Page 68 of 151 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3764
    anyone have any experience commuting with skis or a snowboard? i just got my dr350 running after 5 months of it sitting!!

this was really the only thing i could find - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695428

I rode from downtown Denver out to Boulder once with a pair of Sugar Daddies strapped in the ski carry on my pack. I highly don't recommend it. God invented cars so people don't have to ride around with skis on their back in the freezing cold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AItESENevVw

Anyone know exactly what is with these guys? There's got to be some sort of vespa cult or something...

I'm betting after their vespa tour they go back to their headquarters for a round of pints, some chilly, and a little bit of old-fashioned satanic ritual. The guys in the back of the convoy have got to love that wicked WWII era 2-stroke exhaust. Maybe the CO actually enhances the experience. Actual I got the chance to ride tail behind a massive vespa tour of like 150 on my way to work the other day because rule #3 in the vespa cult manifesto says to always go at least 20 kph under the speed limit. And they're all doing complete stops at every stop sign and its freagin ridiculous. So there's no way to pass this freagin monstrous wreaking vespa snake without getting in the right lane and going like hell. The CO might have enhanced the experience when I passed every one of those satanic fauks on my dirtbike.
    Last edited by theshredder; 10-05-2011 at 04:04 PM.

My KDX 200 dirtbike for sale, check it out!

http://wyoming.craigslist.org/mcy/2634274329.html
    i shred the gnar

I know ski season is upon us. However, I just spent a week in Maui and have to say if there is ever a place where renting a Harley is worth every penny... Maui is the place.

We rode from Kaanapali around the North shore which is mostly a single lane road on the cliff edge full of never ending twists and turns. Then we crossed the valley and started the road to Hana. The trip to Hana is about 50 miles and includes around 600 -700 hair pin turns. I cannot imagine a better road for a bike. All the while we were staring at amazing views.

Couple of phone camera shots from the North shore.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6378082685_8581c5463c_z.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	103867

Name:	6378082579_acc5d53076_z.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	103868

Name:	6378082391_21ffc8aa95_z.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	103869

If you find yourself in Maui, rent a Harley. The bike day was every bit as enjoyable as the day we spent snorkling with sea turtles and watching Humpback whales jump out of the water.

+1

Rented from Eagle Riders in Maui, we were staying in the Napili Bay area (Mauiin btw, excellent place, so quiet, family oriented, super chill, no douche bags).

I can't believe they don't require helmets. Girlfriend and I brought our own anyway. We ride sportbikes back home (Vancouver, BC) but found the HD experience to be pretty cool. Never been on one before, rode something called a Superglide...? Powerglide? Somethinglide anyway. It was cool cruising around. OEM seat is awful though, thought it'd be way better than that, put over 200 miles in a 24 hour period. Unforgettable experience.

Oh yeah, there's this tunnel that you kind of have to go through and open up the throttle...pretty cool.

recently back from prerunning the Baja 1000 race course, dang it would super gnar to race the moto class!

Link to pics

Said by a nine year old girl walking by my bike last week: "Look at that spicy motorcycle!"
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by daver View Post
    anyone have any experience commuting with skis or a snowboard? i just got my dr350 running after 5 months of it sitting!!

this was really the only thing i could find - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=695428
    Done it in the summer all the way to the mountain with the skis in the backpack. Quite a few times. Not too keen on doing it this time of year due to snow on the roads, but I am riding down to the park and ride then hitchhiking the rest of the way this time of year.
    Living vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by daver View Post

I didn't think it was too bad. A-frame or diagonal carry teh skis on your pack, strap the boots to the back of the seat and go

Can I play? After selling my RD400 in '83, and not riding since then, an old friend with 2 Duc's and an Ape got me to go for a ride this summer. It took me about 2 seconds to decide I needed a bike again. My wife was a barrier until I pointed out to her that I'm worth more dead than alive http://www.tetongravity.com/ubb/eek.gif

Here it is coming home from Clarkston, ID. An Aprilia Futura if you don't recognize it...coolest ST ever!

