Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85
Results 2,101 to 2,117 of 2117
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskier View Post
    Joining this misery train.

"Why does he keep laying down?" Just turned into "I'm sorry but his cancer is everywhere and the main tumor ruptured and he's bleeding internally. You need to think about putting him down"

First dog. I bought a f****** house, just so I could get this dog. He has seen me through four jobs, one layoff, five girlfriends, one wife, and one baby.

Like when I was at literally the lowest point in my life, when I had literally no one to lean on, he was my friend, my therapist, my wingman. Turner and Hooch, Huskier and Gus.

He's comfortable, he ate an entire pizza by himself (Lifelong question answered), doggy hospice intake is in a few days

Like you think you're a big man, you think you're hard...until your dog gets sick. I have never cried this hard in my f****** life.

Attachment 490182
    Great tribute -

my Condolences...
    With love

tj / skiJ

Like when I was at literally the lowest point in my life, when I had literally no one to lean on, he was my friend, my therapist, my wingman. Turner and Hooch, Huskier and Gus.

Attachment 490182
    I'm so sorry Huskier. This part ^^^ is what gets me every time about our 4 legged companions. I hope they know how much they've done for us. I'm positive Gus does for you.
    I still call it The Jake.

Right there with you Huskier. My dog saved my life. The silver lining is he is not alone, he has you, and he doesn't have to suffer because of you. Take care.

He's comfortable, he ate an entire pizza by himself (Lifelong question answered)
    Bittersweet. This ^ is a very important question. Glad you could be there for each other on this pursuit of knowledge despite knowing how the journey ends.

Huskier, so sorry to hear. At least you got to bring him home for some quality time. Godspeed Pupper.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Condolences Huskier.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Saw this thread about the dog that coined “man’s best friend.”

https://x.com/dog_rates/status/1772292372371537931?s=20

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0089.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	796.6 KB 
ID:	491803

Joining this misery train.

"Why does he keep laying down?" Just turned into "I'm sorry but his cancer is everywhere and the main tumor ruptured and he's bleeding internally. You need to think about putting him down"

First dog. I bought a f****** house, just so I could get this dog. He has seen me through four jobs, one layoff, five girlfriends, one wife, and one baby.

He's comfortable, he ate an entire pizza by himself (Lifelong question answered), doggy hospice intake is in a few days

Like you think you're a big man, you think you're hard...until your dog gets sick. I have never cried this hard in my f****** life.

Attachment 490182
    This is the worst. I've been there....lowpoints and all.

I never, ever could have believed it at the time but a puppy eventually filled the void.

One love.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Hang in there, Huskier. It never gets "easy" - just easier...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Sorry again Husky.

I got this for my wife after we said goodbye to ours. Walked by it tonight and thought of you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5042.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	492099

Damn, Huskier, sounds a little like the relationship between me and my dog. I still really miss him. Sorry, dude.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

This was in the Atlantic this week. Gift link, free to read.

Why a Dog’s Death Hits So Hard

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ampaign=social

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post

Thank you for sharing that. Its uncanny how much a dog's passing can still bring tears to your eyes, even years after it happened. I think this line from the article helps to explain why.

"When we mourn a dog, we mourn a life we often witnessed in full, and a source of something close to an unadulterated good."
    I still call it The Jake.

Yep, all of my dogs have been angels on Earth. If people were as good as dogs, this world would be such a different place.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post

By any measure, I loved my mom more than our dog. If I could bring one back, I’d pick her 100 times out of 100. So why, in the moment of their passing, did I cry for him but not for her?
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Scott Van Pelt’s description of a dog as “the corner puzzle piece” is perfect.

Thanks for posting that article. It helped to paint a picture of why I still hurt 6 years to the day of my Best Buddy's passing...
    Gravity. It's the law.