Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Semi-Official, Tentative Proposed PNW Summit '06 Scehedule of Events

Let me first explain that I am not fully aware of everything. Please let me know if people should be somewhere that I'm not thinking of or that I missed!

Second, I understand that not everyone will be at the Washington resorts, so I'll try creating a dual schedule for both those who'll be at some of the Seattle area resorts, and for those who'll be strictly at W/B.

Anywho, here's what's going on as far as I can tell so far:

--------

Friday, March 3rd:

W/B people: ??? - let me know!

Seattlites:
    Skiing: Crustal Mountain. Sommelier: Buster. Meeting at Chinook Express 8am sharp. Look for Squirel99's crazy Toque! Also, Buster said he'll be "sporting a tall grey toque, yellow softshell, black pants, black and yellow flexons, fritsches on old silver Asteroids. Note the weedy goatee."
    Apres/Evening: ??? Maybe some place that I've heard of called the "Snorting Elk?" - let me know

--------

Saturday, March 4th:

W/B people:
    Skiing: Per Atrain505's recommendations, Blackcomb with a meet time of 8:15 at the bottom of the Excalibur Gondola in the village, or for those who've slept in because you're hung over, y'all can meet up at the bottom of the Glacier Chair at 12:00.
    Apres/Evening: Apres at Merlin's.

Seattlites:
    Skiing: Stevens Pass. Buster has suggested meeting at the Safeway in Monroe at 7:30 am.
    Apres/Evening: ??? Don't know... me and my Uberparents will probably be at The Taproom in Belleveue (sp?) in the early evening. Good luck trying to find us, though.... Z-Bo, you are not allowed to talk to my mother.

--------

Sunday, March 5th:

W/B people:
    Skiing: Per Atrain505's recommendations, Blackcomb with a meet time of 8:15 at the bottom of the Excalibur Gondola in the village, or for those who've slept in because you're hung over, y'all can meet up at the bottom of the Glacier Chair at 12:00. Also, Leelau will go on a lift-assisted backcountry tour somewhere (but may stay inbounds if it's a powder day). Give him a call at 604 603-4907 if you're interested.

Seattlites:
    Skiing: Alpental. Sommelier:squirrel99.
    Meeting Time: 8am-8:15am@ outside Denny Lodge near the Armstrong Express
    Apres/Evening: ??? - let me know

--------

Monday, March 6th:

W/B people:
    Skiing: Per Atrain505's recommendations, Whistler with a meet time of 8:15 at the bottom of the Whistler Gondola in the village at 8:15, or for those who've slept in because you're hung over, y'all can meet up at the lightboard lightboard outside Roundhouse on Whistler at 12:00.

Seattlites: ??? - Not sure.... however, my Uber-stepfather mentioned a desire to go to Crystal, so I'm going to make that recommendation for this day. We'll try to keep the meeting time and place the same - 8am-8:15am @ at the bottom of the Chinook Express. Anyone have different thoughts?

--------

Tuesday, March 7th:

W/B people:
    Skiing: Here's what PulverSchwein is up to: "Pow11 starts a group skiing the deep stuff on Blackcomb, lots of new snow forecast so likely staying in-bounds but never hurts to carry beacon/shovel/probe, meeting time is 9AM at the base of the Glacier Chair on Blackcomb. Just hang back from the end of the corral. Post-lunch regroup at 12:00, same place (bottom of the Glacier Chair at 12:00)."
    Apres/Evening: Merlins at base of Blackcomb's Wizard Express (Upper Village near the Chateau Whistler)

Seattlites:
    Skiing: Crustal Mountain. Sommelier: Buster Highmen.
    Meeting Time: 8am-8:15am @ at the bottom of the Chinook Express.
    Apres/Evening: Snorting Elk for apres.

