Page 27 of 85 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Jacob

Your Momma picked you back when you were just a sick little guy and took care of you when no one else would. She never left your side.
    You grew up, and looked after her and kept her safe when it was just the two of you. You never left her side.
    Then you picked yourself a Dadda. Momma wasn't sure about him, but you were. And then we were three. Momma, Dadda, and Jakey. You barked and scared burglars away, and kept your kitties clean. But still you were always by our side.
    Whenever something went wrong, you were the first one to let Momma know it was going to be ok. Even when you got sick, you just wanted to comfort her and lick her tears away. Forever by her side.

We said goodbye to you this week at home, and your Momma never left your side.

Best friend and soulmate.

Jakey.
    Last edited by Caucasian Asian; 04-06-2017 at 02:49 PM.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Jakey ate like a king his last few days. He got grilled chicken, homemade meatballs, sausages, pizza, tater tots, bacon, and his last meal was filet mignon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1491492874655.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	203965Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1491492888386.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	203966Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1491492905266.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	203967Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1491492939986.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	203968Name:  1491492957916.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  50.9 KB
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Rough. Sorry to hear, man.

Sorry for your loss. He looked like a super sweet guy. Love the ghost face old labs
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Jacob

Your Momma picked you in when you were just a sick little guy and took care of you when no one else would. She never left your side.
    You grew up, and looked after her and kept her safe when it was just the two of you. You never left her side.
    Then you picked yourself a Dadda. Momma wasn't sure about him, but you were. And then we were three. Momma, Dadda, and Jakey. You barked and scared burglars away, and kept your kitties clean. But still you were always by our side.
    Whenever something went wrong, you were the first one to let Momma know it was going to be ok. Even when you got sick, you just wanted to comfort her and lick her tears away. Forever by her side.

We said goodbye to you this week at home, and your Momma never left your side.

Best friend and soulmate.

Jakey.

nice tribute, man - Thank you...

Jakey's still by your side , And He is in your heart .

I love his photos...

Thanks. skiJ
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Sorry for your loss man, it sounds and looks like Jakey was a real sweetheart.
    RIP Jakey - May the rabbits and squirrels run eternal and the sun always shine on you.
    I have lots of love for the OT's...

Bronco, I missed your post in Feb, so sorry for your loss.

Hate this thread..

sorry for your Loss Caucasian Asian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Yeah, this one's rough but beautiful. In Dog we trust.

This thread always brings tears to my eyes. I am really sorry to read about the best friends that have crossed to the other side. ACH said it well above and here is hoping we all get to be with our beloved fur kids again someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    here is hoping we all get to be with our beloved fur kids again someday.
    Amen.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by BSS View Post
    From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or "That's a lot of money for just a dog."

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."

Many hours have passed when my only company was "just a dog", but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog", then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend", "just a sunrise", or "just a promise".

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day. I hope that someday they can understand >that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog," just smile, because they "just don't understand."

' wanted to bump this thread with the op --

not entirely comfortable this became the memorial thread , but
    there are some great tributes here, including Jakey's...

" (Just a dog) ... gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day. " Amen. tj

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Jakey ate like a king his last few days. He got grilled chicken, homemade meatballs, sausages, pizza, tater tots, bacon, and his last meal was filet mignon.

Name:	1491492874655.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	203965Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1491492888386.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	203966Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1491492905266.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	203967Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1491492939986.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	203968Name:  1491492957916.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  50.9 KB
    Awesome. What a distinguished gentleman! Sorry for your loss.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    not entirely comfortable this became the memorial thread , but there are some great tributes here, including Jakey's..
    Some people just don't get the love a person can have for a dog or other animals. It speaks to their lack of compassion for all living things, but I get it. Humans are not raised to care about other creatures. It is all about us until we get involved with animals. Then the light comes on and we are better people because of it.

There is the Doggie stoke thread for happiness, but by this threads title, this is where a maggot will come to to share their pain when their pals are sick or close to the end. It makes sense to me.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

It's just a dog.

I don't want to post a full tribute, but I thought I'd put up a few of my favorite pictures of Talley, our 11-1/2 yr old yellow lab that we lost in early March to lymphoma. We lost her almost exactly three months to the day after her initial diagnosis... she was certainly a fighter, but she told us when it was time to let her go. I'll always cherish the last full day we got to spend with her: spoiling her with gigantic bones, ice cream for lunch, hanging out in the back yard with her (older) brother, and even getting to swim one last time in the lake even though it was March 4th.

Talley Monster was the sweetest, most personality-filled dog I've ever met, and it still tears me apart knowing that she isn't here to share in all the awesome things we do. We rescued her from being a stray on the streets of Grand Junction when she was 9 months old, and she fit perfectly into our family since the very first day. Most importantly, she was such an awesome "foster mom" to the 20+ foster dogs we've had over the last three years... she took them in under her wing, showed them how to live the good life, and may have told a couple of them to back off her ice cream.

We loved every single day we spent with her, and we miss her so much.

