Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    How about lurkers reading TR's and poaching those areas, never to give back to the stoke here?
    Heh. You're reaching. I'm sure maggots have never poached from other communities - online or otherwise - without reciprocating stoke. Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark
    This is so fucking stupid.
    I agree.

The last thing I ever thought this board would go for was "membership requirements." 'Cause you know, the general vibe of this place is all about hierarchy, respect for authority, and organization.

Do we have to learn a secret handshake? Who gets to decide if you've passed "the test"? Will there be spring rush?

If you visit the forum = you're in

If you don't like it and you stop visting = you're out
    My dog did not bite your dog, your dog bit first, and I don't have a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Will
    Do we have to learn a secret handshake? Who gets to decide if you've passed "the test"?
    If you don't know the answer to these questions, you're obviously out.

Quote Originally Posted by crashnburn'd
    If you don't know the answer to these questions, you're obviously out.
    Screw you guys!

I don't wanna to be in your penis chopping family anyway!
    My dog did not bite your dog, your dog bit first, and I don't have a dog.

To truly be a maggot, you must not only hate moguls, but....

know where they are secretly hidden in the summer.

A Maggot isn't Made

As far as gear swap goes, the seller can sell to whoever he'd like and I definitely think its fair game for him to give preference to established board members. But I think it is stupid to try and put a limit on any other part of the board.

Sure if you wanna keep a stash's location secret be chill about it, but I'm not laying down any tracks by looking at it. What I am doing is seeing people having fun on the snow. Seeing, sharing, and communicating with other people who have a passion for what they do is what this place is about. You don't need to meet someone, or get a certain post count to do that.

I say anyone who loves the mountains and loves the snow has a maggot in them. The day they play some part in the sharing of that passion the maggot becomes exposed. I don't think they need to be given the title by some whack on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankZappa
    This is pretty good entertainment. Ha Ha. but...

OK, so... what about maggots like me out in the sticks who ski mostly solo because BC has the only local snow worth goin' after and can't find any other mags around let alone somebody you run into more than once at the top of the pass, and/or earn 90% of ski days outside the area.
    I share the stoke tho.

confession: I like moguls (although they hurt like hell in my "older" age), especially w/ pow on top... and I never had a problem w/ my Markers.
    Well, you're one of those strangely isolated maggots, FZ. That wouldn't happen if you didn't live in a place that resembles the South Park cartoon world
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Lightbulb

I was just noticing how many people have join dates in oct. 2003... that was when daniel thoroughly cunted the old country.

I think your secret club sucks.

Unless you let me in...

I may not be a fer real maggot...

...but from what I’ve observed on the God thread,
    the main qualification is: You have to believe in karma.

...or, you have to believe in Karmas.

...or, you have to believe in Garmin.

...or, you have to be constantly chargin’.

...or, you have to be constantly charging new skis.

...or, you have to be constantly chargin’ w/ mad steeze.

...or, you have to be constantly a target for Febreeze.

One of those, anyway.
    Or all of them. Or some, but definitely not others. Whatever the case, there should definitely be a way on this board to discriminate against people, that’s for sure.
    Otherwise, how could we trample down the relentless terror of our undying insecurity, and publicly establish that we are better than those other people over there?

Duh.

Well, we could just beat up on you some more...

Didn't read through the whole thing but, here's my thoughts.

I consider myself a Maggot, even though I live about as far away from skiing as anyone on here ('cept Hook- he is 2 hours south of me). Why do I think of myself as such, especially when I fish a lot more than ski these days? I'll tell you.

1. I have met and skied with several maggots across the country, and they have showed me their mountains.

2. I have eaten shit and scared myself pretty good with some of those maggots.

3. I constantly think of life as a possible TR. Painting the house TR, building my new deck TR, fly fishing TR(still in the works- just need to catch something yet this year), going to buy my Jeep TR(one of the few I have actually completed), etc.

(edit)4. I still have an open invite to any mag that comes to Tampa/St.Pete for some backcountry flats fishing. Can't promise bites, but I can promise some great scenery and good times. It is the least I can do to repay those mags that have toted my ass around their mountains.

If you think like that, then I think you are a maggot.

The failsafe- have everyone post a picture of themsleves right now. The ones that come up rexes are not true participants here.
    Last edited by warthog; 04-18-2006 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog
    3. I constantly think of life as a possible TR. Painting the house TR, building my new deck TR, fly fishing TR(still in the works- just need to catch something yet this year), going to buy my Jeep TR(one of the few I have actually completed), etc.

TOTALLY! thinking of things as "thread-worthy" makes you a maggot for sure!

edit: being able to introduce people as "someone i met on the internet" with a totally straight face, and not feel weird about it is also a requirement
    Last edited by marshalolson; 04-18-2006 at 08:14 PM.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Humble
    To truly be a maggot, you must not only hate moguls, but....

know where they are secretly hidden in the summer.
    maggots have thier facts right, they are stored away for the summer, not hidden, duh.

you must ski better than 95% or pretend to be that good, which isn't hard on the internet.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

It's hard to give more than you get when you're in Virginia for the year, but I hope to give back some major stokage from either Utah or NZ next winter.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerskierchick
    That is WONDERFUL news! Thanks for sharing! I hope you donated the old ones to a bra tree.

If you were a REAL maggette, you'd know that bra trees should be populated only by "trophies".
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins
    If you were a REAL maggette, you'd know that bra trees should be populated only by "trophies".
    That's okay, I heard she has some "catching up" to do.

You spill your guts to everyone on the board, then prepare to attend a manblouse mini.
    "Steve McQueen's got nothing on me" - Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins
    Yeah I go around wearing trophies on my chest ALL day That sounds great!

Having been a "trophy-tree" donator in the past.... I don't buy into any story that guys steal the girls bra and put it on the tree. Unless you have, Leroy.... have you? Oh do tell!
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

That's okay, I heard she has some "catching up" to do.
    Like start watching American Idol every Tuesday night?
    -
    14erskiers.com

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerskierchick
    Like start watching American Idol every Tuesday night?
    I'm catching up on Miami Ink now. What did you do with the last hour?

I get to be the biggest newb in the thread...gotta start somewhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    Well, we could just beat up on you some more...
    Oh. I don't really remember ever talking to you before or feeling "beaten up" by your sparkling wordplay.

Hmm. I guess that's what makes your nearly six thousand posts (!) so damned unmemorable.

Keep on pluggin' away, tho, sport! You'll build a personality eventually!

I'm catching up on Miami Ink now. What did you do with the last hour?
    I've been working on a particularly boring assignment that is for a course that I'm taking in order to get my Master's but I'm constantly being distracted by post on TGR which are far more entertaining Not sure which one is worse: American Idol or this assigment on "Performances of Understanding".
    -
    14erskiers.com

::grabs bowl of popcorn::

Hell, I might even play the Harley riders wingman.

Quote Originally Posted by FletchLives
    I get to be the biggest newb in the thread...gotta start somewhere though.
    Can't you go beat up Fletch and still his name? Because you, as a sequel, stunk. although I did think Julianne Phillips was hot
    Elvis has left the building