--------

Wednesday, March 8th:

W/B people:
    Skiing: probable that LeeLau starts a group storm skiing copious pow at Whistler, again avy gear never hurts but plan is to ski in-bounds, meeting time 9AM at the huge lightboard outside the Roundhouse on Whistler. Post-lunch regroup at 12:00, same place (the lightboard outside Roundhouse on Whistler at 12:00). Leelau sounds like he'll confirm later.
    Apres/Evening: Longhorn's

Seattlites:
    Skiing: Crustal Mountain.
    Meeting Time: 8am-8:15am@ at the bottom of the Chinook Express.

--------

Thursday, March 9th:

W/B people:
    Skiing: Blackcomb. Meet at the Excalibur Gondola in village at 8:15 and ski. For those who've slept in because they're hung over, y'all can meet up at the bottom of the Glacier Chair at 12:00.
    Apres/Evening: Merlin's for apres.

Seattlites:
    Skiing: ??? - hopefully y'all will be up at Whistler by then...

--------

Friday, March 10th:

W/B people:
    Skiing: Whistler. Meet at the Gondi in village at 815 and ski. If you're hung over or still drunk, meet at the lightboard outside Roundhouse on Whistler at 12:00.
    Apres/Evening: Apres at Longhorn's. Dinner at Sushi Village in thevillage (its on the 2nd floor above Blacks the pub) at 7:00.

Seattlites:

--------

Saturday, March 11th:

W/B people:
    Skiing: LeeLau is thinking about doing a b/c day. Plans, locations TBA. This'll be updated later as to which mountain we'll be at for inbounds skiing.
    Apres/Evening: Apres likely at Merlin's, but dinner had to be bumped up to 5:30 pm at Carambas in village (close to main square in village) in order to reserve a large table for us.

Seattlites:

--------

Sunday, March 12th:

W/B people:
    Skiing: ???
    Apres/Evening: Don't know...

Seattlites:

--------

LeeLau and others had suggested a day of cat or heliskiing, but I haven't seen that on any of the threads. Please let me know if this has changed.

Some general notes:

Barnballs has suggested somewhere called "Longhorn's" as the general apres locale during the week unless otherwise noted. I know nothing about this place (or W/B in general, for that matter).

Also, unless someone objects, consider 5-13 the official radio channel for the maggots during the Summit at both locales. We can use 9-10 as a back-up if there's too much chatter on 5-13.

Here's a couple of thoughts for some of you newbies:

• For those who've never been to a summit or never met any Maggots, there's a couple of ways to find us. First off, we'll be a big group of mostly skiers with a few snowboarders sprinkled in. Most will have helmets. Look for little round "PM" stickers on helmets, boards, or skis. Also, a higher then normal percentage of us will be on PM Gear Bro Model Skis. You can also yell out "Anyone have change for a nickel?!?!?" That works, too, however there is a very small chance that someone will immediately thereafter try to grab your crotch. Be forewarned. This makes me think - us 'merican yahoos call a 5-cent coin a "nickel" because of they used to be made of said metal. What do they call 5-cent coins in Canada?
    • Also, if you're new, here's what you can expect: We'll stand around and jabber for the first hour, waiting for the group to amass. Then people will start to get bored/agitated (much, much more so if it's a powder day), and we'll either splinter off or move in a big group and then splinter off shortly thereafter. Either way, you'll quickly find others of similar ability. However, you don't want to be running around, getting your lift ticket, or who knows what else. Do yourself a favor so you don't get left behind, so be ready to head up the lift at 8:15.

Anyway, this list is obviously amorphous and incomplete. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR CAN ADD TO THIS LIST!!!!

Many thanks!

Love,

Uber.
    Last edited by Ubersheist; 03-06-2006 at 08:49 PM.
    Fighting foot fungus one public bath house at a time!

My site

How 'bout secondary meeting times at noon for the W/B days? Maybe the lightboard at the top of Excelerator for Blackcomb and the lightboard outside Roundhouse on Whistler?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubersheist
    Let me first explain that I am not fully aware of everything. Please let me know if people should be somewhere that I'm not thinking of or that I missed!

Second, I understand that not everyone will be at the Washington resorts, so I'll try creating a dual schedule for both those who'll be at some of the Seattle area resorts, and for those who'll be strictly at W/B.

