Size 25.5 Falcon 10's

Got these things from the hookup, and they're too big for me (wtf? I thought these things had a tight fit?). Skied half a day, pretty much brand new.
    Refer to this thread if you don't know what they are:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ghlight=falcon

I payed $250 plus shipping, and I would like to get back what I payed for them. Don't think it is too unreasonale to ask that the buyer would cover my shipping costs too seeing as these aren't out in stores and all that bs.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

?

the shell is too big? or the liner too thin?

what were you skiing on before? the shell has a 293 sole?
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

if you will mail to canada, and marsh is not in line I'd like to talk to you more

I ski a 25 pro (course boot in 95flex) what salomonn where you in before?

will this be to big for me too?

all i know is i ski 27 pros, courses, and plugs

and the 27 falcon fits like a glove on me.

(and i am not interested, just curious what the problem is...)
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

I have been in size 25 crossmax's/x waves which fit me fairly well, a bit roomy in the heel and little wierd in the toebox, but good other than that. The falcons actually felt really roomy, especially too long. I would have ordered a 25, but they don't have even sizes through the hookup. After trying it on I actually think that a 24.5 would fit me best, but I just checked the hookup site, and they're completly out. Maybe my feet just grow and shrink.

Hmmm. If anyone wants to trade me a 25 liner for my 25.5 I'd consider this as well.

If not, they're yours marshal.

edit: i meant mntlion
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

can you put your wave liner in and see how that feels? if not I'll take them and try em'

I'm on the road for a few days as of 3/16 AM

So If you need payment ASAP, we need to do this tonight or in the AM, or hold them for me.

is the fal 10 flex as stiff as an wave 10?
    Last edited by mntlion; 03-15-2006 at 06:40 PM.

leaving in a few hours, back monday night,

if you will hold them I'll take em then.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion
    can you put your wave liner in and see how that feels? if not I'll take them and try em'

I'm on the road for a few days as of 3/16 AM

So If you need payment ASAP, we need to do this tonight or in the AM, or hold them for me.

is the fal 10 flex as stiff as an wave 10?
    Its actually a bit stiffer, especially rearward and to the sides. Not really a kill your feet race boot feel though.

I'm going to try swapping my liners out, although I really liked the taped seems on the falcon liner, I guess you can't have everything. If that feels wierd then the boots are all yours.

thanks can you PM me the "results"

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins
    I have been in size 25 crossmax's/x waves which fit me fairly well, a bit roomy in the heel and little wierd in the toebox, but good other than that. The falcons actually felt really roomy, especially too long. I would have ordered a 25, but they don't have even sizes through the hookup. After trying it on I actually think that a 24.5 would fit me best, but I just checked the hookup site, and they're completly out. Maybe my feet just grow and shrink.

Hmmm. If anyone wants to trade me a 25 liner for my 25.5 I'd consider this as well.

If not, they're yours marshal.

edit: i meant mntlion
    I don't thinik the liners will be any different from the 25.5 to the 25.0, the stock footbed is probably the only difference. At least that's how 05-06 Salomons and earlier are.
    It's heartbreaking to see a chick who's too anorexic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    I don't thinik the liners will be any different from the 25.5 to the 25.0, the stock footbed is probably the only difference. At least that's how 05-06 Salomons and earlier are.
    yup, no difference in most boots except the stock footbed. Are the boot sole length (ie. xx millimeters) the same as your current boots?

Yes, the bootsole is the same as my current ones. Funny though, I have an orthotic in it anyways, maybe its just the race liner is really thin and roomy.

Heh, this turned from a gear swap thread into a tech talk thread.

Back to gear swap, the boots just flex wierd, I love the way the shells fit me and especially how light they are, but they feel wierd on my feet. They are going to mntlion.

I ski in the course pro 120 flex 293mm boot sole. I am in the falcon now, 295 mm boot sole flex 110 the toe box is way roomier than the wave or pro so it does feel bigger, but it narrower through the forefoot, and tighter in the heel. The liner on the falcon is a huge improvement you can actually tell that your foot is drier and it seems warmer. It has great lateral direction but the stance is a little diferent and I find my skis jetting out from under me...but I have to agree with with leroy...there is something wierd about the way they ski, I found it difficult to foot steer..I think I may bail on mine as well, but will give them a few more days

195 Lab Swallowtail
    186 Moment Donner Party
    182 Moment Reno Freebird
    180 Moment Tahoe

I'm gonna live forever if the good die young

Life is a suicide mission

I haven't been able to come across any pictures of them, anyone care to share?

The falcon has 3-4mm of room in the the toebox [1st 2 toes only] while keeeping the the course fit (98mm methed toebox), while losing the spaceframe.

This boot switched me from a 26 shell to a 25 shell (I had previously been in a 25 shell, although with major mods). I wear a 9.5 to 10 street shoe.