Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    As many opf you know, I recently put Schoko to rest. Today, his neices and nephews were born. YEA!!!

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Thumbs up

^^^ Stoked for ya C!!!!!

RIP, Willie. You were the sweetest, gentlest dog I've ever known. Thank you for 11 wonderful years. I'll miss you, little girl.

Oh, Tipp. I'm so sorry to read this. The second photo almost brought a tear to my eye. I feel your pain, mang.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Vibes to you and your buddy. Kiya and Dakota send their thoughts and vibes as well...
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Tipp, so sorry buddy. Willie looks like one hella cool doggers.

It is not just a dog.

-Buzz

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Hank and I took our last drive into the mountains this morning. As many of you know, he has really been struggling with his arthritis and other complications these past few weeks. His little body just wasn't strong enough to fight anymore though. It really breaks my heart so much to have to write this because he was truly the best friend I've ever had in this life or any other. I buried him in a shady grove of young fir trees near a place where we spent a lot of time together over the years. He was such a good dog, and now my house just feels so quiet and empty without him. He was so much more to me than just a dog. I keep telling myself the important thing is now he doesn't hurt anymore but it doesn't seem to make it any easier. I guess I'm a little relieved, but so crushed and hurting at the same time. It was so hard to let him go.

If you have a dog or a cat, or a turtle, or whatever, please hug them tonight. Take them for a nice long walk and give them their favorite food. Play with them often and always tell them you love them everyday. Please love them with everything you are and make sure they know it.

I miss you so much already buddy.

BSS - sorry to hear that. I'll give the Ghost an extra scratch behind the ear.

BSS that choked me up. My last dog died ~10 years ago now. I wish I had a dog now but I don't. I married into a cat though and I'll give her some love tonight for you.

Once I sack up and get dog of my own, I think I'm going to get a pup whenever my existing dog turns ~10...a hedge against being dogless. You should go get a pup!
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

maggie passed away a little over 2 years ago. my mom, who was originally completely against the idea of our family getting a dog, brought her home when i was 5. she absolutely loved winter and snow. i don't think we ever really found out why she got so sick all of a sudden and i'm getting a little teary-eyed thinking about the last time i saw her in the icu at the vet just a few hours before she passed away. it is truly heartbreaking to see your dog struggling just to get enough breath so she can get up and see you. rip maggie, i hope it's always snowing where you are now.

maggie waiting for my dad to take her on a walk. anywhere in the house you would find her at his feet.

now my family has 2 new hooligans, who have created a large amount of chaos around the house. we first got bailey a few months after maggie passed away and then we got abbey a couple months after that to keep bailey company as my sister was off at college and i was leaving the next year. i can't wait to see them again at thanksgiving.

abbey and bailey, respectively.

Just posted in Tipp's "My dog is dreaming" thread...and I have to say that one day I really want to have a dog. Always wanted one, and one day I will have a doggy friend.

That's about it...carry on! This thread is cool.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

So sorry BSS.... I hope you remember all the great times you've had with him. I just gave my dogs a couple extra hugs, from Hank.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Vibes and condolances on your loss and thanks for posting the thread originally. One of those things that makes me cry yet reminds me how blessed to have such creatures in our lives. http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
    I believe in the vibes and dogs and us share souls stuff so until you and Hank meet again cherish the memories.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Sorry to hear about your dog BSS. My girl just turned ten and is showing the signs of old age. It sucks, but I hope the joy of a life well lived will help you through.
    Red-i-XS

Every time I see this thread float to the top, I just grab for the box o' tissues. My Dad's dog, Murphy, has neuropathy pretty bad these days - she has a very hard time dealing with anything stair-related. I'm afraid she won't see Christmas. I was home a couple weeks ago, and he started talking about her and how tough things were getting on her. He started to cry. I've only seen my Dad cry one other time, and that's when his Mom died. I'm dreading what I know is coming, but he says as long as she still seems happy, he'll wait. I think he wants her to tell him when it's time.