Anywho, here's what's going on as far as I can tell so far:

--------

Friday, March 3rd:

Seattlites:
    Skiing: Crustal Mountain. Sommelier: Buster. Meeting at Chinook Express 8am sharp. Look for Squirel99's crazy Toque! Also, Buster said he'll be "sporting a tall grey toque, yellow softshell, black pants, black and yellow flexons, fritsches on old silver Asteroids. Note the weedy goatee."
    Apres/Evening: ??? Maybe some place that I've heard of called the "Snorting Elk?" - let me know
    The toque of st00pidity is mine alone.

--------

Saturday, March 4th:

Seattlites:
    Skiing: Stevens Pass. I know not of any meeting time or place yet. Any suggestions?
    Safeway in Monroe at 7:30 am.

--------

Sunday, March 5th:

Seattlites:
    Skiing: Alpental. Sommelier:squirrel99.

--------

Monday, March 6th:

Seattlites: Buster and a few others will be at Crustal.

--------

Tuesday, March 7th:

Seattlites:
    Skiing: Crustal Mountain. Sommelier: Buster Highmen.
    Meeting Time: 8am-8:15am@ Chinook Express @ 8:00
    Apres/Evening: ??? - Snorting Elk.

--------

Wednesday, March 8th:

W/B people: LeeLau has offered to show people around, but I'm not sure which mountain. Please let me know!

Seattlites: ??? - let me know!
    Some of us will remain at Crustal. Other will have driven to W/BC

--------

Thursday, March 9th:

W/B people:
    Skiing: Blackcomb. Meet at Gondi in village at 815 and ski..

Seattlites:

--------

Friday, March 10th:

W/B people:
    Skiing: Whistler. Meet at Gondi in village at 815 and ski..
    Apres/Evening: Apres? Don't know... Dinner at Sushi Village in village (its on the 2nd floor above Blacks the pub) at 7:00.

Seattlites:

--------

Saturday, March 11th:

W/B people:
    Skiing: LeeLau is thinking about doing a b/c day. Plans, locations TBA.
    Apres/Evening: Apres likely at Merlin's, but dinner had to be bumped up to 5:30 pm at Carambas in village (close to main square in village) in order to reserve a large table for us.

Seattlites:

--------

Sunday, March 12th:

W/B people:
    Skiing: ???
    Apres/Evening: Don't know...

Seattlites:

--------

LeeLau and others had suggested a day of cat or heliskiing, but I haven't seen that on any of the threads. Please let me know if this has changed.

Some general notes:

Barnballs has suggested somewhere called "Longhorn's" as the general apres locale during the week unless otherwise noted. I know nothing about this place (or W/B in general, for that matter).

For those who've never been to a summit or never met any Maggots, there's a couple of ways to find us. First off, we'll be a big group of mostly skiers with helmets, little round "PM" stickers on helmets or skis, and a higher then normal percentage of us will be on PM Gear Bro Model Skis. You can also yell out "Anyone have change for a nickel?!?!?" That works, too. This makes me think - us 'merican yahoos call a 5-cent coin a "nickel" because of they used to be made of said metal. What do they call 5-cent coins in Canada?

Anyway, this list is obviously incomplete. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR CAN ADD TO THIS LIST!!!!

Many thanks!

Love,

Uber.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by The AD
    How 'bout secondary meeting times at noon for the W/B days? Maybe the lightboard at the top of Excelerator for Blackcomb and the lightboard outside Roundhouse on Whistler?
    Okie-dokie... Done...

My site

I'd like to get some downtown Seattle apres in on Monday or tuesday.

Wednesday I would like to ski Baker en route to Whistler.

That's all I got.

Quote Originally Posted by shmerham
    I'd like to get some downtown Seattle apres in on Monday or tuesday.

Wednesday I would like to ski Baker en route to Whistler.