Attachment 103928Click image for larger version. 

Name:	futura 9-30-11 small.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	103929

After porting and applying a belt sander to the head for more compression, it was the fastest bike in it's class. Can anyone say "chopper"? How do you like the paint job? Applied with a brush.

Before

Name:	Yamaha_YL1_1966.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	104066

After

Name:	oldracer%u00252525204%25253A08.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	104065
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Been dry here for a while, then I hurt myself riding yesterday... Now the snow comes and I probably won't be able to ski it. Se la vie.

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Some pictures from down here in Central California where I live. This dry winter has made it alot more enjoyable to dirtbike than snowboard. The second picture is from Pismo

http://live.tetongravity.com/_spring...689/75233.html

Last edited by claymond; 03-12-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Roads are dry in Missoula and I've had the KLR out the last few days. Any other KLRistos here?

Sent from my ADR6300 using TGR Forums

Anyone know who makes this seat? I want this same one for the 2001 monster 900 I'm about to acquire.

Quote Originally Posted by MT View Post
    Most likely. I cannot find a physical address and I'm not sure about the phone number (81-29-7329089). Or the shipping charge is thousands of dollars. Plus a lot of those models are not offered in the states. Otherwise there is no chance those bikes are still in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by ericrayl View Post
    Can I play? After selling my RD400 in '83, and not riding since then, an old friend with 2 Duc's and an Ape got me to go for a ride this summer. It took me about 2 seconds to decide I needed a bike again. My wife was a barrier until I pointed out to her that I'm worth more dead than alive http://www.tetongravity.com/ubb/eek.gif

Here it is coming home from Clarkston, ID. An Aprilia Futura if you don't recognize it...coolest ST ever!

I am sure you will love it, silver is the fastest color. A pic of mine.

Attachment 103928Click image for larger version. 

Name:	futura 9-30-11 small.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	103929
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Anyone know who makes this seat? I want this same one for the 2001 monster 900 I'm about to acquire.

That is a Corbin seat, they make some real comfy saddles.

Quote Originally Posted by MT View Post
    They take Western Union, has to be legit.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    After porting and applying a belt sander to the head for more compression, it was the fastest bike in it's class. Can anyone say "chopper"? How do you like the paint job? Applied with a brush.

Before

Name:	Yamaha_YL1_1966.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	104066

After

Name:	oldracer%u00252525204%25253A08.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	104065
    NICE Corvair!! I love those old air-cooled engines. And looks like a early sixties Ranchero to the left? And maybe a Falcon convertible to its right? and a mid-sixties Suburban after that? A bunch of great cars all in a row! Don't know shit about bikes, though....except to say that if I ever got one it would be something cool and hard to work on...like an old Norton....or a Russian Ural with a sidecar or a 1968 Triumph with a chrome headlight. No crotch-rockets for me, nor stinking loud Hogs!!

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

That Corvair was a 1966, 110 HP. Great car. Enough power and handled real well. Wore out the rear tires the first 3 weeks I had it sliding every corner. No center hump so it was a fantastic date car - take your date straight to a dark parking spot. Mine was the Special Cycle Transporter model.

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Fastest Nürburgring lap on a motorcycle....crazy mofo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=inc9cGasgsA
    To the Thingmajigger!

wow! anybody been to this race?

I get sick of seeing all of the same POV shots so I decided to play around with some GoPro mounts last time out. Fail. Mounting to the plastic on a dirtbike is no good. The swingarm mount has potential, but is really exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

Some footy of my epic raddness this weekend:

And the best still I have ever captured on my motorcycle:

Name:	562692_362923197112650_152497689_n.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	118730

okbye

ps like us on facebook if you don't mind... if you do mind like us then mute us.

https://www.facebook.com/RenoSupermoto
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO