Sole of ski boot worn down

I've had my current boots for about 6 seasons, and I'm quite happy with them. Recently I've noticed that the toe of the boot has worn down enough that I can move my boot inside the toepiece of the bindings. Is there any adjustment I can make to either the boot (Salomon) or the binding (Marker) that can correct this problem, short of buying a new pair of boots?

Thanks.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    This one's a gem.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

take it into a decent ski shop, they will know what to do, usually involving grinding if flat and screwing plastic shims on as a new boot base, at least that is what has kept my boots alive for this long
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

what he/she said

or vibram (search for the thread)

grinding the boot and plates are $100ish FYI:

new boot for sure
    "Right after you finish pointing it and you get up about 30 miles an hour and your skis plane out on top and you start to accelerate and you know you can start turning in powder. Thats the moment." - R.I.P. Shane

Thanks, I appreciate the input.

I guess it's either the vibram do it yourself or a new pair of boots...

Exclamation

Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion
    or vibram (search for the thread)
    I didn't read the home-brewed Vibram thread in it's entirety, but I assumed it was for transmogrifying alpine boots for use in an AT setting (with AT bindings like Freerides). Would the Vibram soles also work well in alpine bindings that used non-moving AFDs?

Quote Originally Posted by mday
    I didn't read the home-brewed Vibram thread in it's entirety, but I assumed it was for transmogrifying alpine boots for use in an AT setting (with AT bindings like Freerides). Would the Vibram soles also work well in alpine bindings that used non-moving AFDs?
    You should read it in it's entirety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

There's an easy tweak you can make to your bindings that will help keep you in: throw them the fuck away and buy some Looks or Rossis.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum
    You should read it in it's entirety.
    I reread it (it had been a couple of months), and it does discuss which alpine bindings should work well with Vibram soles and which ones may give problems. Here's the link in case anyone wants to check if their bindings will likely work with this mod.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12032