Page 98 of 438 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 10936

Thread: Doggie stoke

Quote Originally Posted by sftc View Post
    This is awesome in so many ways. Please watch and share....

Nice video.

There is no such thing as too cold.

The video is pretty unique and a great way to get the message out. Wish they would have included some older critters. They always seem to get overlooked.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

This isn't doggie stoke, but I don't think it needs to have it own thread-

Over the last few afternoons I've been hanging out at home where I have a fenced yard with a dog door so my dogs can go in and out as they please. A few times each day two dogs (Unfriendly Boxers) that I don't recognize have been stopping by and driving my dogs nuts. Twice I've splashed the visitors with pots of cold water and now I've started to keep my dogs inside, but the rouge dogs just came back again.

They don't have any tags, or even collars, and I can't figure out where they live. They don't look like strays, I just think they are new to the neighborhood. It's a typical subdivision and dogs are not legally allowed to run free in this area. I'm not into tagging them with a sling shot or a BB gun so am I a dick if I call animal control? I assume they would check them for chips or tats and then I know they would turn the dogs over to a no-kill shelter, but the owners would probably get hit with a fairly decent fine for not having them registered. Any other ideas or suggestions?
    # # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

This isn't doggie stoke, but I don't think it needs to have it own thread-

Over the last few afternoons I've been hanging out at home where I have a fenced yard with a dog door so my dogs can go in and out as they please. A few times each day two dogs (Unfriendly Boxers) that I don't recognize have been stopping by and driving my dogs nuts. Twice I've splashed the visitors with pots of cold water and now I've started to keep my dogs inside, but the rouge dogs just came back again.

They don't have any tags, or even collars, and I can't figure out where they live. They don't look like strays, I just think they are new to the neighborhood. It's a typical subdivision and dogs are not legally allowed to run free in this area. I'm not into tagging them with a sling shot or a BB gun so am I a dick if I call animal control? I assume they would check them for chips or tats and then I know they would turn the dogs over to a no-kill shelter, but the owners would probably get hit with a fairly decent fine for not having them registered. Any other ideas or suggestions?

While my dog was retrieving the paper, she was attacked by a loose neighbor dog. I called Animal Control, but they were on vacation and I was told they would get back to me. They never did. This is how well my Animal Control works.

I would call Animal Control. You might embellish the story and say the dogs seem aggressive and that you are worried about the neighborhood children. Hope you have better luck than I have.

This guy...Titan is about 1.5 yrs old and lazy as fuck. Not sure how a dog like this could ever end up in a shelter.

I don't have kids, except for the pups, and if those boxers ate one of the neighborhood kids it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.
    I'm more concerned about what my dogs may do if no one is around. One of them could probably clear the 5 ft. fence if he really wanted to do it, and then it would be a 2 on 1 against dogs that are both bigger then him. He's clipped, but he still has some pride and those dogs have him fired up. He could also potentially hang himself on one of the metal posts if he somehow caught his collar. Plus, they've both been diggers in the past when they're really motivated.

It's just not fair to leave them inside for 8+ hours a day while we're at work or on the hill, so for now I'm going to keep an eye on the situation, ask around and see if I can figure out where they live. If it's still a problem in a couple of days I guess I'll call animal control and hope they do something, unless someone has a better idea.
    # # #

"...You must be a big skier then." I said "no, I'm a petite size 2." Awkward silence.... - Parvo

Heard Hugh lost a testy in the tram line at Kitzbühel via altercation with the local monoboard team circa '93. Has been bitter about game theory since.- Klauss

I guess I'll call animal control and hope they do something, unless someone has a better idea.
    Why not follow the dogs home, introduce yourself and ask them to keep their dogs in their yard or you will call animal control. If that doesn't work for you, just buy a paint ball gun and splatter them a few times. I bet they will stop showing up after the 2nd time you shoot them.

Rockchalk, cool looking guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Why not follow the dogs home, introduce yourself and ask them to keep their dogs in their yard or you will call animal control. If that doesn't work for you, just buy a paint ball gun and splatter them a few times. I bet they will stop showing up after the 2nd time you shoot them....
    Yeah, I've tried to follow them, but they're skittish when they see me and the backyard borders onto an overgrown creek area that they can run through fairly easily and loose me. The problem may have solved itself late this afternoon because I heard what sounded like a big dog fight a few houses down with lots of yelling and I assume it was them. It went on for at least 5 minutes and I was seriously waiting to hear gun shots so I stayed out of the way. Unfortunately after the excitement I had to split for an appointment, but a nosey retired cop who plays "block captain" lives directly across the street from them and I'd bet his bored ass is already on this shit so I'll tomorrow I'll talk to him and then the other people, if needed.
    # # #

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    This guy...Titan is about 1.5 yrs old and lazy as fuck. Not sure how a dog like this could ever end up in a shelter.

...snip pics of gorgeous mutt...
    Some bitch probably didn't like drool.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

found on the tubbernets

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snow-Dog_1365776i.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	150074
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hjghjghjg.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	150073  
    watch out for snakes

nacho and hutchski

he goes big a couple times in this video too, as well as saving me..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backflip-051.jpg 
Views:	534 
Size:	356.1 KB 
ID:	150094  
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Nacho rules!

I'd be kind of afraid to let him jump with a skier like that. Both my Jack and my friends' dog (also named Jack) have been cut pretty good by contact with ski edges. But hey, if Nacho keeps his distance, more power to him!
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    found on the tubbernets

Name:	Snow-Dog_1365776i.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	150074
    That is awesome.

Bumpin it up.

Name:	jackmeme.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	278.2 KB 
ID:	150561

My wife and I just picked up another foster dog (we work with Safe Harbor Lab Rescue in Golden, CO)... she's a super-sweet, super-energetic 5-yr old yellow female lab. She was in the shelter in Vernal, UT for over a month without getting adopted and was close to being put down. Luckily for her, she's now in good hands. If anyone around the CO Front Range is looking for an awesome dog, let me know and I can put you in touch with the right people. Here's a shot I took on Saturday afternoon, a few hours after we got her.

Why wouldn't someone want to adopt her?

No idea... apparently the folks out in Vernal, UT don't like big goofy yellow labs. If she was in the shelter here in Boulder, she wouldn't last 24 hours.

just came across this today. figured this thread could use some zudnick

I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

That was a cool Malamute and the human skied pretty damn good too.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Half Cheetah..

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    My wife and I just picked up another foster dog (we work with Safe Harbor Lab Rescue in Golden, CO)... she's a super-sweet, super-energetic 5-yr old yellow female lab. She was in the shelter in Vernal, UT for over a month without getting adopted and was close to being put down. Luckily for her, she's now in good hands. If anyone around the CO Front Range is looking for an awesome dog, let me know and I can put you in touch with the right people. Here's a shot I took on Saturday afternoon, a few hours after we got her.

Wow, that looks so much like my old Lab. And not just because she was another female yellow lab, I mean that really looks a lot like her. Look at my posts at the start of this thread. What a pretty and happy girl!

snapped this with the phone a few days ago. there's even more snow now.
    Wally's ears stand up more now. His right ear used to flop over more and it was really cute. Also, his underside is now white and he's supposed to be black. He's not even that old. 5. Can I get a new one? Mine's defective. lol, j/k, love my buddy so much
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Ha... yeah she does! This one is super sweet... it's amazing how quickly she's adapted to our house and routines. If we didn't already have two labs in control of our house, I'd be tempted to adopt her myself.