Burton AK Continuum Fuse mittens: crap

This picture was taken after about 3 hours of normal use:

Now, after about 10 days of use, they look even worse. The "leather" in the palms is falling off or delaminating, and is completely gone in some spots. They are not worth $150, and not $100 on sale either.

In contrast: My $10 Helly-Hansen mitts (that I bought while I waited for the Burtons to arrive) have been holding up for about 30 days with hardly any sign of wear.

The Burton mitts were bought on Backcountry, and from reviews there it seems that several others have had similar experiences: http://www.backcountry.com/store/rev...ml?id=kguHcns4

The most annoying thing about this is that Backcountry does not answer emails (I have sent 3 email in three weeks), nor does Burton. I was expecting more from $150 mitts, and I was hoping for at least a tiny sign of customer service.

Just my .02 €.
    I can see my house from here!

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    Kinko's cold weather work gloves: $5

Quote Originally Posted by Bzzzt
    The most annoying thing about this is that Backcountry does not answer emails (I have sent 3 email in three weeks), nor does Burton. I was expecting more from $150 mitts, and I was hoping for at least a tiny sign of customer service.
    Thanks to the nice people at the Norwegian (and Austrian) distributor, it seems I will get a new pair. So, when reports of 6" of fresh starts appearing in here, at least I will have some comfy mitts while I wait for the snow.

Backcountry has still not replied, so I guess they have enough customers and think it's ok to just ignore emails that actually requires some work.
    I can see my house from here!

have you tried to talk to them via their live chat feature?
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness