Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Signs of the Apocalypse

Custom cell phone ring tones.

Seriously, hasn't the novelty worn off on this yet?

There are a few people in my office that have them. I dont some much mind them out side of work, well really I do.. But it bugs the piss out of me even more here at my office. There is a chick that always leaves her ringer on high and her ring tone is some stupid ass Black Eye Pee's song, something about junk...
    When ever I hear it I want to picth the phone on to the express way.
    Last edited by Andy_B; 04-13-2006 at 02:14 PM.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

People would accessorize turds if the accessories were available for sale. People want to buy more jingle jangle for their gadgets, and be unique, like everyone else.

I just added 'Eye of the Tiger' as my phone ring and every time I get a call I want to high-five someone, run up the stairs at the Philly art museum, and kick Mr. T's ass. No way a standard tone can do that.

Squatch Guest
    even better...now there are "ring-back" tones.

when you call someone, instead of hearing a ringing at the other end through the phone, you can get a custom song or something to make people listen to when they call you.

A couple years ago at Christmas Eve midnight mass, this prominent community family with 2 daughters is up at the altar presenting the gifts, the priest is in the middle of his spiel and one of the girls' cell phone goes off playing the can-can song. It was obviously hers, everyone knew it but she didn't answer it thinking that if she didn't reach in her coat pocket we wouldn't know she was the moron who didn't turn her cellphone off at Christmas mass. The priest just stopped and waited for it to go to message. It played like 3 times through.

The other funny part was trying to figure which one of her friends was dumb enough to try to call her at midnight on Christmas eve.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD
    Seriously, hasn't the novelty worn off on this yet?
    Watching 50 year olds blanch in a meeting when their phone starts playing "Do the hustle" will never, ever, get old.
    Elvis has left the building

What I hate the most is when people have the ringer on their phone turned up louder than hell.

And then, they sit there and watch it ring loudly when they could just push one of the buttons on the side to make it stop.

Who the fuck wants to hear that shit?
    Put it on vibrate for chrissakes.
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

It's amazing how unproffessional some people are with their phones. Audibly ringing phones in the office is unacceptable, let alone '70s disco hits.

Yet the world turns.

At the real estate office, where cell phones are ubiquitous, I want to strangle the mofos who have songs that play all fucking day. ARGGHWLKNSDGF!!!!

I hate it when the sales people come back in and leave their loud ass cell phones (with songs) on their desks while they go into meetings and what not. Their phones go off and no one is there to answer them. I, too picture myself throwing them out into the street.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

My boss regularly leaves his cell phone lying on his desk in the newsroom (one huge open space seating about 100 peeps) and goes down to smoke a cigarette. His ringer is always on high. After about the 10th noise violation we started changing his ring tone to various settings. The best was downloading the MP3 ringer for Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls."

What I don't get is that people pay $ to get a ringtone that can be confused with the shite playing on the radio and then end up missing the call because all of the shitty sound blurs into one wall of white noise.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by cj001f
    Watching 50 year olds blanch in a meeting when their phone starts playing "Do the hustle" will never, ever, get old.
    That's why I love calling the people I'm in a meeting with when the big boss is talking
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

The only cool ringtone is the Beverly Hills Cop theme song because the ringtone actually sounds like the song, and not just a bunch of electronic crap. (ok the theme song is electronic crap, but whatever). Other than that, they just suck, and furthermore the music taste of people that get ringtones sucks. No one ever gets a decent song, all they ever get is crap.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Heh - the new phones actually have decent speakers in them and will play a normal MP3 - not just a digitized (muzak) version of the song.

i gotta pc connect to my phone and i upload whatever the fuck music i want to it. right now i got cypress hill. 'i want to get hiiiiiiiiiigh, so hiiiiigh'
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Let's see what my cell phone plays.

Sublime - Trenchtown rock
    Bedouin Soundclash - Rude Boys Don't Cry
    Slightly Stoopid - Souls on fire
    Slightly Stoopid - This Joint
    Modest Mouse - Float On
    Bob Marley - Redemption Song
    Custom - Hey Mister

Not crap by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins
    The only cool ringtone is the Beverly Hills Cop theme
    I was going to mention a guy near me at work has Axel F as his ringtone. I figured he was the only person in the world using this

I'm waiting for worthwhile Bluetooth apps to pop up, like: you walk into a meeting room, library, church, or something and your phone automatically goes to vibrate; and when someone's phone rings too loud and annoying it tazers them.

I think a loud fart sound would sell well.

Agreed - the super loud ringing in public places irritates the crap out of me.

That said - I like custom ringtones. Not the electronic beeping versions, but the MP3 versions. Much more interesting than a typical beeping. Used to have barbie girl on my phone, set for a particular person, so when she called me I'd get the wierdest looks (not super loud btw). Kinda fun. Made me smile.
    This touchy-feely Kumbaya shit has got to go.

I usually leave my phone on vibrate. I FUCKING HATE hearing people's phones ring, so I'm not going to subject them to mine.

Unless I am in a library, exam or other quiet place. Then It'll be some Anal Cunt song, or Blink's "Shit Piss Fuck Cunt..." song or some otherwise offensive MP3.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Was in court one day and a school teacher who was there as a witness had her phone start ringing. Signs everywhere going into the courtroom "No Cellphones". Judge went bonzo, had the baliff lock her in a holding cell until he was through court. Brought her back and fined her $100 for contempt of court.

Bad day to have a friend call.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    My boss regularly leaves his cell phone lying on his desk in the newsroom (one huge open space seating about 100 peeps) and goes down to smoke a cigarette. His ringer is always on high. After about the 10th noise violation we started changing his ring tone to various settings. The best was downloading the MP3 ringer for Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls."
    My favorite trick to punish such violators, is to switch their phone to another language... It's great because then they can't read it to switch back.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!