Page 73 of 151 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 3764
    Yeah, definitely going to be adding some things to it. I think the seat will be the first thing, then see what the overall ergonomics feel like before I mess with bars, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Yeah, definitely going to be adding some things to it. I think the seat will be the first thing, then see what the overall ergonomics feel like before I mess with bars, etc.
    Definitely single seat.
    Unless you have a gorgeous pinup girl to tandem around.

Been riding all winter...sorry you guys have to take a break, but it just makes you appreciate it more, right?

I am thinking oh heading out to Joshua Tree NP next week, but have to see if I get over this cold. Nothing worse then snot in a full face.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Got out the other day

Friend got a new bike

A couple more for as a tease for those who can't get out all winter...

Death Valley in November, still riding in mesh jackets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161112_140005.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	202626

A few days later in Yosemite. Snow on the side of the road above 8,000', but roads were good.

Name:	20161115_101148-1a.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	202627

Three days ago in Carrizo Plain National Monument. Wildflowers not peaked yet, but still a nice ride.

Name:	20170314_121049a.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	939.1 KB 
ID:	202628

Hope you guys get out soon.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Nice! That you in the KLR?

Yep, not a sexy bike (like the Ducati you are getting), but just a workhorse, do it all bike.

I'm sexy enough to make up for the bikes limitations

iscariot

Haha. Horses for courses. That KLR will go places my Scrambler couldn't even dream of.

Had the forks rebuilt and put them back on the KX500. National Forests in this part open for riding next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    Haha. Horses for courses. That KLR will go places my Scrambler couldn't even dream of.
    True, but the scrambler will get to where you can't go way ahead of the KLR.

iscariot

Braaap. Just a few more weeks until everyday riding.

Jockey shift

Studded ice tire track racer
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Less than week to go!

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Lusted over this the other day.

Homie on sales floor even fired her up. Gawd that Arrow exhaust sounded sweet.

Guess I'll have to make do with this for now.

Can we do a Colorado/UT dirtbiker mag meetup sometime? Peach Valley is prime right now. Just rode Sand Hollow two weeks ago, also prime. Also willing to show some mags around the high country in the West Elks midsummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Can we do a Colorado/UT dirtbiker mag meetup sometime? Peach Valley is prime right now. Just rode Sand Hollow two weeks ago, also prime. Also willing to show some mags around the high country in the West Elks midsummer.
    I'll hit you up this fall, after I move to Snowmass FT.
    You might know my son Shaun, rides a KTM with Willis.

Did a nice little 400 mile run yesterday. Wasn't planned that long, but Plan A gave way to plan B which soon became plan C, and even that got modified. It was such a beautiful day that just kept riding up the Pacific Coast until the road was closed due recent rains.

My buddy just picked up this used 2094 R1150RT. Damn near new with 16,000 clicks on it. Neadless to say we stayed on tarmac the whole way. This stop is Cold Springs Tavern, a must stop for anybody riding through Santa Barbara county. It is an old stagecoach stop and is just a rickety old cabin, but a great opportunity for a beer.

Name:	20170320_160730.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	202919

iscariot

Not sure why pictures are suddenly posting sideways...anybody have a fix?

iscariot

Shouldn't have leaned too much!
    Dragging elbows!!

New whip! Now if it would just stop raining......

Sweet

iscariot

Today's Colorado dirt bike tree nap

Anyone own or spent time on a 2013ish FZ8? Looking at picking one up here soon and wondering what the collective thinks

I'd like to tap some maggot motorcycle knowledge, looking for a first dual sport / dirt bike. I've ridden before but it was infrequent and many years ago. I really want something street legal to be able to ride directly to trails, but these bikes are currently at the very top of my budget and are bigger than something I'd want to start out on, and I am sure that my skills are not up to par for riding on public roads. I'm thinking of getting a dirt bike to ride strictly on trails for about a year to get more comfortable before getting something I can title for road use.

Wondering what size dirt bike would be a good start for me? As I've said, I've ridden them before but my experience is very limited. I'm completely comfortable on a downhill bike, it's more the throttle control and body positioning that throw me off on the dirt bike. I would imagine actually getting out and riding could clear that up fairly quick. I was thinking a 125 yz, cr, rm, etc… Thoughts?

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Wondering what size dirt bike would be a good start for me? As I've said, I've ridden them before but my experience is very limited. I'm completely comfortable on a downhill bike, it's more the throttle control and body positioning that throw me off on the dirt bike. I would imagine actually getting out and riding could clear that up fairly quick. I was thinking a 125 yz, cr, rm, etc… Thoughts?
    Whats your price range? Do you want a mx bike, or offroad?

125s are a blast, you will learn how to ride more quickly on one. You can find one cheap, and you can learn to fix a two stroke yourself watching a few youtube videos. I own a yz125, and its my favorite bike. Among a KTM 250 SX two stroke, and a four stroke RM-Z 450.. the 125 is the most fun.

On a 125, even a novice can just mash the throttle and still be fairly in control. Less chance of whiskey throttle. You learn much quicker when your in control of the bike, rather than on a big bore bike that youre trying to tame. I ride woods and track on my 125, at 210lbs, and rarely have a problem with power. Only with hillclimbs.
    Last edited by aevergreene; 04-07-2017 at 09:12 PM.