Dry Lakes: A Nostalgic Fishing TR

This was years and years ago, i have been back since and even stayed overnight but never taken another picture. Dry lakes rests in a small valley about 1000ft from the summit of Horn Peak (guesstimate) and overlooks the whole sangre de christo valley. You can start on rainbow trail but you have to break off and kind of know where your headed to get there (would be happy to take some people this summer when i go) once up top there are 2 lakes on right at front and one round back which isnt pictured.

It is crystal clear spot fishing and the water feels like its one degree away from freezing.

Its about a 2 - 5 hour hike (depending on your group) if you run you can make it in a hour and a half maybe... my best time is 2 hours and it is truly worth the hike.

Pics.

The Group

Rainbow Trail (yes im Gangsta)

Valley of Da Trees

The veiw was bad

The Lake

The Lake part Deux

Obligatory Fishing Photo 1

Obligatory Fishing Photo 2

Obligatory Caught Fish 1

Obligatory Caught Fish 2

Thinking Bout a Great Day

Bonus Shot....
    Found this while looking through all my old fishin photos... my best catch of my life.
    A 28LB Albino Channel Cat. Channels here dont get much bigger than 12 usually. I fought him for about 45 minutes and all the while water moccasins were breeding (swarming) everywhere and i could not move a foot in either direction from where i had cast. Was a truly great expiereince and i was only 9 years old. Hooked for life!

I haven't read anything else you've posted so someone might have already noticed this, but you're totally the kid who went to Jackson and wore a Texas flag on his back the whole time he was there.
    Last edited by robokill1981; 04-20-2006 at 01:15 PM.

yea dude, i was letting everyone in JH know how core i was.

plus, much like a type R decal on a car, Texas flags add 5 horsepower to my board

You might be onto somethin' there robo...

Quote Originally Posted by robokill1981
    I haven't read anything else you've posted so someone might have already noticed this, but you're totally the kid who went to Jackson and wore a Texas flag on his back the whole time he was there.
    i thought and posted the same thing in his "i'm not core" thread. then he deleted it.

What's even stranger is that if you look at all of Humble's posts he has a few "I'm new to the board" posts from the beginning of April even though this kid had been here for a long time as stonedhero. Oh well now that his secret identity is out I'm sure he'll delete this classic TR.
    Last edited by robokill1981; 04-20-2006 at 01:32 PM.

yea it went off topic

just like this thread is but whatever, i guess yall want drama instead of fishing discussion so i will give it to you.

yea im the same guy that was stonedhero, me not ever being on a internet forum before was much to open and honest (in retrospect) i took alot of beating for various life decisions like dropping out of college ect.

instead of being myself and just brushing it off and taking it lighthearted, i was actually kind of hurt by some of the shit said that was truly personal and i attacked back. then it just snowballed until i went over the line completley and was extremley innapropriate to bad_roo and disrespectful of his wife, so much that i still feel somewhat ashamed of my charater that day. i deleted all my negativity and chilled for a while and came back on here with the intentions of being myself (im quite silly? and easy going) and i promised myself i wouldnt ever say hurtful things on this board again. and i wont

so bash me all you want, i deserve it.

and yea i had a Texas flag on the whole JH trip (even in town) and most people who saw me laughed and that was the point. so make fun of me for that too because in the dictionary, if you look up gaper, its got a pic of me.

In another post I asked if you were AKPM's brother. I now realized that this unjustly offends AKPM. Sorry AKPM.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty
    In another post I asked if you were AKPM's brother. I now realized that this unjustly offends AKPM. Sorry AKPM.
    lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Humble
    yea it went off topic

just like this thread is but whatever, i guess yall want drama instead of fishing discussion so i will give it to you.

yea im the same guy that was stonedhero, me not ever being on a internet forum before was much to open and honest (in retrospect) i took alot of beating for various life decisions like dropping out of college ect.

instead of being myself and just brushing it off and taking it lighthearted, i was actually kind of hurt by some of the shit said that was truly personal and i attacked back. then it just snowballed until i went over the line completley and was extremley innapropriate to bad_roo and disrespectful of his wife, so much that i still feel somewhat ashamed of my charater that day. i deleted all my negativity and chilled for a while and came back on here with the intentions of being myself (im quite silly? and easy going) and i promised myself i wouldnt ever say hurtful things on this board again. and i wont

so bash me all you want, i deserve it.

and yea i had a Texas flag on the whole JH trip (even in town) and most people who saw me laughed and that was the point. so make fun of me for that too because in the dictionary, if you look up gaper, its got a pic of me.

That was very classy. Well done.

I've been checking in now and then, waiting for stonedhero to show up so I could stick a jackhammer up his ass and now I see this.

Hrumph...from your stonedhero posts, I never would have guessed you had that kind of character...good on ya kid.

I guess I'll go sell my Nuclear weapons on the black market now.

I just wanted to post on page one of this hilarious thread.

robokill = fucking sherlock holmes

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    robokill = fucking sherlock holmes
    robokil = way too much free time on my hands at work.

this is a sweet thread.

AWESOME catfish
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care