Page 416 of 438 FirstFirst ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... LastLast
Results 10,376 to 10,400 of 10936

Thread: Doggie stoke

Ain't no time like trail time.

Our older dog is fifteen and a half, and he still barks when he sees anything exciting (people and other dogs he knows, fireworks, Subarus with fart can exhausts...) We followed al of the advice like "don't reward unwanted vocalization" "ignore until he settles down" "reward quiet behavior" etc, and it did help, but only to a certain threshold. If someone knocked on the door right now he'd go apeshit.

My toy poodle isn't very yappy, which is nice. He does bark at odd noises that startled him. And when people come to the door. To warn us, and then he's quiet once he gets scritches and is their new best friend. Unless you don't give him attention or he decides he doesn't like the occasional person, which is very rare. We had a whole bunch of people working on our house for two weeks. The only person he didn't like was the electrician. Wouldn't stop barking at him. He was a bit odd. Dog's can sense that.

Probably had the wrong polarity

Doggie stoke

The only people my dog (when I was young) barked at were people who turned out to have aggressive cancer
    It was only 3 people but that was their only commonality that we could figure

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Probably had the wrong polarity
    Heh.

Lunch time at work. Shop dawg life.

Name:  dock shop dawg.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  88.1 KB
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Doggie stoke

Cheers to my tired boy for somehow still kicking it with us, despite being so fucking full of cancer. The bumps you can see on his side above his gray leg hair, and on his chest by the gray/shiny streak, right behind his front leg, are both huge tumors. They're everywhere in his abdomen...rock hard golf balls all over near his pelvis and chicken breast size one you can see on his chest.

He's on another course of antibiotics...got yet another UTI. He was really having issues pissing until the antibiotics showed up and is doing much better now.

Still acts and moves like an idiot puppy when he's not sleeping. Eats just fine still thankfully too. We joke that he's curling up to die on us when he snuggles in and passes out. I wish he just wouid before he gets bad and I have to put him down.

Dude is a trooper

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9476.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	469551
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

❤️❤️ he’s getting every ounce of life out of his time here.

I hear bacon and steak is a good cure.

He is happy cuz his people are close

So our pup that we found out is afraid of fireworks has become totally terrified of thunder and lightning now. A few nights ago we had a t-storm that started with a huge simultaneous flash bang that rattled the house. She literally went from a dead sleep to flying 4 feet above the bed before landing hard and nearly knocking herself silly. She ran for under the table and has been skittish since. I had to carry her fighting little 70 pound body outside last night because she's only peed once in 2 days. This morning the thunder was audible for a half hour before the storm got here and she was already under the table shaking like a leaf with her heart racing. Now she's crawled so far under the couch I literally had to lift it off the floor to get her out. She's so scared all she can do is shake and cry and she won't do her favorite thing, eat. There's gotta be a solution.

Try a Thunder Shirt. Works for some animals.

https://thundershirt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Cheers to my tired boy for somehow still kicking it with us, despite being so fucking full of cancer. The bumps you can see on his side above his gray leg hair, and on his chest by the gray/shiny streak, right behind his front leg, are both huge tumors. They're everywhere in his abdomen...rock hard golf balls all over near his pelvis and chicken breast size one you can see on his chest.

He's on another course of antibiotics...got yet another UTI. He was really having issues pissing until the antibiotics showed up and is doing much better now.

Still acts and moves like an idiot puppy when he's not sleeping. Eats just fine still thankfully too. We joke that he's curling up to die on us when he snuggles in and passes out. I wish he just wouid before he gets bad and I have to put him down.

Dude is a trooper

Name:	IMG_9476.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	469551
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    ❤️❤️ he’s getting every ounce of life out of his time here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    He is happy cuz his people are close
    All this. I'm happy you're still getting good times and snuggles with him Booner.
    I still call it The Jake.

I heart shitface.

Name:	Image1694615877.035567.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	511.6 KB 
ID:	469621

Little Stevie Nicks found the grossest, muddiest entry to a small alpine lake the other day.
    Saw water, went full gas at it and went full immersion into the muck. Surprised herself. Was stoked.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    So our pup that we found out is afraid of fireworks has become totally terrified of thunder and lightning now. A few nights ago we had a t-storm that started with a huge simultaneous flash bang that rattled the house. She literally went from a dead sleep to flying 4 feet above the bed before landing hard and nearly knocking herself silly. She ran for under the table and has been skittish since. I had to carry her fighting little 70 pound body outside last night because she's only peed once in 2 days. This morning the thunder was audible for a half hour before the storm got here and she was already under the table shaking like a leaf with her heart racing. Now she's crawled so far under the couch I literally had to lift it off the floor to get her out. She's so scared all she can do is shake and cry and she won't do her favorite thing, eat. There's gotta be a solution.

The Thundershirt worked well for my old dog, in conjunction with CBD. Try it out with a small t-shirt, it should fit fairly tight and hug the mid-section. I highly, *highly* recommend Suzie's CBD tincture, 500mg or 1000mg. Also good for soreness and general mental health, anxiety. It really does work for my dog currently, and for my past dog before he died. https://www.suziespettreats.com/prod...g-dog-tincture

One of my aunts has a lab that totally freaks at t-storms, and in Texas to boot, massive booms there. The lab panicked so bad one day she jetted across the room and poked her eye out on corner of coffee table, completely lost her eye.

Sounds like your dog has PTSD and will need maximum preventatives to help calm and soothe, and CBD daily to just help her remain calm and not overreact to loud sounds. Play loud music or white noise during thunderstorms when you can. Sound-proof a crate with acoustic panels, make it nice and comfy/dark for her, put multiple blankets over it, put her food in there, put in most quiet place of the house or under the table. She is obviously seeking shelter during these events by going under table or couch. This would be a safe space for her permanently and may help, in conjunction with thundershirt and some calming meds.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    THC doggie edibles if you can find them. Completely cured our dog of fear of either after a few years of usage.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Missing my pups.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Shitface loves a wide stance

Name:	IMG_9555.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	470044
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

What a good boy! Hang in there, bud.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6852.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	470328  
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Good boy, Shitface.
    I still call it The Jake.

Toddler lost in the woods found asleep using family dog as a pillow
    https://apnews.com/article/missing-m...46432a9a765309

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	87