Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Vibes, Booner.......that's a heartbreaker. Dog had a glorious life with you, celebrate that.
    Silent....but shredly.

That shit is tough Booner. Sorry.

We had a close call yesterday. We just moved to Michigan from SLC, and were going to check out a trout stream in the middle of hundreds-of-thousands of acres of national forest.....Nothing but woods forever. He has an e-collar that keeps him from chasing deer, but there was a miscommunication and it didn't get put on yesterday. We're there for a minute, and he busts a deer.......gone. We walked around woods we had never been in for 6 hours calling for him......for naught. We were absolutely devastated...I was bawling when we finally had to leave, and my wife was in bad shape. We get a call from some random number....He wandered into a bowhunting camp about 5 miles from where we were. These guys were in the middle of nowhere, had to be the only people for miles. SO incredibly grateful he found them. Offered the guys a reward, but they weren't having it. Oscar has been tired and seems a bit sore today : )
    Looking California, feeling Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsugar View Post
    That shit is tough Booner. Sorry.

We had a close call yesterday. We just moved to Michigan from SLC, and were going to check out a trout stream in the middle of hundreds-of-thousands of acres of national forest.....Nothing but woods forever. He has an e-collar that keeps him from chasing deer, but there was a miscommunication and it didn't get put on yesterday. We're there for a minute, and he busts a deer.......gone. We walked around woods we had never been in for 6 hours calling for him......for naught. We were absolutely devastated...I was bawling when we finally had to leave, and my wife was in bad shape. We get a call from some random number....He wandered into a bowhunting camp about 5 miles from where we were. These guys were in the middle of nowhere, had to be the only people for miles. SO incredibly grateful he found them. Offered the guys a reward, but they weren't having it. Oscar has been tired and seems a bit sore today : )
    Wow.
    I've witnessed the not so happy version of that scenario.

That makes me happy

Sent from one of those fancy cellular telephones
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

WestCoastPDR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by commonlaw View Post
    Someone must have been dusting while I was reading that.
    For real. I need a tissue. I sometimes wonder why my guy won't eat breakfast and stays in bed till 9. (I work from home so get to see everything)

booner. pm sent --

Damn, vibes... Currently planning the final exit for my pup. Anyone know the 15 year old golden retriever equivalent of hookers and blow?

Vibes Booner. Lump in throat looking at my aussie sleeping at my feet.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStrom View Post
    Damn, vibes... Currently planning the final exit for my pup. Anyone know the 15 year old golden retriever equivalent of hookers and blow?

A can of brand new Slazenger tennis balls, (the ones sealed in nitrogen, or helium or whatever it is?).

A good swim in clear water with ample mud to roll in inbetween.

Followed by a cheeseburger shared with his owner.

And some of a cold can of beer.

And a ride down the highway with his head stuck out of the window.

Or just waking up to the first snow of the winter to go completely bat shit crazy in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastPDR View Post
    For real. I need a tissue. I sometimes wonder why my guy won't eat breakfast and stays in bed till 9. (I work from home so get to see everything)
    I work from home as well.

If I didn't I would have come home to find him dead in his crate

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by FireStrom View Post
    lot of love and more love was my Golden's last few days. Couldn't think of anything better as he was sick for a while and it was tough for him to get close attention due to mouth cancer. He didn't smell great but it didn't matter. Your dog is your dog. Sorry for your loss Booner. And Bobby too, though it's late. The wooden memorial looks very fitting a proud game dog. Love the pooches more than most people

early 90s with the golden that taught me how good a friend they can be.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    vibes booner 9 isn't that old for a golden
    ive come to see the last ones dying in our arms in the front yard on the way to the vet for the injection of the rainbow bridge journey of peace
    as a blessing
    the whole veterinarian trip to a room and the needles is worse imo
    cool that a lot vets do that as house calls now
    my boys 9 now starting to loose his ability to hold it and shitting in the basement if i try to leave him much more than 6 hours
    it sucks but i'll clean it and get the local neighborhood kid to stop by after school and let em out
    hell I'd wallow in dog shit daily for the ability to share our lives with our best friend for another year or until the time we feel his quality of life has degraded to the point of journeying on to join those who came before and those who will join them in the future
    other than that
    no dog ever replaces the last ones, personality, companionship, memories and shared joy
    but creates a new opportunity for those things that make them more than just a dog
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