Name:	TalleySnowJan-10.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	535.9 KB 
ID:	204067

Name:	MonsterSnowFeb-1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	721.7 KB 
ID:	204068

Name:	CrestedButteAugust-16.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	204071

Swimming on her last day with Yoshi, her 12 yr old big brother. She always, always took the frisbee from him in the middle of the lake.

Name:	TalleyMar17-1.jpg 
Size:	614.0 KB 
ID:	204072

Name:	TalleyWindow-5.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	874.2 KB 
ID:	204069

Name:	DogsFebSnow-5.jpg 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	204070
    Last edited by smmokan; 04-08-2017 at 02:28 PM.

It's just a dog.

Great pics of a great dog

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I don't want to post a full tribute, but I thought I'd put up a few of my favorite pictures of Talley, our 11-1/2 yr old yellow lab that we lost in early March to lymphoma. We lost her almost exactly three months to the day after her initial diagnosis... she was certainly a fighter, but she told us when it was time to let her go. I'll always cherish the last full day we got to spend with her: spoiling her with gigantic bones, ice cream for lunch, hanging out in the back yard with her (older) brother, and even getting to swim one last time in the lake even though it was March 4th.

Talley Monster was the sweetest, most personality-filled dog I've ever met, and it still tears me apart knowing that she isn't here to share in all the awesome things we do. We rescued her from being a stray on the streets of Grand Junction when she was 9 months old, and she fit perfectly into our family since the very first day. Most importantly, she was such an awesome "foster mom" to the 20+ foster dogs we've had over the last three years... she took them in under her wing, showed them how to live the good life, and may have told a couple of them to back off her ice cream.

We loved every single day we spent with her, and we miss her so much.

Name:	TalleySnowJan-10.jpg 
Size:	535.9 KB 
ID:	204067

Name:	MonsterSnowFeb-1.jpg 
Size:	721.7 KB 
ID:	204068

Name:	CrestedButteAugust-16.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	204071

Swimming on her last day with Yoshi, her 12 yr old big brother. She always, always took the frisbee from him in the middle of the lake.

Name:	TalleyMar17-1.jpg 
Size:	614.0 KB 
ID:	204072

Name:	TalleyWindow-5.jpg 
Size:	874.2 KB 
ID:	204069

Name:	DogsFebSnow-5.jpg 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	204070

holy ... , smmokan : Yours is an awesome tribute !

Great photos And Great prose !!

Talley, Yoshi, your family... appear to lead and live an awesome, amazing Life !

Thank You for giving your pups such an amazing life !!

and lv2ski : your insight is appreciated and has merit and I accept it and will embrace it --

BSS's essay is perhaps my all-time favorite ( and 'Blue' , remembered a year ago (February2016) ,
    continues to 'give me courage to overcome the day... ' )

Talley's and Jakey's tributes ,,, I share the grief - and I prefer to celebrate the lives of our great companions (!!!)

I have had two thoughts :
    the great dogs never live long enough ; and a new one :
    our great dogs go before we cannot live without them ( Maybe there is a design. karma? perhaps, I don't know... )

my thanks to CaucasianAsian, Ilv2ski, and smmokan for your contributions to one of my favorite threads.

With great Respect. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 04-08-2017 at 06:40 PM.

smmokan, what a gorgeous girl. You have to really appreciate the dogs with a little extra personality. That is my Malamute's description to a T. I know when she finally leaves me I will be crushed. But for now, I make sure I enjoy everyday with her and her adopted brother, the Gunthenator. I am sorry for your loss.

Name:	1 002.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	876.1 KB 
ID:	204108

Thanks guys... Talley definitely had personality, which I think is why it's so hard that she's gone. It's very quiet around the house without her.

Sorry for your loss.

I remember coming home from my first deployment and learning that my child hood dog that I grew up with passed. I was crushed over it. My parents didn't tell me because they didn't want to distract me. I thought I would be prepared for that day but I learned that nothing can really prepare you for losing one of your best friends.

My current four legged friend has been with me for two years. I rescued him from someone who couldn't handle him. When I drove over to pick him up he was locked in a shed on a farm because he was chasing the other animals.

He's my running buddy and guardian of anything inside the house. He wonders the property all day and barks at anyone who comes into view. I enjoy every moment with him.

He's a half corgi half German Shepherd.

Name:	1491766441004.jpg 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	204119
    Last edited by Kailua_Boys; 04-09-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Awesome tribute to an awesome dog Smmokan. Props to you and your family for doing the foster dog thing.

Condolences Bronco and Caucasian Asian. Good looking dogs that lived a good life.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Smmokan, great pics and a great pup.

Made me go back and look up my posts on Molly, making for a bumpy morning.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

^^^
    I miss her too. :*/
    ---
    Nice tribute to Talley, Smmokan.
    Condolences... It sure looks like she had a fabulous and full life, and was well loved.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Thanks man, she was pretty special.

Name:	WineDogs-2.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	974.1 KB 
ID:	204259
    The look says, "That Sutter Home shit better not be for me."

Condolences.