That's all I got.
    R,
    dodger called me from crystal parking lot this morning. he rented a car (not sure how many days) and is looking for someone to share ride and expenses. caller ID was blocked so i can't pm you his number. he said he would try to check the board tonight. sounded like he wanted to stay in washington till midweek, then go to whistler, and i may as well since my whistler friend just told me that he has to be out of town till the 9th, so i am looking for room/rides the 6th-8th.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Dodger left me a message, too. He's in room 407 of the Village Inn at Crystal. I believe his cell number is in the contact info thread.

thanks for doing this. You can drop this in as a cut and paste.

- Meeting times for trips for me are firm. I won't wait long. Its not fair to the groups. Cell is 604 603-4907. I'm a chinese guy and will be standing in a prominent position. Green jacket; tan softshell pants. May be wearing a red helmet or blue hat.

- Cat-skiing is a no-go as not enough people committed in advance

- All dinners are reserved and are pretty much fixed for time of about 2 hours. We can move to a bar after. The locations are small but the food is good and relatively cheap - budget $ 30 for food - alcohol extra. I reserved for 20 people.

- I will post updated b/c trip locations and meeting times about a day in advance. If you need to rent gear contact Escape Route at http://www.escaperoute.ca/index.php in advance and get the gear set up and reserved the day before.

-

Thought I'd cross post this from the other thread.

I'll definetly tour Mags around inbounds and backcountry. Fri-Monday are the days I will be skiing both weekends.
    So I'm stepping up. I personally always like bottom of Glacier chair on Blackcomb at 9 or 10.
    Lightboard on Whistler at 9 or 10.
    Whistler on Weekdays i.e. fri and mon.
    Blackcomb on weekends.
    I'll have my pass back by then too. Whoppee!
    White giro full face with red jacket and bros. I'll be waiting at said places at said times to show people the goods -this involves potential backcountry so bring your gear, potential scare yourself stupid lines, and potential hucks.
    I'm happy to meet and ski with new people.
    Same disclaimer as Lee. If there's powder days (which hopefully there are) this all changes.
    See ya at the Maggot summit.

So essentially starting this Sat. Every sat and sun I will ski blackcomb meeting at 9 am and 10 am at the bottom of glacier chair.
    Every Fri and Mon meeting at 9 am or 10 am at the lightboard on Whistler.

I am up for a W/B meet and greet tomarrow night, and an AM meet and ski on sat. then play it by ear once we see how many are making it to W/B for the first half

Longhorn is the obvious Apres spot, you cant miss it, its the big place packed with people on the left hand side of your run out to the Blackcomb base area

Edit: will everyone have their radios on? whats the standard channel? 9-10 or somthing like that?
    Last edited by Droopy; 03-02-2006 at 02:07 PM.

9 or 10 at Glacier chair sounds good to me, unless plans change and we decide to hit the musical bumps on Saturday I'll probably be there. White pro-tec helmet, red jacket, black pants, bros

Longhorn's at Whistler Base, Merlins at Blackcomb base, and for good effort, Dustys at Creekside.

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy
    I am up for a W/B meet and greet tomarrow night, and an AM meet and ski on sat. then play it by ear once we see how many are making it to W/B for the first half

Longhorn is the obvious Apres spot, you cant miss it, its the big place packed with people on the left hand side of your run out to the Blackcomb base area

Edit: will everyone have their radios on? whats the standard channel? 9-10 or somthing like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain505
    Thought I'd cross post this from the other thread.

I'll definetly tour Mags around inbounds and backcountry. Fri-Monday are the days I will be skiing both weekends.
    So I'm stepping up. I personally always like bottom of Glacier chair on Blackcomb at 9 or 10.
    Lightboard on Whistler at 9 or 10.
    Whistler on Weekdays i.e. fri and mon.
    Blackcomb on weekends.

