cooler with ice where you never see it? You should run hot water and PBW thru it for at least an hour. You will need some type of pump for that.

What you serving out of, 5 gal corneys? Get a spare regulator or even just a CO2 injector(as long as its carbd properly beforehand) and a picnic tap. Keep it in a bucket or cooler with ice.

I have several 3 gal ball lock kegs that fit nicely into a Coleman Max Kewl cooler, it has wheels and a pop up handle which makes getting it around easy peasy. A 5lbs CO2 tank, regulator and two mini kegs fit in with plenty of ice. Its highly mobile and very popular rig.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    Blend it to achieve your goal.
    Yeah, I have a pilsner, Hefe, and a session IPA that might be candidates.