Thread: Damn

Damn

Well, I walk into my local shop today, and have my checkbook ready, about to buy some gotamas. I go over and look... no gotamas. The owner informs me that his rep came buy and picked them all up in exchange for next years. Damn. He reccomended the fischer atua.

Im 5 10ish, 135 pounds. Should I go with the atua or stick with the gotama, buying online.

thanks

catbert

oh... And I need help as soon as possible on this. I am leaving for Jackson hole this weekend, and would like to buy by wednesday.

thanks again.

Can't comment on the atua's, but i'm sure you'd love the goats in a 183. Another idea could be calling the shops in Jackson to see if they have the goats in stock. Buy over the phone, and conveniently pick up the sticks once you get there?

Gotama is a whole 9mm fatter in the waist than the Atua, making it a better pow ski, but from what I've heard the Atua is a good all-arounder and crud buster, since it's a bit stiffer than the Goat, though it maxes out at 186 or 188 i think.

Gots ski short...you would probably like the 190s.

Buy mine.

Edit: I'll ship them to you asap.
    I've got more suits than Liberace, but less than Eastvailhucker.

They dont ski 190 short
    The fischers would be 400, the gots in jackson=600. Best deal I have found there at least.

ps I have actually ridden 190 gots, and they are quite beastly.
    Last edited by Catbert; 03-06-2006 at 07:08 PM.

I'd just buy the gots online, and tell your shop what you did, so they can tell the rep to put those skis back in the damn store.

so the consensus seems to be 183 got for 200 extra. Is there anywhere cheaper in jackson hole?

The 186cm Atua can ski anywhere from a long to a short ski, depending on how they are mounted. Goats just ski super fucking short. So if you want something that actually skis like a 180-ish ski, get the Atua's. If you want something that skis like a 170-ish ski, get the 183cm Gotama.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

My roommate recently demo'ed the atua's because he broke the binding on his 4frnt VCTs. he said that the atua was too soft for charging through crud, and chopped up powder, and that he wasn't a big fan, he was on the size below the 186s, but if I were you I go with the gotama's and hold out on the atua's. i don't really think that they are comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert
    ps I have actually ridden 190 gots, and they are quite beastly.
    I've got more suits than Liberace, but less than Eastvailhucker.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH
    My roommate recently demo'ed the atua's because he broke the binding on his 4frnt VCTs. he said that the atua was too soft for charging through crud, and chopped up powder, and that he wasn't a big fan, he was on the size below the 186s, but if I were you I go with the gotama's and hold out on the atua's. i don't really think that they are comparable.
    Atuas are 186
    he was not on 186's
    Therefore he was not on atuas

Kehua's are 1 size smaller (waist and length) then 186 atua's
    He was on skis that were 1 size smaller then 186
    Therefore he was on Kehua's

Catbert asked about atuas
    your information was about Kehuas
    Therefore, it does not apply to Catbert (who is 135lbs and will probably be fine on the atua's)
    Last edited by XtrPickels; 03-07-2006 at 12:32 AM.

Size down would be the 177cm Kehua's, which are bright red this year. Softer flex pattern, 92mm waist, and designed as a junior pow ski for kids like adam and nick>jesus and big girls, as well as a jibber butter ski...
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Kinda out of left field, but I just bought some 176 big troubles $350 new Thanks PHD

Gonna wait to find a deal on gots... or another pow ski.

thanks for the replies

catbert
    Last edited by Catbert; 03-07-2006 at 09:34 PM.