My mom's dog Franny, a soft Wheaten Terrier, died yesterday at 14. After a lifetime of dogs Franny was my mom's last. Mom died in '05 when Franny was 4 or 5. Franny had a good long life, I feel pretty sad about it though, in part because she meant so much to my Mom and also to my sister, with whom Franny lived since mom passed, and in part I guess because it's another link to the past gone, which I guess is just selfish but hey. Franny was a good dog. She was loved.

In other news my dogs have killed something out in the woods and they have been scrapping over it for two days now (but only at night and way out in the woods, I looked around but can't find it) and they've obviously been eating it, their farts would peel paint. Fucking dogs.

Fuk my wife just called in tears they are putting our 10 year old 160lb Saint Bernard down today at 5. Sucks he had a broken femur and a tumor on his knee.

Last edited by Tuckerman; 10-21-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

^Sucks man.

My last Saint made it to 10. Sorry for your loss. Great dogs.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

oh man...so sorry

I hope you can be there with him

I just filled out a couple applications for the local Golden rescues.

I wouldn't take a new dog tomorrow, but I'll be ready soon and the process takes some time as i understand.

This is the most emotion I've felt in a long time this week...guilt, sadness, loneliness, anger...and lots of it

I still can't believe he's not here. I've caught myself just about to call him a couple times...man this shit is not fun

Never too early to give and receive love from a pup in need of a home.. Gl

Stopped by a shelter that brings in rescues from down south on way home from airport the other day.

It's on now... Got my eye on a couple awesome boys and going tomorrow to meet latest truck full of rescues.

Dogs are so fucking great

This 2 year old GS mix developed happy tail while at the shelter. Ended up busted it so many times they had to amputate some of it. We took him in as a foster but are planning on adopting him to joking our other rescue lab/Shephard/husky mix.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1414622102.072985.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	778.3 KB 
ID:	159598

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1414622216.032872.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	636.7 KB 
ID:	159599

^^he's got the life

This guy had HTS from shelter. Rescued him, had tail amputated. Also very spoiledClick image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1414634460.225414.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	765.7 KB 
ID:	159623

Bobby, the rescue pups remember where they were and really appreciate where they are now. Sometimes I feel a little weird being the center of so much love, but then I say pfff and love them right back. Time to go for the evening walk with my buddies. Can you believe someone gave them up?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

^yes i can, the same reason i can believe that people torture animals. But those two are super cute. Did they come as a pair or separate?

I'm fucked now...puppies just came into rescue shelter

How do I say no to this??!!!

My GSP went into the rescue system before I adopted him for killing an outdoor cat. Had him for 18mos and have worked with him on and off e-collar to get him to respect cat space and not attack.

Been outta town a while and the care taker just sent this to me. Full on nap on a cats belly. Pretty big turnaround, proud of the little booger.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1414707645.560537.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	159684

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    I'm fucked now...puppies just came into rescue shelter

How do I say no to this??!!!

I took the one on the right.

It was first come, first serve... Got there 25 minutes before opening and stood outside the door. By the time they opened there were 12 people in line.

I got first pick and got the one I wanted. All the other pups were beauties too. Total mutt litter... Other than the pair of chocolates they all were different. Black lab, rottweiler, golden, beagle, boxer, and yellow lab. All look like pure breds for the most part from same litter... Cool and crazy.

Mom was brought up from Tennessee as pregnant rescue... Pups born in shelter.

The little fucker is even cuter than pic shows. Neither of them have marks other than white on chest. Pic looks like white on chin and nose, but there's nothing there on either. Beautiful dog with great personality... The whole litter was same way

I feel like I really lucked out finding this guy at a shelter