So essentially starting this Sat. Every sat and sun I will ski blackcomb meeting at 9 am and 10 am at the bottom of glacier chair.
    Every Fri and Mon meeting at 9 am or 10 am at the lightboard on Whistler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skieast
    Longhorn's at Whistler Base, Merlins at Blackcomb base, and for good effort, Dustys at Creekside.
    Unless anyone objects, I'll incorporate these into the schedule. However, I'd like to change the meet times and places to the previously suggested locations and times for simplicity's sake. As such and depending on which resort will be the resort of the day, I'm suggesting that everyone meet up at the bottom of the respective Gondolas at 8:15.
    Last edited by Ubersheist; 03-02-2006 at 05:56 PM.

My site

Saturday and Sunday plans
    -----------------------------------------------------

Saturday lets meet at 815 at the Village base; I will be at the bottom of the Excalibur Gondola leaving at 815 SHARP.. Green arcteryx jacket - hat - red pack - black pants; generic asian. Will be skiing Blackcomb. Otherwise meet at Glacier Lodge at 11am for lunch. Upstairs somewhere - cell is 604 603-4907 - no radio.

Sunday - touring; don't know where. Lots of snow forecasted so who knows.
    Last edited by LeeLau; 03-03-2006 at 09:36 PM.

5-13?

A standard radio channel is still needed. 5-13 was used at JH last year Hope to meet lots of maggots at the longhorn friday (tomorrow) night!
    I'm here cause I'm not there!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau
    stuff...
    Info from your post above was added to the schedule. Please let me know if you want your phone number removed, and I'll do so posthaste!

My site

Quote Originally Posted by weski
    A standard radio channel is still needed. 5-13 was used at JH last year Hope to meet lots of maggots at the longhorn friday (tomorrow) night!
    Unless anyone objects, lets use that channel then... Also, someone suggested 9-10 in a different thread. Let's use that as a backup channel if there's too much outside chatter on 5-13.

My site

Uber you cut and pasted a chair from Crystal Mt into the WB meeting place section of March 9th.

For Blackcomb days, people need to meet in front of Excalibur Gondola, as opposed to the Whistler Gondola which is about 200 feet away and doesn't lead to Blackcomb.
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

For the Crystal info: There is no Denny Lodge or Armstrong Express at Crystal. The main lower chair is the Chinook Express. Apres will be at the Snorting Elk.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Ok so 8:15 on Saturday in the village 5-13 on the radios calling out for change.

OR

later because chances are I am not waking up that early on on non-powder day

I still have some packing to do, then I am off to pull an all-nighter with the boys down town. Expect a DPPS before i head to the airport at 4AM

Quote Originally Posted by PulverSchwein
    Uber you cut and pasted a chair from Crystal Mt into the WB meeting place section of March 9th.

For Blackcomb days, people need to meet in front of Excalibur Gondola, as opposed to the Whistler Gondola which is about 200 feet away and doesn't lead to Blackcomb.
    Well, what can I say. I'm not perfect. I'll fix it up!

My site

Quote Originally Posted by Ubersheist
    W/B people:
    Skiing: ....... or for those who've slept in because you're hung over, y'all can meet up at the lightboard at the top of the Excelerator lift at 12:00.
    Thanks for putting this together Uber, it's much appreciated. FWIW I think the top of Excalibur Gondi is kind of out of the way for lunch time meeting. Maximum hookups if y'all do it like this: ( a variation on pow11s plan I think?)

Depart Bottom of Excalibur Gondi @ 8:15
    Depart Bottom of Glacier Chair @ 9, stragglers try again @ 10
    Depart Bottom of Glacier Chair @ 12
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

well, me and my party pants are going to be shredding bcomb solo tomorrow. bye.
    Believe.

Getting on the plane now from Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by PulverSchwein
    I think the top of Excalibur Gondi is kind of out of the way for lunch time meeting.
    I mentioned top of Excelerator, not the gondola, but I think Glacier Creek is a good place to meet (i.e. bottom of Glacier chair or out in front of the restaurant).

Atrain mentioned "lightboard on Whistler." This is a little cryptic for people who've never skied there. I'm assuming he means the lightboard out in front of the Roundhouse, in other words at the top of the gondola. Probably need to clairfy this one.