Last edited by axebiker; 10-25-2008 at 09:44 AM.

BSS Guest
    Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground
    Words and music by Willie Nelson

If you had not have fallen
    Then I would not have found you
    Angel flying too close to the ground
    And I patched up your broken wing
    And hung around a while
    Tried to keep your spirits up
    And your fever down
    I knew someday that you would fly away
    For love's the greatest healer to be found
    So leave me if you need to
    I will still remember
    Fly on, fly on past the speed of sound
    I'd rather see you up
    Than see you down
    Leave me if you need to
    I will still remember

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    30 seconds after that my 4 footed "daughter" ambles into the room, stretches, yawns, walks to my side of the bed and puts her head on my pillow.

It was a great morning.
    my 4 footed son comes into bed like clockwork at 3 in the am, it never fails.

Great thread and so sorry for your lose I have been there and I am afraid I am headed there again. Words cannot describe my "just a dog" companion, he has been with me 15 years since he was 1 month old and not a day goes by that I do not think about what I can do with him to make him happy and provide that interaction that they thrive on. I still get a kick out of his funny expressions when I even move the slightest bit. He knows me so well as I do him.

Greatest part about working from home is spending the days with him. When I am fustrated with a client he can sense when I am upset because he will come and bury his face under my arm and not move until I pet and hang with him for a bit. He knows that will make me forget what ever the fustration was, even if it is just for 5 minutes, and you know what it works every time. He is a friend like no other and not sure what is worse seeing him get old and frail or the prospect him actually leaving me one day. He is the man and my life has been enriched with his companionship that no "just a human" could provide. Dogs have a spirit and soul that just becomes a part you and once you have created that bond with them you can never be with out one. I remember the young days trail running and riding and fishing and hiking with him, but also embrace his elderly days. I know he so wants to do what he used to be capable of and that is the trick keeping that spirit and fervor to be your friend alive in them. So here is to Rex 2 and all the other dogs out there that make us smile everyday, present and past.

Rex doing one of many tricks in his quiver

And RIP Winston, you left us way too soon buddy. Let him off the collar for 5 minutes to hose shit off of it and he runs into the street. It happens that quickly. Yeah he had one eye, so fuggin cute.
    Last edited by thin cover; 11-17-2008 at 07:33 PM.

thanks for sharing all of the wonderful poems and stories. dogs def enrich our lives in some many ways.

i could use some doggie stoke today.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

[ bump ]

... been a while since this one's been Up ...

Vieni a CASA ! !! Kiska ! !!

It's times like the one in the picture below that I often say, "It's all about the dogs".

Nice training day.

This is now my wallpaper on my work computer.

a ReRun --

In Tribute To Fritz ( and Trackhead ) --

THANKS for Your Stoke !

J

Bump for Fritz

I used to be a "Just a Dog"-person but my two Siberians have changed all that.
    Got both of the on pet insurance to ease the financial blow of any medical costs. If you don't have it for your pet, please look into it today...

I used to be a "it's not just a dog" person. My current dog is just a dog. Half the time, I'm ready to punt it off the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    our dogs love stuffed animals. my rotty chews the eyes and nose off, rips the face open, and then proceeds to take out all of the stuffing. she literally turns it inside out. kinda sick when you think about it.

Three weeks ago we had a puppy dumped off at our office. The first sign that he was here was him sleeping under my desk, so I figured he was making himself to home and I should first see if he was lost, looking for his people or otherwise mislocated.
    One of my close friends said, "He found his people."

When I was reading this thread, I stumbled on this post and thought, OMG, THAT is a grown up version of the puppy that was dumped off here.

Meet Jester, the new addition to my family and Marker extraordinaire(yes he tends to piss everywhere)!!

We found out that he loves corn on the cob!

How is it that someone who is not looking to adopt a pet can be so overwhelmed by the love of a dog in an instant?
    Sometimes you have to let your bad self ski...