Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Maggot Requirement:

Change for a Nickel
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Whether it's a lurker or someone who posts a lot, every person i've met when asking for change was fun to ski with and relatively easy to get along with (except telekoptero, he's a real douche). if it's an assbag you meet by asking for change, hell, the community might be a little more real to them after a day on the hill.

The one thing I do know: Long-duck-jong/unabonger/whatever is not a maggot.

Yes, you can sell to whomever... But, if I posted a pair of 190 Exploders in great condition that I no longer wanted, I would much rather sell them to someone that I am familiar with, than a newbie. You know, give them a good home.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    I
    How about this? When someone asks for "change for a nickel", or "are you a maggot", should that question translate to more than "do you post on the internet"?, or are you a member of a community. The latter seems to make more sense to me.

I was just kind of curious what everyones thoughts were. In the end it doesn't really matter that much, but I'm bored, patiently awaiting American Idol.....anyone else hooked on it?
    If someone knows what "change fore a nickel?" means then chances are they know enough about the board so as to qualify as a maggot, no?

American Idol??? pfffft....
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerskierchick

American Idol??? pfffft....
    It's more entertaining and 'core than this shit board now days.

Who are these "maggots" you guys speak of? Am I missing out on something here? I originally came here to buy some black ski pants in a XXXXXXL and a pair of pocket rockets, but ended up staying because it was cool.

It's more entertaining and 'core than this shit board now days.
    But Blurred, don't you think of yourself as THE American Idol?
    -
    14erskiers.com

"Don't be afraid of the spaces between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so." - Belva Davis

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle"--Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerskierchick
    But Blurred, don't you think of yourself as THE American Idol?
    No, you've obviously mistaken me for phUnk.

Quote Originally Posted by iskibc
    Who are these "maggots" you guys speak of? Am I missing out on something here? I originally came here to buy some black ski pants in a XXXXXXL and a pair of pocket rockets, but ended up staying because it was cool.
    You think this place is cool? Your search for XXXXXL pants that would fall right off your skinny ass was a treasure find when you discovered the Powder Maggots and Maggettes!
    -
    14erskiers.com

I can see the point if a lurker is snatching up nicely priced Freerides or something...

I couldn't ski pow to save my life 5 years ago. Even 4 years ago I flailed like a gaper at Alta for the first hour or so during that 109" in 100 hour storm a few months before the olympics. Now (especially after this season) it's a different story

oh, and I hate moguls too....

I am not a maggot, but would know change for a nickel if asked.

Quote Originally Posted by birdboatboy
    I am not a maggot, but would know change for a nickel if asked.
    Would you know Winnie? Oh shit, AI is on! See ya!!

I was just about to give you shit for missing American Idol..... Damn....
    -
    14erskiers.com

this place is so fucking gay now.
    fine

If a lurker comes on and buys something from a maggot, then a maggot is still benefiting from it, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    The only TR I've ever posted was about a night of drinking some really vile green poison last August in DC.
    Ha! I thought about that TR the other night when I read an article in The New Yorker all about Absinthe - the various kinds, how it's made, etc. And truly, I thought of you two goofballs the entire time - you guys, and that TR.

In other news: I just bought a bunch of new bras and threw out my old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik

In other news: I just bought a bunch of new bras and threw out my old ones.
    That is WONDERFUL news! Thanks for sharing! I hope you donated the old ones to a bra tree.
    -
    14erskiers.com

Squatch Guest
    i don't think you get to call yourself a maggot. somebody else has to say it. it's kind of like saying you're cool.

that being said, i'm not sure it really matters. the thing about friendship and community and all that stuff is that it isn't a zero sum game. a lurker reading a TR doesn't take that TR away from those who post stoke. the same can be said for many other aspects of this board. if somebody wants to jump onboard and be a contributing member, then great. if not, well, it doesn't really bring anybody down.

deals come and deals go. if somebody snags those freerides you were eyeing, then whatever. you'll still be able to ski and have fun.

This is pretty good entertainment. Ha Ha. but...

or actually gets out and skis with the community?
    OK, so... what about maggots like me out in the sticks who ski mostly solo because BC has the only local snow worth goin' after and can't find any other mags around let alone somebody you run into more than once at the top of the pass, and/or earn 90% of ski days outside the area.
    I share the stoke tho.

confession: I like moguls (although they hurt like hell in my "older" age), especially w/ pow on top... and I never had a problem w/ my Markers.

Oh Winnie? We go way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261
    Change for a Nickel
    Do they say "Change for a 5 pence.." in the U.K. ?

Quote Originally Posted by yogachik
    I just bought a bunch of new bras and threw out my old ones.
    Gear swap. Duh.

further proof that every blurredelevens thread will go at least 3 pages
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

I call dibs for Blurred! I hear he's got ginormous man boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit
    Gear swap. Duh.
    Even better
    -
    14erskiers.com